Chapter 27

Collision of Two Worlds

“So what’s the result?” Sunny asked the doctor as soon as he went out of Taeyeon’s room. Hearing this, Baekhyun immediately got up from his seat and walked towards them. “I’m sorry to say this but the patient has a dissociative amnesia” The doctor said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows.

“What exactly is that?” Baekhyun asked.

“Dissociative amnesia is one of a group of conditions called dissociative disorders. Dissociative disorders are mental illnesses that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, consciousness, awareness, identity, and perception.” The doctor stated then paused before starting to talk again.  “It occurs when a person blocks out certain information, usually associated with a stressful or traumatic event, leaving her unable to remember important personal information. With this disorder, the degree of memory loss goes beyond normal forgetfulness and includes gaps in memory for long periods of time or of memories involving the traumatic event.” The doctor continued and Baekhyun clenched his fist.

“So you mean she won’t remember anything about the accident that had happened to her sister?” Baekhyun asked and Sunny only watched him keeping an eye is something changes in him. “It’s not that she completely forgot everything about the accident. The memories still exist but are deeply buried within her mind and cannot be recalled. However, the memories might resurface on their own or after being triggered by something in her surroundings.” The doctor stated causing the two to sigh in relief.

“I suggest that you should go with her through this. Contact her parents too, she would also have anxiety attacks from time to time” The doctor said and the two nodded their heads. Excusing himself, the doctor left Sunny and Baekhyun alone.

“Thanks for following her home Sunny, Taeyeon wouldn’t be here without you” Baekhyun said and Sunny shook her head. “I noticed that she’s out of it back at school that’s why I followed her. But please don’t bring her troubles anymore, just stay out of it” Sunny said and Baekhyun raised his brows.

“What?” He asked.

“What I’m saying is, Taeyeon had enough trauma here. Don’t you want to keep her away from your enemies?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun kept silent, Sunny’s right, Taeyeon can’t be involved with his already messy life. But what about everything he feels for her then? Wasn’t it just because Taeyeon looked like someone he used to adore so much from the past?

“Listen, I’m not against you liking her” Sunny said and Baekhyun immediately turned his eyes on her. “Wait what?” Baekhyun asked and Sunny shrugged. “I know what you feel for her Baekhyun. I can clearly see it” Sunny said and Baekhyun sighed in defeat. So he really likes her then?

“But, if anything happens to her. Or if she finds out the truth about you and refuses to be with you again you know what you have to do right?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun looked away. “I know, it’s our job to protect humans but if one of them finds out, you know what we always do right? We kill them” Sunny said and Baekhyun clenched his fist.

He knows, how many friends have he killed the past few years just because they found out about his secret and threatened him? How many people? Hundreds? He lost couny of them already.

“But what if it’s the opposite?” Baekhyun asked. “What if she accepts me?” Baekhyun added and Sunny shrugged her shoulders. “Would she?” Sunny asked and that made Baekhyun caught off guard. Would she?

“What if she does?” Baekhyun asked more firm this time and Sunny raise her brows upon his persistent. “Look, I’m not against everything here. There’s no such rule against us dating humans right but you have to do your job if she finds out and won’t accept you anymore” Sunny said before taking a few steps back wanting to leave already.

“But what if I can’t?” Baekhyun asked and Sunny frowned.

“Then I’ll be the one to do what you have to” Sunny said and Baekhyun took a step forward upon his anger ready to do whatever he can do to her but no, he chose to stop himself and close his eyes.

“I won’t let you” Baekhyun said with his eyes closed.

“Oh trust me. I will” Sunny said and when he opened his eyes. Sunny isn’t there anymore. Clenching his fist, Baekhyun lifted it up and was about to hit the nearby wall when he felt a hand holding his wrist. “I will charge you bigger if you break that wall” He heard a voice said and turning around he saw Suho standing behind him with a frown on his face.

“Sorry” Baekhyun said and Suho shook his head. “Angry are we?” Suho asked calmly and Baekhyun looked down. “Sorry hyung” Baekhyun said and Suho patted Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Is the patient inside there your friend?” Suho asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Friends with a human now are we?” Suho asked before putting his hands inside the hospital coat he’s wearing. “It’s not like that” Baekhyun defended and Suho chuckled. “She looks like her” Suho suddenly said causing Baekhyun to look at him and raise his brows.

“Is that the reason why you befriended her?” Suho asked and Baekhyun kept mum. “I see” added Suho.

“I heard she has a dissociative amnesia right?” Suho asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “She lost her sister, she had a bit of a trauma” Baekhyun said and Suho nodded his head. “I wish I can help but I’m her doctor so let’s just leave it to her doctor. She’ll be fine, but for now why don’t you go back home and rest? Or maybe check if something changed” Suho said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“I’ll do that”

“So, will she able to go to school tomorrow?” Boa asked as soon as she settled herself on the seat next to Sunny. “I don’t think so, she’s a bit out of it when she came to school. I think she have to rest for a few days” Sunny said before sipping her coffee and Boa raised her brows.

“What about her parents then?” Boa asked. “We decided not to call them, Taeyeon’s forgot everything about her sister’s accident. The doctor said it was dissociative amnesia” Sunny said and Boa frowned. “Poor girl, what about Baekhyun then?” Boa asked and Sunny shrugged her shoulders.

“He cares about her way too much” Sunny said making Boa chuckle. “You know why he does” Boa said and Sunny shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. “I’m not against them. I just want to let him know that if Taeyeon finds out what we are, then he should do his job” Sunny said before turning her head towards Boa.

“I did right. Right?” Sunny asked and Boa nodded her head. “Except for the threatening part” Boa said followed by a chuckled causing Sunny to roll her eyes in annoyance. “I just don’t want to risk anything” Sunny said and Boa nodded her head.

“But it’s his decision now and if anything goes out of hand, then it’s his fault. Not ours”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm so getting frustrated T.T