Chapter 1

Collision of Two Worlds

"Oh.. you're up so early Taeyeon are you going somewhere?" Mrs. Im asked upon seeing her daughter, yes her daughter, go down the stairs with her usual morning hair. Giving her a small smile, Taeyeon nodded her head and gave the woman a quick hug. 

A thankful one that is. Why? Because if it wasn't for woman, she would have been lost, she would have gone into the streets and lived there. Alone. Her parents died a few years ago in a car accident and all that she remembers is going home into an empty house, police knocking at the door in the middle of the cold night, telling her that her parents died.

She's more than shocked, she's more than scared for her future but she bravely accepted the fact that her parents died. It was painful, it was hard at first but she managed to get back on track and that's with the woman's help. Her new family's help. 

"I'm going down check the apartment Yoona and I saw yesterday mom" Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im gave her a worried look, she's really against with the whole idea of Taeyeon and Yoona moving out of their house just because they have to continue their senior high somewhere else but knowing that the two can handle themselves, she felt a bit of ease but then she still worries. 

She doesn't want to be away with the girls. It's for their sake too. 

"Mom.. don't worry" Taeyeon said when she noticed the hesitance present in the woman's eyes. "How could I not? You're the only two I'm taking care of here and now you're going to move out. I don't understand why you have to switch schools when you're already two years away from graduating" Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon smiled warmly before placing her hands over the woman's shoulder.

"Aren't you happy that we got to Iris Academy? Mom, not anyone can enter that school and you know that, you should be happy that we got to study there for our senior year" Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im shook her head. "I'm not against you studying there and of course I'm proud with the both of you.. but why can't you just find another apartment nearby that school that isn't a run-down?" Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"You know we can't afford to get the higher class apartments right? Besides, we checked the neighborhood and everyone seemed nice" Taeyeon stated trying to convince her mother. Letting out a sigh, Mrs.Im shook her head disagreeing with her daughter's statement. 

"Not just because they look nice, they already are. Looks can be deceiving Taeyeon-ah" Mrs. Im reminded and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I know mom.. you once told us that. But dad already agreed, come on, we'll still go here over weekends" Taeyeon said with a smile and her mother can't do anything but to let out a sigh finally giving up the fight.

"Alright.. when are you going to move out then?" Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon gave her a look of disbelief. "You just agreed with us moving out and now you already want us to leave?" Taeyeon asked faking hurt and Mrs. Im slapped her arm causing Taeyeon to wince in pain. 

"You.." Mrs. Im said but before she can finish her sentence she heard frantic footsteps coming downstairs and before she knew it, Yoona already came down while giving the both her and Taeyeon a questioning look. 

"What's with the commotion this early morning?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon silently pointed Mrs. Im who's oblivious with what she's doing. "Mom? Seriously?" Yoona asked and Mrs. Im glared at the both of them. Noticing it, Taeyeon quietly walked towards Yoona and hid behind her back. 

"Mom's abusing me again" Taeyeon said pretending to cry and Yoona on the other hand shook her head before crossing her arms. "This lady.. go eat your breakfast now and leave" Mrs. Im commanded and Yoona furrowed her brows, turning to Taeyeon she gave her sister a questioning look.

"You told mom that we're going to leave?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Why? Are you planning not to tell me that you have a plan to leave today?" Mrs. Im asked putting her hands on her waist and raising one of her brows causing Yoona to gulp.

"N-No.. of course not" Yoona answered as she scratched her nape and smiled sheepishly. "Eat your breakfast now and go home early. Go" Mrs. Im commanded and the two scurried off towards the table. 

"Thank you for the meal mom" 

"There's an electricity connection here, the water's running good too and we set warmers here for winter and as you can see we painted the walls too" The landlord said while Yoona and Taeyeon looks around the apartment, nodding their heads in satisfaction, the two gave each other knowing glances before turning to the landlord. 

"How much do we have to pay for the rent grandma?" Taeyeon asked. "The rent is negotiable and since you're students too. I can give you a discount too" The old lady said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Not bad.." She said and Yoona nodded her head agreeing with her. 

"We'll take this grandma" Yoona said and the lady nodded her head. "When are you going to move here then?" The old lady asked and Yoona glanced at Taeyeon before looking back at her. "Will it be alright if we move in the day after tomorrow? School's starting soon too and we need to move some things" Yoona stated and the old lady nodded her head. 

