The Universe

Spoiler


Song Ji Hyo opened her eyes when someone from behind tapped her gently. She noticed that the person, who tapped her, is now sitting beside her. She smiled upon seeing the person. Yoo Jae Suk smiled at her back as he asked worriedly, "Are you okay?" She shook her head as an answer. Jae Suk is one of the two loyal personal assistants of the Song family. She has been very close to him as well as to the other assistant Suk Jin ever since she was young. She used to hang around with them whenever her parents get busy at work and at home.

"Where is Suk Jin oppa?" she asked. "He's already sleeping." answered Jae Suk. "Why aren't you asleep yet?" she then asked Jae Suk. "I was waiting for your arrival. I got worried that something might have happened to you, and I was right since you are here on your favorite step, thinking about something again." the concerned Jae Suk answered. She smiled hearing his answer so she said, "I wish I could go back to where I stand in Jin Hyuk oppa's life, but having this fixed marriage with Kim Jong Kook-ssi, ruined everything between us."

"But you can always back out if you want to." told Jae Suk. She shook her head when she said, "If things like that could be that easy, I don't think this said thing has to be done in the first place." Jae Suk sighed as he felt the woman's love to her family. He knows how much Ji Hyo loves Choi Jin Hyuk, but he's fully aware that Ji Hyo's sincerity when it comes to her family is much more than her love for the said rising actor. Before Ji Hyo came inside the house, he has overheard the couple's conversation, and he feels sad that the two have become distant.

"Jae Suk oppa, have you ever been to a relationship that seems to be perfect?" she suddenly asked not looking at Jae Suk. Jae Suk just looked at the woman as she added the words in a sad tone, "Because I have been to that - feeling empty." Jae Suk chose not to say anything so the silence enveloped the two of them. When he felt the coldness of the wind, he then told Ji Hyo to get up and get inside the house. Ji Hyo looked at the sky and closed her eyes as she said, "Please go ahead. The coldness here is nothing compared to the coldness I feel inside."

Ji Hyo didn't notice that Jae Suk gave her a bow when she told him to go inside. She remembered what Jin Hyuk told her inside the car earlier, "There are lots of things that you don't know about me, and I am scared that if I tell you all those things, you'll just leave." She then asked Jin Hyuk, "You already know what, who, and how I am. Shouldn't I get to know what, who, and who you are as well? As your girlfriend? Because I am your girl." Jin Hyuk sighed as he said, "I wanted to tell you everything but my lips aren't opening whenever I want to."

In the morning, the Song family was gathered at the dining table. Kang Ho, Yeon Su, and Jae Rim were all staring at her. She doesn't have any idea on what's going on so Jae Rim quickly showed him the tablet with her captured picture on. "Do you have any idea on how your picture was captured?" asked Kang Ho. She shook her head as a reply. "I'm sorry I was careless." she then added. "Jae Rim has already joined the show biz. One of us is enough to be a part of it. Let's just hope that this won't circulate too much." added Kang Ho.

She bowed at them again when Kang Ho stood up. "Yeobo, I don't think it's a big deal. She's going to get married to Kim Jong Kook anyway." said Yeon Su. Kang Ho looked at his wife as he replied, "Then should we just always ask the Kim's family to always do as a favor? Having my daughter marry someone that she barely knows is way too much already." Her head is still down, and she only lifted it up when Jae Rim told her that their parents have gone upstairs already. "I'm sorry, Noona. I entered the show business first." told Jae Rim. 

Ji Hyo smiled at Jae Rim as she said, "I'll be used to it so don't worry." Jae Rim smiled as he told her, "Noona, do you know that Jong Kook-ssi's younger sister, So Eun, is my virtual wife?" Ji Hyo nodded at him to her younger brother's surprise. "Isn't she lovely?" he asked. Ji Hyo ruffled Jae Rim's hair as she reminded him, "You should guard your heart, Jae Rim-ah. Jong Kook-ssi will be a part of the family soon so you shouldn't be that into her." She saw Jae Rim's smile has disappeared so she asked, "What's the matter?" "Noona, you reminded me of something I have forgotten when I saw her." told Jae Rim in an honest manner remembering his early moments with Kim So Eun.

Jae Rim snapped his fingers when he noticed her being blank upon hearing his answer. When he said that he has forgotten that So Eun is going to be a member of the Song's family relatives, Ji Hyo asked what's the matter. He replied that he thinks he just happened to fall in love with her when he saw her up close in their filming site. Ji Hyo, now back to her senses, asked whether it could really happen to a man -to fall in love at first sight, and he answered yes although he fell in love at Kim So Eun on their second meeting.

Her phone started ringing, so she nodded at Jae Rim when he said that he has to go their filming site now. She smiled at Jae Rim's excited mood, and decided to answer the unknown caller of her phone. She was surprised to know who the caller is - it's Kim Jong Kook. "How did you know my number?" she asked. Jong Kook didn't answer her question but she was surprised to hear his figurative message, "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, the moment of truth has come. It will be a crash between the shooting star and your distant star. I'm afraid that you should come to the place, where I'll tell you, for the two rival stars to know, which one between them fits, -" stopped Jong Kook as he added, "your universe."