Chapter 47

Collision of Two Worlds

“We're here” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked around and saw a big ark. 'Butterfly Garden', it said. Hearing the car door open, Taeyeon looked up only to see Baekhyun standing outside with a smile on his face. “Let's go” He said while offering his hand, taking it, Taeyeon stepped out of the car and together, they walked towards the gates with their hands intertwined. 

None of them minded it though. 

Entering the gates, Baekhyun gave the clerk their tickets. “How'd you find this place?” Taeyeon asked knowing that it was quite far from their place already. “Oh, I have my ways” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon shook her head. “Let's see what's inside” Baekhyun said and before Taeyeon can reply, he already took her deeper into the garden of flower with, of course, their hands intertwined. 

“Look!” Taeyeon said like a kid pointing at a butterfly that landed on a flower near her. “Go touch it” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon shook her head. “Why?” Baekhyun asked, trying to suppress the urge to smile widely upon seeing her happy. “Look, it's pollinating. Let's not bother it” Taeyeon said pushing him further away from the butterfly making Baekhyun laugh. “What?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his hand his free hand covering his mouth with the back of it. “Nothing” He said but another chuckle escaped making Taeyeon glare at him. 

“Alright, you sounded like.. you sounded like a mad scientist watching the butterfly pollinate” Baekhyun said then laughed again causing Taeyeon to roll her eyes. “You” Taeyeon said before letting go of their intertwined hands and pinching his cheeks hardly making him wince. “Ouch, ouch, ouch. Let go please, ouch” Baekhyun said while faking hurt and Taeyeon let go of his reddened cheeks before sticking her tongue out. “Serves you right” Taeyeon huffed before walking away leaving him alone. 

Shaking his head, Baekhyun scratched his nape and trailed after her. 

“Wait for me” Baekhyun said but Taeyeon turned to him and shook her head. Seeing an empty bench nearby, Taeyeon ran towards it making Baekhyun frown as he chased after her thinking that Taeyeon ran away. “Hey--” Baekhyun said and was about to scold her when he saw Taeyeon sitting at a bench with a smile on her face. “I ran to save this seat. Here” Taeyeon said while patting the empty space beside her making Baekhyun smile. 

“Look” Taeyeon said while pointing at a butterfly that rested on her hand. “Shoo” Baekhyun said while shooing the butterfly away causing Taeyeon to hit his arm. “What was that for?” Baekhyun asked while rubbing the spot where Taeyeon hit. “You shooed it away” Taeyeon said with a frown making Baekhyun laugh. “That butterfly's not allowed to touch you” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “What?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun grinned. “You're mine. No one touches you” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon snickered. “Me huh?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head only to wince again when Taeyeon pinched his cheeks for the second time. 

“Stop it.. ouch” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon let go of his cheeks. “I didn't know you're this bru--” 

“What?” Taeyeon asked while raising her brows making Baekhyun to gulp. 

“But I still like you” He said with a smile and Taeyeon stood up making him sigh. Of course, he told himself Taeyeon wouldn't say she likes him back and he's more than willing to wait until the day she can say she likes him back, in the way he likes her. “What's happening there?” Taeyeon asked while pointing at a line of people nearby. “I don't know, let's check it out?” Baekhyun asked and was about to go there when he felt a hand on his wrist. 

“Does it hurt?” Taeyeon asked worriedly making Baekhyun raise his brows. “What?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon pointed at his cheek. “Oh this..” Baekhyun said. “It's red” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled a little. “It doesn't hurt. Don't worry” Baekhyun said and was about to walk again when Taeyeon grabbed his wrist again. “Is something wrong?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head before smiling.

“Then?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled. “Let's not check it out. Let's just sit here” Taeyeon said before sitting back on the bench and Baekhyun nodded his head. Sitting beside her, Baekhyun felt a weight on his shoulder and noticed Taeyeon resting her head on it making him smile. Stealthily, Baekhyun lifted his right arm up and wrapped it around Taeyeon's shoulder.

And they just sat there, with the comfortable silence wrapping around them. 

He heard her sigh. “Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked while looking down on her and Taeyeon shook her head. “Tell me if there is alright? I'm always here” Baekhyun said while still looking down at her and Taeyeon nodded her head still not talking until he felt her snuggle closer. “Thanks for taking me here” Taeyeon said barely audible. 

“It's alright” Baekhyun answered as he rested his chin above her head and inhaled deeply. “Sorry, if it's taking me long..” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled. “I'm going to wait for you. You don't have to rush yourself, it's better this way” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Don't worry, I won't hurt you” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. “It's alright, loving you means I have to get hurt too” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon was above to lift her head up from his shoulder when Baekhyun stopped her. 

“But.. I know loving you means happiness for me too. So it's up to me whether I would see it as the first or the latter. I'm happy being with you, so don't feel guilty about anything. Being close to you like this is already enough for me” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I won't guarantee you that it would be an easy road but.. let's take this one step at a time” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“One step at a time?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“One step at a time” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun sighed.

“Then.. can I take the quick steps?” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *puking rainbows everywhere*

I was bawling my eyes out last night, mom told me that i'm moving out of the house since she said I'm going to study quite far from home and the first thing that came into my mind was "does the place have internet connection?" "Will be able to update?" and my bestfriend was like, 'you're getting depressed just because you won't be able to update' and I'm like...

IT'S MY LIFE!

So yeah, I was about to put this on hiatus yesterday without any notice but the plan got cancelled. 

*victory dance*

I LOVE YOU ALLLL! *throws confetti everywhere*