Chapter 44

Collision of Two Worlds

She pushed him away. 

She realized everything that's happening. She felt so much fear. 

“I.. I'm sorry. I'll go now” Taeyeon said and before Baekhyun can even react from what she did, Taeyeon already walked away. Getting back to reality, Baekhyun mentally scolded himself, what if he freaked Taeyeon out? He doesn't know what happened to him, it wasn't himself that said that anymore. It's his heart. It's his stupid heart. 

“Taeyeon!” He called as he ran towards her, seeing her not slowing nor stopping her pace. Baekhyun ran faster, reaching her, Baekyhun grabbed her arm and spun her around only to get surprised when she saw the frown on   her face. “I'm sorry.. I..” Baekhyun said but before he can finish what he wants to tell her, Taeyeon already cut him off. 

“It's alright. It was just a friendly hug right? A friendly request?” Taeyeon asked knowing what Baekhyun wants to tell her and even when it slightly pained her asking those questions, she can't just let herself fall for him. When he hugged her, when he asked her to stay for a while, she became suddenly afraid. She's uncertain. She's not ready to let someone get inside her heart again, not when she's afraid of hurting someone dear to her again. 

“Taeyeon.. I” Baekhyun said trying his luck again, no he doesn't understand what her reason for pushing him away but his inner self kept scolding him. He doesn't want her to run away but because his heart took over his mind, he thinks that his friendship with Taeyeon is slowly going down the drain. 

“Look, I..” Taeyeon sighed cutting him again. She doesn't want to hurt him but she's afraid, not when she's still not ready. 

“I like you” Taeyeon continued and Baekhyun's eyes widened. “But.. I don't think it's already enough, I don't think it's the right time too. I'm sorry Baekhyun, but please.. please give me some time?” Taeyeon pleaded and Baekhyun pondered about her request for a moment. She likes him, that's all that he needed to hear. Right? Right.

“Y-You're not mad at me right?” Baekhyun asked carefully. “Why would I be?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked down. “I probably freaked you out back there” Baekhyun said looking up and meeting her eyes again. “No, you didn't freaked me out. But I would be lying if I say I wasn't surprised” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he let out a sigh of relief. “I'm sorry if I.. did something like that. I guess it was just the spur of the moment” Baekhyun explained and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Sorry if I can't return what you feel the same way” Taeyeon said remorsefully and Baekhyun smiled weakly before nodding his head. 

It hurt him, Taeyeon's words but it didn't stop him. At the least, he knows she likes him back. 

“I understand” Baekhyun said with a sincere smile. “From now, it's my job to make you like me more” Baekhyun confidently said and before Taeyeon can react, Baekhyun leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Leave everything to me” He said and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head.

“Let me take you home now” Baekhyun said with a smile and before Taeyeon can answer him, Baekhyun already intertwined their hands making Taeyeon have no choice but to comply. On the way back, Taeyeon kept glancing at Baekhyun who has a smile on his face every once in a while. Shaking her head, Taeyeon leaned at the car window and watched him by his reflection. Smiling a bit, Taeyeon sighed.

I'll leave everything to him, Taeyeon thought. 

Glancing at her, Baekhyun saw a small smile plastered on her face making him smile too. 

“Taeyeon” Baekhyun called breaking the silence. “What is it?” Taeyeon asked taking her head off the window. “Maybe we should do this fairly” Baekhyun said as a random thought came inside his mind and Taeyeon furrowed her brows not catching what he meant. “What?” Taeyeon asked making Baekhyun chuckle. “This me-making-you-like-me thing” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “What should I do about it?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Give me points” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. “Are you a kid?” Taeyeon asked followed by a chuckle. “and it won't be fair if you demand the points” Taeyeon added and Baekhyun chuckled. “That's what I'm saying.  It's your choice on how many points you'll give me” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon laughed. “Alright then, but I'll deduct points if I want alright?” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun's jaw dropped. “That's unfair!” He countered making Taeyeon laugh again. 

“If you do right then I'll give you points but if you do wrong I'll deduct. Deal?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun chuckled before nodding his head. “Deal” He confidently answered making Taeyeon shake her head. “Do I have a target score?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. “That's unfair” He retorted making Taeyeon chuckle. 

“It's a secret” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun pouted. “I'll deduct you points if you do that” Taeyeon said and he immediately smiled. “Alright, but wouldn't it be unfair for me not to know the target point? How will I know?” Baekhyun complained and Taeyeon shook her head. 

“When I like you enough” Taeyeon said and before Baekhyun can even say anything Taeyeon pointed outside. 

“We're here” She said and Baekhyun stopped the car. “See you when I get back to Iris” Taeyeon said before going out of the car. “But that's still a few days” Baekhyun muttered but Taeyeon managed to hear it. “You need to go back there, the school needs you. See you soon” Taeyeon said with a smile and after bidding goodbye, Taeyeon went inside. 

Seeing her disappear behind the front door of their house, Baekhyun sighed as he shook his head. 

Maybe she's right, I need to go back to Iris first. Baekhyun thought as he drove away. 

Back at Taeyeon. 

“I'm home” Taeyeon said as soon as she entered the door. “Oh, you're back. Where have you been?” Mr. Im asked after folding the newspaper he's reading. “I'm..” before Taeyeon can answer, Mrs. Im already went out of the kitchen. “Dinner's ready! Oh, you're back” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon smiled and walked towards her mother before giving her a hug and a quick 'thank you'.

“Yes mom. What's for dinner?” Taeyeon asked and Mrs. Im pinched her daughter's cheek. “Your favorite” Mrs. Im and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I'll go change first. I'll be back” Taeyeon said before kissing her mother's cheek again and running upstairs. Approaching his wife, Mr. Im shook his head making Mrs. Im look at him questioningly. 

“What?” Mrs. Im asked. “I'll give you credits for saving your daughter” Mr. Im said with a chuckle before going to the kitchen. Shaking her head, Mrs. Im sighed. “Taeyeon-ah! Come down here!” Mrs. Im shouted before following her husband. 

Hearing her mother's voice from downstairs, Taeyeon shook her head as she chuckled. Hearing her phone rang, Taeyeon took it out from her pocket and opened the message she received. 

Don't be unfair alright?

-Baekhyun 

She chuckled and was about to put her phone down when her phone rang again. This time, it was Baekhyun again but  unlike the first one, it was different. So different that made Taeyeon feel flustered. 

I'm going to make you fall for me. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *jumps out of the window* 

goodbye woorrrllllld T.T