Chapter 20

Collision of Two Worlds

Burnt gates, locked up with big chains. Burnt and wrecked houses inside, no signs of life, void. The wind blew past him and he heard nothing but whistles of the nearby trees. Holding the metal bars, Baekhyun took a final glance behind him checking if someone was there, he climbed up the big gates and jumped on the other side.

Dusting his pants, Baekhyun looked behind him and quickly jogged deeper into the abandoned village. Looking around, he sighed when he saw no signs of anyone. Not until he looked around and saw a big furry animal running towards him and before he can even hit it with his fist, it already jumped on him and transformed into a tan shirtless guy.

“Hey there” The wolf earlier, who now transformed into a man smiled. “What the hell are you doing out here in broad daylight?” Baekhyun asked before pushing him away harshly and the guy looked around and up at the sky before giving him a cheeky smile. “What? Is it wrong for me to welcome you?” He asked before frowning and Baekhyun sighed.

“What is someone sees you out here?” Baekhyun asked. “Hey, stop worrying. This place is far from the gates already” He said confidently and Baekhyun didn’t say anything anymore. “Where are the others?” Baekhyun asked while looking around.

“Maybe taking their naps, why are you here anyways?” He asked while giving Baekhyun a questioning look. “It’s full moon tonight right?” Baekhyun asked and the guy nodded his head still not having any idea why Baekhyun went there.

“Yes. Why?” He asked. “Please don’t make noises anymore. The people outside can hear your howls from here, they’re afraid” Baekhyun said and the guy raised his brows. “They hear the howls?” He asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“I guess we’re having too much fun. Don’t worry, we’ll tone it down” He said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I’m sorry if you won’t be able to have fun like before because of this, but it’s my job to ensure your safety. If this keeps on going, surely they will look for you and even kill you and I don’t want that happening. Just tone it down a bit” He said and the guy nodded his head.

“I understand. I’ll inform the others too” He said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. “Won’t you be spending the full moon here?” The guy asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “No, I’ll be at my place” He said and the guy nodded.

“Baekhyun-ah!”

“Sooyoung?”

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked with a smile plastered on her face. “I just asked Kai to do something” Baekhyun said and Kai nodded his head. “What is it?” Sooyoung asked and Baekhyun raised his brows.

“Is it really necessary to tell?” Kai asked and Sooyoung knocked his head causing Kai to pout and rub and his poor nape. “Respect” Sooyoung said and Kai nodded his head before taking a step away from Sooyoung.

“So? What brought you here?” Sooyoung asked. “The full moon” Baekhyun stated shortly and Sooyoung knew what he meant. “I see, you know the news now huh?” Sooyoung asked and Baekhyun nodded his head before glancing at Kai.

“These guys here makes too much noise, the people are scared” Baekhyun said and Sooyoung nodded her head in agreement. “I know. I’ve spend five full moons this year outside already and believe me, they’re really noisy that I found myself irritated already” Sooyoung said, her eyes turning narrow while looking at Kai.

“You can’t blame us!” Kai said but when Sooyoung lifted her fist up, Kai immediately ran behind Baekhyun. “Are you really a wolf?” Sooyoung asked and Baekhyun shook his head before smiling a little. He missed everyone squabbling in front of him like that but as much as he wants to stay, he knows he have responsibilities outside.

“Stop it now, you two. I’ll leave” Baekhyun announced and the two immediately frowned. “You’ll leave already?” They both asked in unison and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I have responsibilities outside” Baekhyun said and they nodded their heads understanding it.

“I’ll come back” He added making the two smile. “Never let anyone see you especially you” Baekhyun said pointing at Sooyoung. “Did I do wrong?” Sooyoung asked making Kai chuckled an Baekhyun shook his head. “But you live on the outside too. What do you think the people will do if they find out that you’re a gu-“

“I know” Sooyoung answered cutting him off immediately. “Just say hi to Sunny for me” Sooyoung added with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head. Turning his back from them, Baekhyun decided to leave and let them banter again.

“Why are you back so quickly?” Yoona asked as soon as she saw Taeyeon enter the door. Raising her brows, Taeyeon walked towards the couch and slumped her body on the free space beside her sister. “I have nothing to do outside anyway” Taeyeon answered and Yoona raised her brows. Noticing it, Taeyeon took a deep breath before pinching the bridge of her nose.

“Look outside and see what I mean” Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head. Walking towards the window, Yoona opened the blinds and saw that no one was there. Not even a single soul.

“What happened?” Yoona asked curiously. “Because it’s full moon?” Taeyeon said unsure of what to say and Yoona felt more confused. “What’s with the full moon?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. “I happened to bump into this old lady earlier, she said that when full moon occurs people around this neighborhood can hear weird noises, they were afraid so they lock themselves in their houses” Taeyeon explained and Yoona chuckled.

“Weird” Yoona stated. “I know” Taeyeon answered while nodding her head in agreement.

“Do they know where those ‘weird noises’ come from?” Yoona asked. “The old lady said that the howling comes from the abandoned village nearby, she said that maybe animals inhabited the place since it’s abandoned already and adding to that she said that there used to be a small forest around here” Taeyeon said and Yoona sighed.

“A forest in the city huh?” Yoona said then chuckled. “It was made into a park I think” Taeyeon said and Yoona furrowed her brows. “Oh, you mean the other park besides this one we have outside?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“It explains why. But isn’t a village pretty big to let it be abandoned?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. “I know right.. they’re wasting space” Taeyeon said then laughed causing Yoona to laugh too.

“But, seriously talking here, I think it’s better if they open that place you’re talking about again” Yoona said and Taeyeon turned her head towards her sister and gave her a questioning look. “Why?” Taeyeon asked.

“I don’t know, just feel like they should open it again. After all, it’s near the higher class place so it should have great houses” Yoona said and Taeyeon nodded her head agreeing with her sister.

“People here are weird” Yoona said and Taeyeon’s expression immediately changed into a serious one as soon as she remembered everything that had happened earlier.

“I know. Everyone is”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: A wolf huh? *whispers* goodluck everyone *evil laugh*