Chapter 43

Collision of Two Worlds

But I like you more, Baekhyun thought. 

Shaking his head, Baekhyun sighed. “I never knew you like this kind of places and you don't like too much noise” Baekhyun said turning his head to look at her. “I may be fun to be with at times but I never liked too much noise. Only Yoona has the guts to do that” Taeyeon said reminiscing those times Yoona would annoy her because of her constant loudness, seeing a hint of sadness in her eyes, Baekhyun frowned a little.

“Hey” He called and Taeyeon knew what he meant by that, she sensed that same old worried tone she always hears right after Yoona died. “It's alright, I'm trying to cope up with it” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun can't do nothing but to look at her with worried eyes, as much as he knows how sincere Taeyeon's statement was, he can't help but to feel worried about her. Noticing this, Taeyeon chuckled. 

“I'm fine, you don't have to worry you know” Taeyeon said turning her head to look at him. Seeing him still frowning, Taeyeon reached out her hand and cupped his cheeks with a smile plastered on her face making him surprised, he loved the warmth Taeyeon gives him. “I just.. can't help it” Baekhyun said as he looked down, not failing to see the scar on Taeyeon's wrist. Holding her hand, Baekhyun removed the one with the scar away from his face and stared at it. 

“How's the cut? Is it all healed?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon removed her other hand from Baekhyun's cheek and nodded her head. “It aches a bit at times but the doctor gave me some painkillers, he also said that it's healing fast” Taeyeon said and Baekhuyn looked down. “I should have kept my mouth shut that day, you wouldn't have been shocked and you wouldn't have cut your wrist” Baekhyun said remorsefully making Taeyeon frown. Seeing him guilty over something is one of the last things Taeyeon wanted to see, shaking her head, Taeyeon then reached out towards his cheeks this time pinching it. 

“It's alright, I like it better if people tell me the truth. I don't want people close to me keep things away from me. Moreover, lie” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun felt his heart drop. She doesn't want people keeping things away from her, she doesn't want people lying to her but there he is, hiding something away from her, lying that he's just a normal guy. 

Should I tell her the truth now? Baekhyun thought. But what if she pushes me away? His inner self battled. 

That's the last thing I want her to do. Baekhyun answered back. 

“Hey” Taeyeon called when she noticed him spacing out. “Yes?” Baekhyun asked while raising his brows. “Let's eat” Taeyeon said making Baekhyun chuckle. “Good idea” Baekhyun said as he handed her the small boxes of food they bought. Seeing her start eating, Baekhyun kept thinking, no he kept battling with his inner self. 

Should I tell her? 


“Let's go” Taeyeon said as soon as she closed the box she's holding. “We just finished eating, where are we going?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon, without answering his question grabbed his arm and pulled him up. “I want to show you something” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun can't do anything but to sigh. As much as he wanted to resist, he knows he can't. Not especially when it comes to Taeyeon. 

He's defenseless. 

“It's just nearby here” Baekhyun heard Taeyeon said while still dragging him back in the woods, looking at their hands, Baekhyun smiled a little. Oh, how would he do everything just to hold her hands for as long as he can. “We're here” Taeyeon said stopping and breaking Baekhyun's thoughts, feeling her let go of his hand, Baekhyun in reflex grabbed it again making Taeyeon look at him with a questioning look. 

“What?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “Nothing” He said with a smile and when Taeyeon was about to take her hand back, Baekhyun held on it tightly. “Just for a while” He said, his heart beating fast. He never felt so much nervousness like this before, he felt scared that Taeyeon might decline him. Especially with her having a serious look on when he told her that he'll hold it for a while.

“You're afraid?” Taeyeon asked and before he can react, Taeyeon laughed. “Scared?” Taeyeon asked again and Baekhyun can't do anything but to sigh. “That's it, I'm scared” Baekhyun answered. 

I'm scared that this may be the last time I can hold you like this. Baekhyun thought. 

“Alright” Taeyeon said and before he knew it, Taeyeon properly intertwined their hands making his heart beat faster that it has ever been. “Let's go you chicken” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled a bit. If letting Taeyeon believe that he's a coward is the only way for him to hold her hand, then he would gladly be a coward forever. 

Looking around, Baekhyun noticed that Taeyeon had led him towards a bigger lake. Looking around, he saw a wooden jetty not far from them, the sun disappeared a few minutes ago but the sky above them was still at it's best rosy hue. “This looks better than the first one, isn't it?” Taeyeon asked while walking towards the jetty and stopping when they're at the middle of it to turn her head and look at him. “It is” Baekhyun answered before giving her a small smile. Walking towards the edge, Taeyeon still held his hand.

“You're not afraid anymore?” Taeyeon teased making Baekhyun chuckle as soon as they reached the end. “I still am” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Are you just using that excuse to hold my hand?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun found no words to say, he opened his mouth but then closed it again making Taeyeon chuckle. 

“It's alright” Taeyeon said before tiptoeing and patting his head making Baekhyun chuckle. While doing so, Taeyeon lost her balance making her about to topple at the water, Taeyeon knew she's going to fall right away so she closed her eyes and prepared herself when she felt her arms being pulled back and before she knew it, her hands are already above his shoulder holding tightly at his shirt as if her life depended on it, opening her eyes, Taeyeon gulped when she saw how close their faces were. 

One wrong move, one wrong move and they're going to fall. 

One wrong move and they're going to kiss. 

Think Baekhyun, think. Baekhyun thought when he found himself lost in her gaze. 

“D-Don't.. let.. me.. fall.. please” Taeyeon said as slow as she can, dazed by how close their faces were. Yoona's right, he's really handsome, Taeyeon's inner self said making her flex her jaw. You're not helping, Taeyeon snapped. But he is, look at him. Taeyeon's inner self said and just like that, she found herself lost in his gaze already. 

“Don't move or your really going to fall” Baekhyun said and as much as Taeyeon wanted to nod her head, she knows she can't. Slowly stepping back, Baekhyun pulled Taeyeon fast with him. With the impact, Taeyeon stumbled into his embrace with her face buried on his chest. 

This felt.. nice. Taeyeon thought.

“Wow” She heard Baekhyun said. Confused why, Taeyeon her head from his chest, and looked around only to gasp in awe when she saw that the surrounding fences around the lake and even the ends of the jetty lit up. “It's beautiful” Taeyeon said and was about to pull away from Baekhyun's arms when he felt his arms tighten around her. 

“Let's just stay like this for a while. Please?” 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Calm down ya'll