Chapter 71

Collision of Two Worlds

“O-Oppa.. H-How did we a-arrive here?” Taeyeon asked and he scratched his nape. “Are you one of them? Are y-you one of those immortals?” Taeyeon asked with a hint of anger in her voice and he immediately shook his head. “What?! No!” He said in disbelief. “Then how did--” 

“Are you.. just.. like me?” Taeyeon slowly trailed and he found no words to say. He's been spying on Taeyeon yes, but he didn't expected her to know the truth. Truthfully, he got alarmed when he found out that Taeyeon was dating an immortal because she's an enemy to the immortal's especially that she's an immortal but knowing that they didn't have any idea at all, he just let it slide but now, it dawned to him that it's not a bad idea after all. 

He's been finding ways to tell Taeyeon who she really, so now that she knew, he's in relief.

“Hello? From earth to Heechul oppa?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul snapped back from reality. “I am..” He answered. “But how.. how did you find out?” He asked and Taeyeon clenched her fist, tears threatening to fall from her eyes again and Heechul panicked.

“The.. guy I'm dating.. he” Taeyeon trailed. “He tried to kill you?” Heechul asked with anger in his voice and Taeyeon immediately shook her head. “No, it's not like that oppa. But.. how did you know that he's..” Taeyeon trailed. 

“I've been keeping an eye on you Taeyeon. Let me explain everything then.. when I found out that you're dating an immortal.. I was.. I was frightened and tried to find ways to look after you and to not let you get hurt but then knowing that those immortals doesn't have any idea who you are yet.. I just.. I just let you date him because I can see how happy you are but then when I saw you earlier.. I knew something was wrong and I knew I had to step up. I'm sorry if I've been keeping this away from you.. I even broke some rules in the tribe just to let you date him you know.. even when I hated seeing you be with the person who..” Heechul trailed.

“Killed my parents” Taeyeon continued sensing the hesitance in his voice. 

“Y-You knew?” He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I accidentally heard him.. talking to..” Taeyeon trailed. 

“Yoona.. I know.. I saw that they recruited her” Heechul said and Taeyeon sighed before nodding her head.  “I guess you really kept an eye on me” Taeyeon said and Heechul smiled a little. “My job” He stated. “I heard.. saying.. that he's the one who killed my parents and I.. I was hurt. I hated him.. he took something precious away from me” Taeyeon said as tears finally spilled out of her eyes and Heechul can't do anything but to sigh and engulf her into a tight hug. 

“Shh, you don't know how much I hated those immortals too” Heechul said and Taeyeon pulled away. “You knew.. he's the one who killed mom and dad?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul nodded his head. “I do.. I tried to tell you but then.. Yoona's accident happened and you tried to kill yourself and I.. I chose not to anymore. I'm afraid you would do something more stupid” Heechul said and Taeyeon glared at him. “You” She said and Heechul chuckled. 

“and then I thought you cared.. thanks for calling me stupid” Taeyeon frowned and Heechul laughed. “I didn't say anything like that” He defended and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “But.. do you hate me for keeping the truth from you?” He asked and Taeyeon pondered about it for a moment before shaking her head. 

“No, you have reasons why” Taeyeon answered. “Don't he?” Heechul asked back and Taeyeon found no words to say. “He's the one who killed mom and dad oppa.. it's different” Taeyeon answered and Heechul sighed. “I'm sorry” He said and Taeyeon forced a smile. “No, it's alright” Taeyeon answered and silence grew upon them. 

“Oppa” Taeyeon called. 

“What is it?” He asked. “What am I going to do now?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul sighed. “I'll look after you” He said with a smile and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. “Oppa” She called again and Heechul looked at her with an impassive face making Taeyeon chuckle. “What?” He asked. “Since you've been keeping an eye on me.. the flowers.. I..” Taeyeon trailed not knowing what to say. 

“You mean the flowers you receive at school?” He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Are you the one who sent those?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul looked at her in disbelief. “What? No” He answered and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Then who?” Taeyeon asked. 

“It's..” Heechul trailed. “The one that's betrothed to you” Heechul stated and Taeyeon's eyes widened in disbelief. “What? Betrothed? Are you crazy?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul shook his head. “No” He answered. “Before your parents died.. they.. they kind of made you engaged to another warlock. They blessed the two of you and said that if you two will unite.. then.. the warlocks.. especially you will gain.. more.. powers” Heechul stated and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. 

“So you mean.. I supposed to marry someone?” She asked and Heechul nodded his head. 

“At the right time” Heechul answered and Taeyeon spaced out. Thoughts filled her mind and felt so overwhelmed by the things that are happening to her. First, Baekhyun being the reason behind her parents' death. Second, her parents being warlocks. Third, her being and heir and lastly her being engaged to someone she doesn't even know yet. 

“Do.. I know him?” Taeyeon asked out of the blue and Heechul shook his head. “No.. but he knows about you” He said and Taeyeon sighed. There's no going back now, Taeyeon thought. It's not like she can still go back, she thought again. Hatred filled her heart, and knows she's not the same Taeyeon anymore. 

The Taeyeon she knew once died. Taeyeon she knew before is gone now.

“I want to meet him” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm anticipating for the next chapter.. urgh seriously.. I felt like a reader here T.T