"Alright then.. let's talk about the rent in my office?" the landlord suggested and the two nodded their heads. 

"Alright" 

"Oh.. so you're going to move out the day after tomorrow?" Mr. Im asked right after he closed the newspaper he's reading before looking towards the two. "Yes dad.. we already advanced our pay for three months so you don't have to worry" Yoona stated with a smile and Mr. Im raised his brows. 

"Where did you even get the money?" He asked. "It's from our allowances dad.. we saved up because we don't want you to be bothered by paying the rent anymore" Taeyeon explained and Yoona nodded her head agreeing with her sister. Letting out a deep breath, Mr. Im can't do anything but to nod his head. 

"Alright then.. you know that you can always come back home if it ever gets too hard right?" Mr. Im reminded and the two nodded their heads. "Of course dad.. and don't worry we'll come over the weekends if we don't have any work to do" Yoona stated confidently and Mr. Im nodded his head. 

"Alright. I'll keep that promise" Mr. Im said and Yoona grinned widely. 

"We'll go upstairs dad" 

"Alright" Mr. Im replied and Yoona took Taeyeon's hand and pulled her upstairs. Entering their room, Yoona threw herself over her bed and rolled side to side. Taeyeon on the other hand walked towards her bed and took a seat on the edge causing Yoona to stop what she's doing and give the latter a questioning look. 

"Something wrong?" Yoona asked. Sitting up, she raised her brows and Taeyeon could only shake her head and give her a small smile. "Hey" Yoona said knowing what Taeyeon's thinking right at that moment. Pushing herself up from her bed, Yoona walked towards Taeyeon, took a seat beside her and hang her arms over Taeyeon's shoulder.

"I know what you're thinking. I know you're missing your parents and all and I can't say that I know what you feel because I really don't but hey.. cheer up. You know that I'm always here right? Mom and dad too" Yoona said lightly bumping her sides to Taeyeon's. 

"I know.." Taeyeon answered. "and I'm thankful that I met you guys. I mean, I thought I will have nowhere to go when mom and dad died but then.. you offered to help me. You even treated me more than just a best friend, you stood beside me when they died. You treated me like family" Taeyeon continued and Yoona chuckled. 

"Of course. Do you still remember those times when I stay over at your house and your mom's like 'you're my daughter too' and 'you're Taeyeon's sister'. It was engraved in my heart, and when I saw you cry because you lost them, I know that I have to step in as your sister" Yoona said with a smile and Taeyeon hugged Yoona taking the latter by surprise. 

"Yeah.. I remember those times. Thank you Yoong" Taeyeon said with tears b on her eyes. Pushing her a little, Yoona noticed the tears that built in around Taeyeon's eyes and sighed. Wiping it away for her, Yoona gave Taeyeon a smile before nodding her head. 

"I have to thank you too you know.. for being my sister and putting up with me even if I'm crazier than you" Yoona said and they both chuckled. "I know right.. after all it's your idea to take that test from Iris Academy and it's also your idea to move out" Taeyeon said in amusement and Yoona gave her a look of disbelief. 

"I seriously don't know how we passed those exams" Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled. "Me too Yoong.. me too" Taeyeon said and they both bursted out laughing knowing that the idea of taking the test offered by the prestigious academy is just a crazy idea made by Yoona. 

"I thought mom and dad would be mad" Yoona said trying to stop her laughing. "I thought so too. Remember when you told them that you don't really plan on going to Iris Academy and that you took the test just for fun?" Taeyeon asked while looking at her sister accusingly and Yoona chuckled nervously. 

"You even dragged me in your mess too" Taeyeon said and Yoona chuckled. Dropping herself on Taeyeon's bed, Yoona let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry alright? but I think, it's a good idea too. I mean, no one can get into Iris Academy without passing the exams be it the son of the president of the country" Yoona said and Taeyeon nodded her head agreeing with the latter, 

"I know. I just can't believe it" Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head with a smile plastered on her face. .

"We're going to Iris Academy" 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: FIRST CHAPTER AAAAAHH~!! 

Thanks for reading~ wootwoot~