Chapter 34

Collision of Two Worlds

“But sir..” Baekhyun trailed trying to find the right words to say, he doesn’t know and he doesn’t understand why Taeyeon’s father is acting that way but he doesn’t like it. Yes, he knows he has to respect the man but to stop seeing Taeyeon?

He thinks that’s too much.

“I know what I’m asking you is too much but Taeyeon needs some time alone for herself and for us. I don’t think that it’s right for you to see her because from the way I see it you’re not doing it as just her friend, I don’t want my daughter to get bothered by you anymore. She’s already gone through enough and you meddling with her life is the last thing I want to happen” Mr. Im said firmly and Baekhyun flexed his jaw. Why? Why does it have to happen to him?

“Sir, I’ve never done anything—“

“I know, but Taeyeon can’t see you anymore and that’s final. It’ll be her choice to see you again if she wants, but for the meantime, I’ll be the one to make the choices for her. Please understand that I’m doing this because I don’t want my daughter to have something here that will keep her from coming back home” Mr. Im said and just like that, he left Baekhyun standing outside the hospital drowned in his own thoughts.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun walked towards his car and got in not forgetting to slam the door close.

 

“Dad” Taeyeon said as soon as she saw her father walk inside the hospital room. “Oh, you’re awake” Mr. Im said and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. “Have you bought all of Taeyeon’s medicines?” Mrs. Im asked approaching her husband and Mr. Im nodded his head. “Yes, I did and Taeyeon..” Mr. Im called.

“What is it dad?” Taeyeon asked. “I saw your friend outside the hospital” Mr. Im said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Who?” Taeyeon asked not knowing who the person her dad is talking about. “That guy that accompanied you back home?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “What about him? Why is he outside?” Taeyeon asked in confusion.

“I think he wanted to visit you but I talked to him” Mr. Im said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Talked about what?” Taeyeon asked. “I asked him if he can stop seeing you for a while so you can have some time for yourself and for us” Mr. Im said and Taeyeon nodded her head understanding what her father meant.

“I’m sorry if I made your friend stay away from you Taeyeon” Mr. Im apologized and Taeyeon smiled a little before shaking her head. “It’s alright dad, I’m thinking about doing it too anyways. But thanks for doing it for me” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im nodded his head and walked towards Taeyeon before engulfing her into a tight hug.

“No hard feelings?” Mr. Im asked after pulling away and Taeyeon shook her head. “Nope” Taeyeon answered and Mr. Im nodded his head. “Don’t worry, it’s not like I asked him to stay away from you for the rest of his life” Mr. Im said and Taeyeon chuckled. “It’s alright dad, really” Taeyeon answered in assurance.

“I understand why you did that and I thank you for doing it for me. Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him as soon as whole week off ends” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im raised his brows not catching what her daughter meant. “Whole week off?” Mr. Im asked. “I was planning to take a whole week off the school dad so I can rest, and stay back home. Fix everything before going back to Iris and starting anew” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im nodded his head. “You’re not angry right?” Taeyeon asked and Mr. Im smiled before shaking his head.

“Of course not, I’m just a bit surprised because you chose to still go back here than stay back at home and continue your studies there” Mr. Im said. “I just don’t want to put Yoona’s effort in going to Iris a waste, I know she’s not serious about entering that academy but if it’s not because of her then I wouldn’t be there. We wouldn’t be there. Don’t worry dad, I’ll go back home as soon as the school ends” Taeyeon said in assurance and Mr. Im smiled before nodding his head. “Alright, you say so but let’s make the best out of the whole week alright?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“Sure dad”

 

“Calm down, you’re not supposed to be like that” Kai said stopping Baekhyun from destroying things any further. “Let me just vent it out” Baekhyun said as he clenched his fist and slammed it hard against the cold wall. Breathing heavily, Baekhyun clenched his fist and continued to slam his hand repeatedly against the wall and Kai can’t do anything but to watch him, it’s his house after all.

“If your house goes down then I won’t wonder why anymore, that poor wall’s about to break. I can see it” Kai said and Baekhyun stopped what he’s doing and looked at the punches he made against the wall. Kai’s right, it’s already cracking up it big pieces. “I just don’t know what I will do if I don’t vent this all out of me” Baekhyun said and Kai nodded his head. “I know, but try to calm down than hitting that poor wall. You can’t always find one whenever you get angry right? Try to control yourself” Kai reminded and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Kangta hyung wants to tell you something” Baekhyun said out of nowhere causing Kai to raise his brows. “What is it?” Kai asked. “Remember that it’s only me and Kangta hyung that’s only left in our royal bloodline right?” Baekhyun asked and Kai nodded his head. “I know” He answered.

“He told me that I’m in danger and that the enemies will attack the legion especially now that we’re having problem. Please stand on guard. Please remind the others to stand on guard too” Baekhyun said and Kai nodded. “Should I ask each faction leader of the legion too?” Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

“I’ll be the one to do that, but for now, you have to be careful” Baekhyun reminded and Kai nodded his head. “Is there going to be a war?” Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “I don’t think so, but the enemies are planning on an attack. We won’t declare war, you know it would affect humans” Baekhyun answered and Kai let out a deep breath before nodding his head. “What about you? You’re supposed to have guards around you right? They killed the other leader, they have the power to kill you too” Kai said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“I know and I’m ready” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~