The Selection

Spoiler


"Ji Hyo-yah.." called a familiar voice when she suddenly remembered how everything started. It was Kim Jong Kook who called her. "Are you okay?" he asked upon seeing her pale face. She nodded her head as a response. When she looked around, the members of the Song family together with Jae Suk and Suk Jin, are no longer around. "Where are they?" she then asked. Jong Kook smiled at her and answered, "They just left." She hurriedly looked at the other side, and was surprised to see that the members of the Kim famliy are still there.

She gave the Kims a bow, and the way they stare at her is enough for her to feel very uncomfortable. "Jong Kook-ah, I'm sorry, but I think I should be home as well." she then told her boyfriend. "I'll drop you off." he then said to which she agreed on. She gave the Kims a bow before she left the restaurant. The Kim family sighed at what happened tonight. "Dad, what will happen to Jong Kook oppa's wedding now? Who will he wed?" asked So Eun. Hee Ae looked at Sang Joong, who gave just gave her and So Eun a simple yet understandable smile. 

Jong Kook is now sitting on the driver's seat of his car looking at her. She has not put on her seatbelt yet, so he did it for her. "Don't overthink." he then told Ji Hyo. She looked at him and asked, "Aren't you even angry?" He smiled and responded, "What's there to be angry about? You must have been taken by surprise when you have chosen to pretend as Song Kang Ho-ssi's daughter." "Her name is Song Hye Kyo." she then reminded him. He patted Ji Hyo's head and said, "The way your eyes look at me is so strange. I don't like that kind of look."

Ji Hyo looked at him when she heard him spoke the last words. She was then brought back to the continuation of how everything between Jong Kook and her started. It was almost a year ago when she heard Kang Ho said, "I don't like that kind of look. My daughter doesn't want a lot of people to know she's sick, so I hope that you, knowing it, will be a secret from her." She nodded at Kang Ho as an agreement. "Should we have a contract?" asked Kang Ho. She shook her head and answered, "I know where I stand so there'll be no reason for me not to understand."

Jong Kook pinched her softly, and that's enough for her to come back to her senses. "Ji Hyo-ya, even if I barely know you, I wish you could let me know you more without breaking up with me." he then said out of the blue. "Why are you talking about breaking up, Jong Kook-ah?" she asked sweetly. "Looking at your eyes now, and remembering how strange you were before we went inside the restaurant earlier, the words 'our relationship will be doomed' were written on your face. Ji Hyo smiled at him and said with emphasis, "You just said it. Those words were written, were." 

They have decided to continue what they're talking about even though Jong Kook's car has been parked in front of the Songs' house already. Jong Kook looked at her and smiled a little. "Ji Hyo-ya, no matter what happens, I'm sticking with you. Even if you will be the most hateful person in this world, I'll be sticking with you." he then told her. She was so overwhelmed that she tried her best not to shed tears. "Why are you like that to me?" she asked still feeling overwhelmed. Jong Kook smiled again as he reminded her, "I'll never give you up, so never give me up. That's included in the price that you should pay."

Ji Hyo unlocked the seatbelt, and stepped out of his car after minutes of talking. He saw her waved him goodbye, but his heart was racing fast when he saw her smiling differently at him. He started to drive his car away from the their house when she entered the Songs' residence. He took out his phone, and quickly dialed a number. When the line got connected, he clicked the loudspeaker to freely talk with the said person while he's driving. "You and I should talk." he told the person on the other line. "I'm not in the mood to talk." said the other person.

Jae Suk and Suk Jin approached her right away when they saw her coming in. "Ji Hyo-ya..." called Jae Suk. She smiled at him and said, "The show has ended, Oppa. Everyone already knows that I'm not Song Ji Hyo." Jae Suk then looked at her as he shook his head when he said, "The show must go on." She stared at Jae Suk and Suk Jin as she asked, "Have you two ever felt so guilty of not being guilty?" The two men looked at each other and asked in unison, "What do you mean?" She tried to force a smile as she admitted, "I am guilty of not being guilty."

Jong Kook is now sitting inside one of the famed coffee shops in town. He was able to convince the person, whom he was talking with earlier, to meet him. The said person quickly saw him, and is now sitting in front of him. It's his first time to be talking with the person in person. There was never a time that they shared the same moment nor the same place alone. "What do you want?" asked Jin Hyuk, his half-brother, whom he called to get the facts straight from his mouth. "You do know Song Ji Hyo is not Song Ji Hyo, don't you?" he asked directly.

Jin Hyuk smirked at him and asked, "So?" Jong Kook smiled at him before he said, "The Song Ji Hyo, whom I am in a relationship now, is the person I'll marry."  Jin Hyuk's smirk suddenly disappeared when he saw how serious he was with his words. "You can't." he told him. "I can." he answered. "I said you can't." told Jin Hyuk. "That's why I said I can." he replied. "You are off to marry Song Hye Kyo, so it is just a matter of time that everything will be over between you and Ji Hyo." Jin Hyuk reminded him of the serious situation that he's in.

Jong Kook smiled at Jin Hyuk when he asked, "Don't tell me you are still waiting for Ji Hyo to come back to you?" Jin Hyuk returned him the smile as he answered, "And  what if I do?" This time, it was his smile that disappeared. "Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi, I have a feeling that, that woman, named Song Hye Kyo, is the one you'll marry." he then said that made Jin Hyuk furious. He grabbed his shirt making their flaming eyes meet. "You need to marry Song Hye Kyo, so I can marry Song Ji Hyo. If it happens, I'll be the very first person to welcome you in the family as --" he stopped midway when Jin Hyuk released him from his grasp while he was trying his best to swallow his pride just to finish his sentence with, "Kim Tae Ho."