Chapter 25

Collision of Two Worlds

“Are you sure that you’re going to go back? You know that you can always give the academy an excuse letter right? They will let you off a week” Mrs. Im convinced her daughter for the last time but seeing how firm Taeyeon is with her decision, she knows that there’s only little to no chance of her staying.

“It’s alright mom, it’s going to be hard to catch up if I leave for a week” Taeyeon said with a small smile. “I just don’t want you to be there alone” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon weakly shook her head before taking her mom’s hand and holding it tight.

“I know, but I have to get used to this life now mom. I’ll be fine”

I will try.

“It seems like I really can’t stop you from going. Take care of yourself alright? Call us if you need something, you can always come home if it gets hard” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon nodded her head before reluctantly letting go of her mother’s hand.

“Thank you mom, for everything” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im patted Taeyeon’s cheek softly. “Just promise us to be safe at all times” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon let out a deep breath before nodding her head.

“I will mom”

Did she come home? No. Taeyeon ended up at the nearby inn. No, it’s not like she’s running away but she’s afraid of coming back home, with no one to greet her, with no one to accompany her, with no one to talk to her, with no one to bug her.

She hates it. She hates the fact that she lost someone precious to her again.

Walking towards the balcony, Taeyeon roamed her eyes around the place. It was a good view and she’s sure that if Yoona’s there with her, she’s going to like it just like what she does now but it’s not the reality she’s facing now, her sister’s gone.

Yoona’s gone.

Tomorrow, she’s going back to Iris. Would she be able to pull everything through without Yoona? She’s frustrated, completely frustrated but she knows she can’t do anything. Turning back inside, Taeyeon grabbed the remote control lying on the bed and turned the television on.

News.

She closed it and grabbed the newspaper lying nearby. She looked at it and saw that it’s still the same as what the television shows, letting out a frustrated sigh, Taeyeon threw the newspaper away and decided to turn the television again.

Today, the second day of the tragedy of the Galaxy Bus Lines Inc., ten bodies were retrieved from the place. The crime investigators are still taking their time identifying the bodies. Coming from one of the statements from the officers of the field, Mr. Cha, head of the search and rescue team stated.

“It will be hard to identify the bodies at this rate, it was burnt because of the explosion that happened”

Explosion? Taeyeon thought.

“There’s an explosion?” She heard from the sound of the television.

“Yes, the bus, while rolling down the cliff exploded” The man named Mr. Cha said and while interviewing him, the video now turned into a clip showing what had happened earlier before the said interview, Taeyeon furrowed her brows and looked closely.

Two men, carrying a stretcher appeared and Taeyeon knew it was one of the victims. She just stared at the white clothing covering the victim’s body and felt tears b, she can’t imagine her sister being there.

About to turn off the television, Taeyeon held the controller up but then stopped when the next scene showed up. The victim’s hand dropped on the side of the stretcher as it lifelessly swayed back and forth, it wasn’t just that.

The silver thing that was on the victim’s wrist was so familiar to Taeyeon that she dropped the controller on the floor.

“Taeyeon-ah!”

She can hear Yoona’s chirpy voice calling her.

“What is it?” She asked but instead of replying, Yoona held out a small purple box in front of Taeyeon and beamed a cheeky grin. “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you” Yoona sang and handed Taeyeon the purple box.

“What is this?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“A birthday gift, open it” Yoona said and Taeyeon opened it and smiled when the box revealed a silver bracelet. She smiled in awe and heard Yoona say, “Sorry, I’m not able to get it customized since I was busy at school”

Looking up, Taeyeon pushed herself from her seat and gave her sister a hug, a tight one that is.

“What are you saying? It’s beautiful and thanks for the effort buying this” Taeyeon said with a happy tone.  Removing the bracelet from the box, Taeyeon wore it and gave her sister a bright smile showing the latter that she appreciated it.

“I got myself one too, it’s the same!” Yoona proudly said and Taeyeon chuckled. “Thanks Yoong” Taeyeon said and Yoona smiled warmly before shaking her head. “That’s what sisters are for besides it’s your birthday so you owe me some lunch and maybe dinner” Yoona said with a sly smile causing Taeyeon to shake her head.

“Alright, my treat” Taeyeon announced and Yoona’s face lit up. “Really? Even the midnight snack?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon raised her brows, her smile turning into a mischievous smile. “Should we sneak out later?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona grinned like a Cheshire cat.

“Call!”

She can’t move, it’s Yoona. It’s her sister.

“Y-Yoona..” Taeyeon said before closing her eyes and ended up crying again. She felt drained already, she felt like she’s running out of tears already but it’s the only way for her to vent all those out, because she knows that if she doesn’t she will surely and completely go crazy.

“Taeyeon-ah” Yoona’s voice rang through her ears as soon as she settled inside the classroom. No one was there yet, not even a sign of a single person, silence, emptiness. Just like her heart.

“Taeyeon”

It was real this time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Poor Taengoo T.T