Chapter 24

Collision of Two Worlds

“Are you going to go back now?” Taeyeon asked pulling away from him and Baekhyun reluctantly nodded his head. “I need to leave, I got other responsibilities too but don’t hesitate to call me if you need something” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked down before nodding her head.

“Sorry for bothering you” Taeyeon said apologetically and Baekhyun smiled before shaking his head. “We’re friends, and that’s what friends are for. Besides, I don’t want Yoona to hate me for not taking good care of her sister” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed before nodding her head.

“I need to get going now. Dad’s probably waiting outside, thank you for taking me here” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s alright. Bye” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head before waving him goodbye.

“Taeyeon-ah, do you want to eat something?” Mrs. Im asked as soon as they entered inside the house, looking beside her, Taeyeon saw no one and sighed. At times like this, whenever their parents ask them if they ever want something, Taeyeon would turn to her sister and ask her first but now, there’s no one beside her.

“I.. I don’t feel like eating yet mom” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im looked at his daughter worriedly. “You haven’t had breakfast right?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon smiled weakly before shaking her head. “I’m fine dad. I’ll go down here if I’m hungry” Taeyeon said with a fake smile before walking up towards her room.

It’s more than hard for her to live like this. She should have been the one that was there and not Yoona.

Dropping herself on her bed, Taeyeon stared at the bed that was beside hers and tears began to gather around her eyes again. Wiping it away, Taeyeon sighed and stared at the ceiling not knowing what to do next.

Hearing a knock on the door, Taeyeon wiped her tears away and buried her face in the pillow. “Come in” She said hoarsely and soon after she heard the door creaked open and felt the other side of the bed sink because of the weight of the other person.

“Taeyeon-ah, let’s eat?” She heard her mother said and felt gentle on her hair. “I know it’s hard” The woman added and before Taeyeon knew it, she’s crying again. “It hurts mom, it really hurts” Taeyeon said and heard her mom sigh.

“In a garden, which flowers do you pick most of the time?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon lifted her head from the pillow and gave her mom a confused look. “The most beautiful ones?” Taeyeon asked reluctantly and Mrs. Im smiled before nodding her head.

“Exactly” She answered and that made Taeyeon realize what her mom was saying. “But why does it have to be her?” Taeyeon asked and Mrs. Im hugged her daughter tightly sensing the anger in her voice. Of course, it hurts her to see Taeyeon this way but she can’t blame the latter, Taeyeon loves Yoona so much and it’s hard for her to let her sister go like that.

“Shh, calm down” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon sniffed before nodding her head. “Taeyeon-ah” she heard her father’s voice. “Yes dad?” Taeyeon asked before lifting her head up from her mother’s shoulder. “Don’t be so sad, you’re making us sad too” Mr. Im said before walking towards them and Taeyeon looked down as she nodded her head.

“I know. I’m sorry” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im nodded his head. “It’s alright, we understand” He answered. “Mom, I think I’ll be going back tomorrow” Taeyeon said and both her parents gave her a worried look.

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I am” Taeyeon answered firmly. “You can always stay here if you want, you can take your rest first” Mr. Im added and Taeyeon forced a smile before shaking her head.

“I don’t want to waste Yoona’s effort taking me to Iris dad. Besides, I can’t be so sad about this too right? I mean, everything happens for a reason and Yoona wouldn’t like it if I keep acting this way” Taeyeon said making both of her parents nod their heads.

“You’re right” Mr. Im answered. “But if it ever gets hard” Mr. Im added.

“I can always come back home” Taeyeon continued.

“We’ll leave you first. I’ll prepare you some snacks and come down to eat alright?” Her mother said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Sure mom” Taeyeon answered and her father tapped her shoulder lightly. “Rest first. We’ll call you when it’s done” He said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“Thank you mom, dad”

They left her alone. Did I make the right choice? Taeyeon asked remembering the words she told her parents earlier. She said she would try to be fine. She said she wouldn’t be that sad about it, she said she’ll go back but is it really true?

Taeyeon doubts herself more than anything else, she knows she wouldn’t be fine, she knows she can’t be sad about it and she knows how scared she is to go back and live alone but the thought of her parents getting worried about her made her say the opposite of those things.

Yoona’s death was enough and she doesn’t want to burden them anymore.

What should she do now? She felt like breaking apart already. She told her parents’ lies because she knows she could never be fine, she could never be not sad about it and most of all she’s so scared to go back and face the life of living alone, she needs her sister.

I know it’s hard not to think about it, but the more you do, the more it hurts. Try to look on the bright side, think what your sister will feel if you keep being down. If you ever feel like coming back here already. Don’t hesitate to call me, please.
-Baekhyun

She sighed when she saw his message.

I know, I’m thinking of coming back tomorrow.
-Taeyeon

You wouldn’t take the whole week off? It would be better if you rest.
-Baekhyun

I know. I just don’t want to put my sister’s effort in a waste.
-Taeyeon

She threw her phone aside and laid on the bed, eyes glued on the ceiling. Oh, what would she give just to take her sister back to life, everything.

She would give everything just to take back Yoona.

Even her own life.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm going to reveal things soon~