Chapter 67

Collision of Two Worlds

“No” Baekhyun retorted. “I will never lay a hand or her.. worse.. kill her” He added and Leeteuk sighed. 

“But what if she kills YOU instead?” Leeteuk asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “I don't think she'll do that. She loves me as much as I do to her”  Baekhyun answered firmly and Leeteuk sighed. “But.. you know that we can't always trust humans right?” Yuri asked hesitantly and Baekhyun turned his head towards her. 

“Why can't you just let me make my choice?!” He shouted causing everyone to flinch. “Because it's the legion's sake” Kai answered and Baekhyun yanked their hands off of him. “It's HER sake! She's innocent!” Baekhyun snapped and everyone shook their heads, aside from Yoona, of course. 

“Would you let me kill your sister?” Baekhyun suddenly asked Yoona who seemed to be drowned in her thoughts. “W-What?” Yoona asked not catching what Baekhyun meant. “Would you let me kill your sister?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona slowly shook her head. 

“No” she firmly stated. “Of course not” She added. 

“But this is absurd!” Leeteuk retorted. “I'm not going to take her life away” Baekhyun answered. 

“It will be much better if she takes mine and not the other way around” Baekhyun added before turning his back from them. “Let's go see your sister Yoona” Baekhyun said and Yoona reluctantly nodded her head but nonetheless followed Baekhyun outside the house. 

Walking their way out of the village, Yoona fastened her pace trying to catch up to Baekhyun. 

“What do you think will they do to Taeyeon?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “They won't touch her, not unless I ask them to do so and that will never happen” Baekhyun answered and Yoona sighed. “I hate this” she muttered and Baekhyun exhaled deeply. 

“I hate this too but we should find a way to take her away from the enemies and.. those immortals” Baekhyun said and Yoona glanced at him. “What if she's really a threat to you? What will you do?” Yoona suddenly asked out of nowhere and Baekhyun flexed his jaw upon hearing the question from the latter. 

“You know what my answer is.. it will be much better if she takes mine instead” Baekhyun said and Yoona sighed. “She won't do that” Yoona said confidently and Baekhyun nodded his head, he weakly smiled. “I know she won't” He answered. 

“But where will we take her?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun stopped walking. “I know a place” He answered before resuming back to walking again. “Come with me, let's take her away from here” Baekhyun answered and Yoona nodded her head.

“Wait” She said before they can take another step. 

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona pondered about what she wants to ask him before saying it. Finally getting into her final decision, Yoona took a deep breath as she turned her gaze on him. “Are you the one who killed her parents and set it up as a car accident?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun clenched his fist before slowly nodding his head. “You can hate me” He said and Yoona sighed. 

“As much as I want to hate you, you already did it. What's left for you now is not to let Taeyeon get killed” Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I won't make the same mistake twice. Let's go to her now” Baekhyun said as he walked away and Yoona nodded her head as she trailed behind him. 

 

“What.. are the two of you doing here?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief as soon as she saw Baekhyun and Yoona waiting for her at the back of the school. “We need to go somewhere..” Yoona answered as she lowered the cap she's wearing when some students passed by.

“Somewhere? Can't we just go there later.. I still have classes” Taeyeon said and Yoona shook her head. “No, we need to go now” Yoona said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows not getting why her sister and Baekhyun wants her to leave Iris immediately. 

“Why?” Taeyeon asked. “You're in danger” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon opened trying to say something when Yoona cut her off. “and when he says in danger, you're really in danger” Yoona said, her voice serious. “We need to go away from here.. I'm sorry this happened” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed. “There's nothing I can do right?” Taeyeon said and the two nodded their heads. 

“Then let's go” Taeyeon resigned and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I'll go back to our place first. I'll pack some clothes for Taeyeon” Yoona said and Taeyeon gave her sister a questioning look. “You need to be gone for a few days.. sorry” Yoona said apologetically and Taeyeon sighed before nodding her head. 

“Just don't get risk getting followed.. I'll message you the place” Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded her head. Separating ways, Baekhyun took Taeyeon's hand and dragged her out of the school premises. “Care to tell me what's really going on?” Taeyeon asked while they were walking towards the school gates. 

I can't tell her the truth, I can't. Baekhyun thought. 

“There's big threat.. it includes you and me and the other immortals. I need to keep you safe first” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Is it from your enemies?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Something like that” He answered but never dared to look right into her eyes. 

“Is it about the heir?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun immediately stopped walking, he felt like crying out of frustration but he can't show Taeyeon that she's tearing him up. He can't tell her that she's the reason why he's going crazy, he can't tell her that he's supposed, no, fated to kill her and most of all he can't tell her that he's the one behind everything that had happened to Taeyeon. 

He can't tell her that he killed her parents. 
“Yeah..” Baekhyun answered meekly. “Are you going to kill the heir now that's why you're hiding me?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun sighed. Taeyeon's questions are tearing him up, she doesn't even know that she's the one Baekhyun's fated to kill so how is he going to kill her? How is he going to kill the one he loves the most? How can he kill the person that made him feel what life really is?

I can't kill you, he thought. 

“No..” 

I will never kill you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *cries a river* I was thinking what I should do with this story too. 

It's hard for me you know *runs away and hides* I don't want Taeyeon to die too *hides again*