Chapter 72

Collision of Two Worlds

“A-Are you sure?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “This is what I'm fated to do right? I bet mom and dad even wanted me to be like earlier but didn't have the chance to anymore.. because he.. he killed them” Taeyeon trailed and Heechul can see the anger she has. He understands her though, because if he were in her shoes then he would probably do the same.. or worse. 

“And..” Taeyeon added. “What?” Heechul asked. “You owe me something” Taeyeon said and Heechul raised his brows not getting what the latter meant. “I owe you something? Won't it be the other way around? YOU owe me something” Heechul said and Taeyeon frowned. “You told me you'll go back overseas and now you're here.. isn't that counted?” Taeyeon smartly asked and Heechul sighed in defeat knowing that Taeyeon won't even let him win their argument. 

“Fine, fine. What is it that you want?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon pondered about it for a moment. “I need to ask you to do two things for me” Taeyeon said and Heechul's expresion became impassive. “You just said one” He said and Taeyeon frowned. “Oppa” Taeyeon whined. 

“Alright, alright. You don't need to ask me you know.. you're the heir and we're supposed to follow what the heir wants. Just like a princess” Heechul said and them smirked and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Stop it, I don't like how it sounds” Taeyeon said and Heechul frowned. 

“Why?” He asked. 

I don't even want to exist right now, so why should I even want to be an heir? Taeyeon thought bitterly.

“Nothing, I'm not just used to hearing you being formal like that around me” Taeyeon said and Heechul scoffed. “Yeah, like dogs have wings and they can fly. Better lie to me next time Taeyeon. I know what's inside your mind” Heechul said and Taeyeon frowned. Now she really wished she didn't know Heechul, he can easily read her like a book. 

“Just forget about it” Taeyeon said and Heechul nodded his head. “What is it that you want me to do then?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon took a deep breath finally coming down to a decision. “Bring me to  the tribe.. let me meet the man I'm engaged with” Taeyeon said and Heechul slowly nodded his head telling her to go on. “Teach me how to use.. this” Taeyeon said while raising her hand and Heechul nodded his head. “Sure thing” He answered. 

“Make that wither” Heechul said while pointing at a white flower. “Only one?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul chuckled. “You want to destroy the whole field?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon shook her head. “Do it then” Heechul said and Taeyeon was about to raise her hands when Heechul stopped her from doing so. “What now?” Taeyeon asked. “Use your eyes not your hands.. it's an advantage for you , you know” Heechul said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “You can't wither a flower with your eyes?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul nodded. “Just the hands” He answered. “But you're different, you can snap, you fingers, look at it, point your hand on it. So.. better do the hardest first. Doing those things with your hand's easy already besides it's effortless if you use the eyes” Heechul said then chuckled and Taeyeon elbowed his stomach. “You lazy bum” she muttered. 

Retreating her hand back, Taeyeon stared at the flower and slowly it started to wither. “It works” Heechul said and Taeyeon sighed. “Just like that?” She asked and Heechul nodded his head. “Just like that” He answered. “Can you do it too?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul nodded his head. Lifting his hand and placing in front of another flowers, Heechul closed his hands and the flower stared to wither too. 

“Now do it the other way around” Heechul said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “I thought warlocks are only capable of black magic?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul chuckled. “You sure do read a lot of books” Heechul said. “But you're right” He answered. “We're only capable of doing only black magic but you're different” Heechul said and Taeyeon sighed.”Can I ask you something?” She asked and Heechul shrugged. “You already did” 

“I'm serious” Taeyeon said and Heechul sighed. “Okay, ask” He said. 

“Can you tell me about this whole.. tribe thing?” She asked. “and aren't warlocks supposed to be males only? Why am I even one you of you?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul chuckled. “Good point there” Heechul said.

“The tribe was dominated with male sorcerers that's why. Besides, the tribe doesn't send out women to battle so yeah.. the immortals are only used to calling us warlocks” Heechul explained and Taeyeon sighed, everything was getting too much for her to handle. “What does that make me then?” Taeyeon asked. 

“A witch?” Heechul asked then laughed and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Aren't witches supposed to be old women that have wrinkled skin, pimples, pointy hats, warts on their noses and sometimes long claw-like fingernails?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul chuckled. “You sure read a lot of fairytale books” Heechul said and Taeyeon sighed. “It's nothing like that.. you know.. it's actually a bit of the opposite” Heechul said while pointing at her and Taeyeon pointed at herself while looking at him in confusion. 

“Witches are beautiful” He said while looking at her and Taeyeon sighed, Heechul doesn't compliment her that much and now he's doing it. What should she supposed to feel then? Now, she's thinking that Heechul's just being playful again. “Stop kidding me” She said and Heechul raised his brows. “I'm not.. remember Hyoyeon? Think, is she like the one that you described just now? No, right?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon's eyes went wide. “She's a witch?!” She asked in disbelief and Heechul nodded his head. “That explains those tribal stuffs and voodoo dolls” Taeyeon said and Heechul nodded his head. “Exactly” 

“Say, are you still going to believe that witches are ugly even if you're one?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Do you really think you look THAT bad?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head. “Heck, if I'm not your best friend I would have already dated you but it's a no-no” Heechul said then laughed making Taeyeon laugh too. “That was the first time I heard something like that from you” Taeyeon said and Heechul chuckled. 

“But I'm telling the truth” Heechul said, his voice serious already. “So I don't look bad?” Taeyeon asked again and Heechul nodded his head. 

“No, you're the definition of perfection” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update.. I guess you should all look out for the next chapter. The sender of the flowers will be revealed soon.

Who do you think it will be? *runs away*