Chapter 52

Collision of Two Worlds

“Does that mean..” 

“I would be lying if I tell you that I'm not mad, you lied to me Baekhyun but I also would be lying if I stay that I can manage to stay mad at you for a long time. I don't know, I should be mad” Taeyeon chuckled bitterly. “But.. I don't think I can” Taeyeon continued and Baekhyun just stared at her letting her say everything she wanted to say. 

“If you're thinking that I'm afraid of you or if you're thinking that I'm seeing you differently now because you aren't mortal then you're wrong. I'm not afraid and it won't change the way I see you” Taeyeon said and this made Baekhyun smiled genuinely. He felt so happy that even when he lied and hid his real self to Taeyeon, she still accepted him for who he is. 

“I..” Baekhyun trailed thinking of the right words to say, he felt so overwhelmed that tears gathered around his eyes. Truth to be told, he never expected Taeyeon to accept and forgive him just like that, he thought Taeyeon would leave him immediately right when she found out who he really is. 

“Taeyeon.. I..” Baekhyun trailed. “and.. I'm sorry if I told you to stay away from me. I think I just got too surprised” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun immediately shook his head. “No, I already expected you to do that. Truthfully, I didn't expect you to forgive me and accept me anymore because I lied and hid everything to you” Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon sighed. 

“I told you I can never stay mad at you right?” Taeyeon meekly said and Baekhyun nodded his head. Could I just hug her now? Baekhyun thought. “But, about what you said earlier about taking the risk with me..” Baekhyun trailed. “Are.. you really sure about that?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon immediately looked at him. 

“I-I mean..” Baekhyun sighed. “I'm so bad at this” He muttered making Taeyeon smile a little. 

“I just don't want you to regret anything, you know that I'll hold on to you for as long as I can right? And if I say long that would be for the rest of your life” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head not needing to think of it anymore, she knows what she wants, and she knows all the choices she's making. “I choose to get involved with you and I know there's no backing out. So why would I?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Even if you fall for someone else?” Baekhyun countered, his reluctance didn't go unnoticed. 

“Do you think I'm like that?” Taeyeon asked back and Baekhyun shook his head. “I'm just stating what's possible. Taeyeon, this is a big deal for me. If you choose to get involved with me then that means you're taking the risk too and even if we separate, you can't change the fact that you became a part of me and that people who hates me will hate you too” Baekhyun said before looking down. “Call me selfish, but I want to be with you even if it means risking everything” He added. 

“and even if I know that you're going to be at risk, I made a vow to protect you with all my life right?” Baekhyun continued. “I just don't want you to have regrets. I don't do games Taeyeon” 

“I know” Taeyeon answered. “But can I ask you something?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Sure” He answered. 

“Why do you still want to be with me even if you know that there's going to be a risk?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath before answering her. “I can't imagine you being with someone else and I don't want to repeat the same mistake I've done before, I don't want to lose someone I love without doing anything. I don't want to live with regrets anymore” 

Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“For the record, I don't do games too” Taeyeon answered. “Then.. what are we now?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon looked straight into his eyes. “What do you think?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun stared at her, it seemed to be harder than he thought. 

“Can we just stop taking those slow baby steps and can we screw the points?” Baekhyun straightforwardly asked making Taeyeon laugh. “Impatient are we?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun frowned. “I'm serious here” Baekhyun answered. “I'm serious too” Taeyeon said trying to suppress her laughter. 

“Hey” Baekhyun whined and Taeyeon chuckled. Shaking her head, Taeyeon stood up from the sandboz she's sitting at and walked towards Baekhyun. Encircling her arms around his neck, Taeyeon chuckled. “Now what?” Taeyeon asked, her voice muffled by his shoulders. “You're mine now” Baekhyun stated confidently as he s his arms tightly and protectively around her waist. 

“Really?” Taeyeon teased and Baekhyun chuckled. “Yes mine, so no one has the right to talk to you, or get close to you at school or else I will get them expelled” Baekhyun stated with a possessive tone and Taeyeon chuckled. “You're so mean” She said before pulling away causing Baekhyun to frown. “What? I'm just taking care of what's mine” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon laughed. “You” Taeyeon said before pinching his nose. “I need to go home now. I still have class tomorrow” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“Let's go” He said as they intertwined their hands. 

“We're here” Baekhyun said as he stopped the car in front of the building. “Wait here” He said when Taeyeon was about to open the door, watching go out of the car, Taeyeon shook her head when she noticed that Baekhyun went on the other side of the car and opened the door for her. “Do you really have to do that?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun grinned before nodding his head. “Of course” Baekhyun answered before closing the door. 

“Let me walk you up?” Baekhyun offered and Taeyeon shook her head. “It's alright, you don't have to walk me up” Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head. “What about I pick you up before school?” He offered again and Taeyeon chuckled. “Alright but won't you cause commotion at school?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “Nope, they won't” Baekhyun assured. 

“Alright, I'll see you tomorrow” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he watched her walk towards the building. Turning around and was about to leave, Baekhyun heard Taeyeon's voice calling him. 

“Baekhyun” She called. Turning around, Baekhyun stood frozen when Taeyeon kissed him right on his lips. “Thank you” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun still stood frozen there, the kiss felt like hours for him even if it was just a mere two second. “Bye” Taeyeon said and was about to walk away when Baekhyun grabbed her wrist. 

“Yes?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his head. He leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, letting it linger there for a while. 

“I love you” Baekhyun stated softly making Taeyeon smile. 

“I love you too” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *pukes rainbow everywhere*