Chapter 29

Collision of Two Worlds

“When will be discharged?” Taeyeon asked after wiping her tears away, shaking his head Baekhyun frowned when he notice how she is having a hard time there, he wanted to help her yes but he knows he can’t do anything but to just watch and help her if she needs someone to lean on. “I need to go back to school, I can’t fail” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed.

“Don’t worry about it for now. Your homeroom teacher knows what happened to you and you’re going to be excused for a few days, they all understand” Baekhyun said trying to comfort her in any way he can and Taeyeon nodded her head making him sigh in relief. “But please..” Taeyeon trailed causing Baekhyun to raise his brows while looking at her questioningly.

“Please don’t interfere with my school business. I know you’re known there, you have power but I don’t want you using it just because I’m stuck here and not able to go” Taeyeon said while looking at him with a frown and Baekhyun can’t do but to nod his head. If she doesn’t want him to interfere with her school, then he won’t.

“I won’t but don’t worry about it for now and if it makes you feel better I didn’t do anything. They’re the ones who made the decision to excuse you from all your classes, they have a valid reason and I’m out of it” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“Thank you” Taeyeon sincerely said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Can you please just leave me alone for now then? It’s not like I don’t like you around but I feel like I need some time alone for myself” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun reluctantly nodded his head before giving him a small smile.

“If anything wrong happens, you know you can always call me right?” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head before giving him a smile. “Thank you” She said and Baekhyun shook his head before heading out.

Hearing the door close, Taeyeon slumped herself over the bed and sighed while looking at the white ceiling. Thinking about everything Baekhyun had told her, Taeyeon can help but to cry. Even if everything is still a blur to her, something deep inside of her kept aching and she knows that it’s her heart, she knows that it aches because deep inside of her were the memories buried at the bottom. She felt like hating herself, but she knows Yoona wouldn’t want that. She knows wherever her sister is, Yoona’s probably, no, definitely watching her.

Closing her eyes, flashbacks of memories kept playing inside her head and unconsciously, tears flowed at the side of her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. She felt so helpless, but maybe it’s really fate that made her not go with Yoona that day.

She could have gone right? But what made her stay? Taeyeon thought trying her best to remember everything that had happened but no, she failed because all she got was blurred memories.

What’s more important than her sister? She asked. But one thing’s for sure, if she knew what will happen to her sister, then she would have gone with her or she would have stopped Yoona from going instead. She already lost her parents and now Yoona? What more would could she lose if she already lost her everything? Her parents, her sister, everything.

She felt like she doesn’t have a reason to live anymore but the moment she had come to think of that, Baekhyun’s image suddenly appeared causing her to open her eyes. Furrowing her brows, Taeyeon clenched her chest when she felt her heart beating rapidly.

Why? Taeyeon thought.

“I shouldn’t be thinking of him now” Taeyeon told herself before turning her attention towards the glass vase placed above the bedside table near her, reaching it, Taeyeon slowly pushed the vase towards the edge.

There’s no reason for me to live anyway, my parents are gone, Yoona’s gone. Taeyeon thought.

It’s better if I’ll be with them too.

“She asked you to leave?” Suho asked when he saw Baekhyun sitting at a chair at the hospital cafeteria while staring into nothing with his elbows resting above the table supporting his chin. Lifting his head up, Baekhyun weakly nodded his head before giving Suho a small smile. “She said she wants to be alone, I think she just wants to think about everything that had happened to her” Baekhyun said and Suho nodded his head understanding it.

“I had a conversation with her earlier, she said she wants to see her doctor to ask him why she’s here at the hospital” Suho stated and Baekhyun sighed. “I already told her, there’s no need for her to ask her doctor anymore” Baekhyun said and Suho looked at him questioningly, his eyes getting worried.

“You told her everything she forgot?” Suho asked in confirmation and Baekhyun nodded his head. “She deserves to know and I know she will hate me if I will hide it from her, it’s better if I tell her now than later. She might hate me for keeping things away from her, moreover it’s her memories” Baekhyun said and Suho frowned before shaking his head.

“What if she will have another breakdown again? Didn’t you think of it in the first place and consider that she’s too vulnerable?” Suho asked and Baekhyun’s eyes widened finally realizing what he did. “What if—“

“Doctor Kim!” A nurse called Suho making him stop finishing his sentence. “What is it?” Suho asked immediately standing up from his seat. “Patient at room 135’s trying to do a suicide attempt” The nurse said in a hurry and even before Suho can react Baekhyun already dashed towards the room.

Taeyeon’s room.

“No please no” Baekhyun said as he ran faster towards Taeyeon’s room, he doesn’t know what will he do if something bad happens to her, he’s supposed to make sure she’s safe, not being her in danger. “Get the tranquilizer for me!” Baekhyun heard Suho said and before he can even step inside Taeyeon’s room, Suho already pulled him away. “Hyung—“

“No, stay here” Suho sternly said while looking straight into Baekhyun’s eyes and Baekhyun can’t do anything but to nod his head. Watching the door as it slammed closed, Baekhyun closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

He scolded himself. He’s more than ready to hit the nearby wall but Baekhyun stopped when he realized what he is about to do, retreating his hand back, Baekhyun saw his reflection at a nearby glass and groaned when he saw his eyes. Letting out a grunt, Baekhyun took a seat on the nearby bench and covered his face with both of his hands.

This shouldn’t be happening, he thought.

Taeyeon, please be safe.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday, I went home late from a dance practice last night so yeah, I decided not to update anymore. Thanks for waiting though, here's the update :)