Chapter 55

Collision of Two Worlds

“Y-Yoona” Taeyeon weakly trailed when she saw her sister standing right in front of her, she felt her knees getting weak, she felt like the air inside her lungs are out of her, she felt like her brain stopped working and that her heart suddenly dropped. She was too surprised, too surprised that unconsciously, tears rolled out of her eyes. 

“Hi” Yoona greeted cheerfully but then frowned when Taeyeon started sobbing. It felt surreal to her, Yoona's dead, Yoona's gone that's what her mind has been telling her but seeing her sister standing in front of her with a smile on her face made Taeyeon think that it's just another hallucination, another break down she's facing because of her sister's death. 

“What's wrong?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon finally broke down, managing to catch her, Baekhyun grabbed Taeyeon's arm and turned her towards him. He held the back of her head as he other arm was supporting Taeyeon's back. She's crying and he clearly knows the reason why, Taeyeon's not fine, not when she saw her dead sister standing in front of her again. 

Alive. 

Breathing. 

Real. 

Taeyeon buried her face in his chest, she can't think straight, she can't breathe properly. She kept telling herself that it was just because she misses her sister's presence but no, the voice, the face everything she saw earlier was real. 

“Hey, don't cry. I..” Baekhyun trailed and Taeyeon finally realized everything. “You..” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed. “Can you assure me that I can leave you and your sister alone? Or.. do you want me to stay here?” Baekhyun asked, worry filling up the tone of his voice and Taeyeon looked down, pondering about it. 

“Stay.. please?” Taeyeon stated, her eyes pleading him. “Alright” He answered softly before letting go of her. Bracing herself, Taeyeon turned and saw her sister having a frown on her face the one that she knows Yoona does whenever she's disappointed. “Y-Yoona” Taeyeon said and that broke the line between them, hearing Taeyeon calling her name again, Yoona ran and gave her sister a hug. A tight one that is.

“I miss you” Yoona said while hugging her sister tightly, Taeyeon on the other hand let everything sink into her as she held on to her sister. “I.. I missed you too” Taeyeon said and Yoona pulled away before wiping Taeyeon's tears away with a smile. “Hey, stop crying. I felt like you're not happy to see me” Yoona said with a pout making Taeyeon chuckle, she sighed, her mind still processing everything. 

“I am.. I was just..” Taeyeon trailed trying to find that words that will fit the feelings she has now. 

“Shocked. I know” Yoona answered and Taeyeon nodded her head before glancing at Baekhyun who's watching them a few steps away. “How.. did this happen? I thought you were in that bus? Why are you here? How? The bracelet? You.. who's the one we saw?” Taeyeon bombarded her sister with questions and Yoona exhaled deeply before glancing at Baekhyun and seeing him give her a nod, Yoona weakly smiled. 

“It's because of Baekhyun, I was there at the bus when it fell down on the cliff but before it exploded someone saved me and when I woke up I was here. They took me here” Yoona answered and Taeyeon glanced at Baekhyun giving him a questioning look. “Someone pulled her out before the fire inside the bus ignited. She's unconscious for days, slipping in and out of life so I.. decided to..” Baekhyun trailed trying to find the right words to say. 

“In order to save me he turned me into one of them” Yoona answered and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “So you.. so you're immortal now?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona nodded. “They said it was the only way for me to live and since my heart's getting weaker and weaker, they did it as soon as my heart can still take the shock of the tranation” Yoona stated and Taeyeon looked down and furrowed her brows trying to process everything she just heard from the two. 

“Why.. did you hid it from me? You could have told me that you're alive” Taeyeon said while looking back and forth to Baekhyun and Yoona. “We can't” Baekhyun answered. “I wanted to tell you but not until everything dies down from the accident” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon gave him a confused look. 

“We avoided anyone suspecting that someone got out as soon as the bus fell off the cliff. We're trying to keep Yoona safe” Baekhyun answered and Yoona nodded her head agreeing with him. “They made you believe that I was dead so no one would suspect anything. Even mom and dad” Yoona answered. 

“and.. adding to that I didn't liked it when I found out that you cut your wrist” Yoona said with a frown and that, Taeyeon knew, was the frown she does when she's angry. “I.. I thought you were dead” Taeyeon answered, tears gathering around her eyes again and Yoona's gaze softened feeling guilt about not telling Taeyeon that she's alive earlier, because maybe if she does, Taeyeon wouldn't have cut her wrist.

What would happen if Taeyeon dies and she's the one alive? No, she can't imagine that. 

“I know, I'm sorry if it took so long for me to come back. I need to adjust with this new self first, I didn't know being one of them is quite hard” Yoona said and Taeyeon sighed. “You're not mad that we hid it from you right?” Yoona asked cautiously. “But what about the bracelet you gave me? It was--” 

“Someone has the same as mine and coincidentally, she happened to be a passenger there too. I think I feel like thanking myself of not getting it customized but thinking about it, I feel bad for making you, mom and dad miserable” Yoona answered and Taeyeon sighed. “I guess I cried for nothing. Mom and dad too” Taeyeon answered and Yoona chuckled. “Hey, you're mean” Yoona said trying to smile and Taeyeon weakly smiled. “But I'm glad you're back” Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head with a smile. “Thank him” Yoona said while pointing at Baekhyun. 

“He's so worked up about keeping me alive that Sunny wanted to skin him alive for being such a paranoid” Yoona said with a chuckle and Baekhyun gave her a look of disbelief. “Thanks Yoona, thanks” Baekhyun said with sarcasm and Yoona laughed. “What? It's the truth” Yoona answered.

Baekhyun sighed and Taeyeon held his hand. “Thank you” Taeyeon said with sincerity and Baekhyun smiled before shaking his head. “I'm more than glad to take your sister back for you but I'm sorry if I surprised you too much” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. “No, it's alright. Thanks for taking her back for me” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I'm more than glad to do anything for you” He answered and Taeyeon kissed his cheek only to hear Yoona pretending to gag.

“Too much PDA” Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled. “I'm just gone for quite a short while and you already found someone else” Yoona said faking hurt and Taeyeon shook her head before letting go of Baekhyun's hand and hugging her sister. 

“No, you're still my sister” Taeyeon answered and Yoona patted her back. “I know, but as much as I want to hug you a bit more, let's just catch up later since you have to know the others as well” Yoona answered and Taeyeon pulled away before giving her sister questioning look. “Others?” She asked.

“I told you that I brought you here to know me more right?” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon turned her head to look at him before nodding her head. 

“Then you're going to meet those who are a part of me” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~!