The Spoiler

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook looked at the wall clock and saw the time. The hands of the clock show two different directions. It is ten to two in the afternoon, and he was still waiting for Ji Hyo to show up. Two weeks have passed since they were supposed to be married in front of their trusted people, however, because he was late, they weren't able to. It has been two weeks since it happened, but it still feels like he just committed the said mistake yesterday. Jong Kook then smiled when he saw Ji Hyo heading towards his direction.


Ji Hyo smiled back at Jong Kook when he smiled at her. It has been two weeks since she talked with Hye Kyo, and she knows that things didn't go easy for the two of them since then. It's now two minutes to two in the afternoon, and she tried to hold back the tears when she decided to return his smile. "Sorry to keep you waiting." she said to open up a conversation. Jong Kook shook his head as he answered, "Eight minutes isn't that long." Ji Hyo clung her arms around Jong Kook's muscular arm as they headed to go out.


Jong Kook felt uncomfortable when he saw Ji Hyo smiled at him. He felt more uncomfortable when she clung her arms around his muscular arm. As they headed out, he got to know the reason why he felt the sudden discomfort. Jae Suk and Suk Jin were waiting for him outside with their luggages, and Ji Hyo just smiled at him when he looked at her. "What's the meaning of this?" he asked curiosly. "We have decided to move out of Kwang Soo's place. We don't want to cause trouble anymore." Suk Jin answered on her behalf.


"Where will we stay then?" he asked. Jae Suk smiled when he heard his question. "Unfortunately, we have decided to not live with you anymore, Jong Kook-ssi." Jae Suk answered. His forehead scrunched when he can't understand what's going on. "Ji Hyo, what's this about?" he asked a with serious expression on his face. Ji Hyo shrugged her shoulders as a reply. Jong Kook got annoyed, so he yelled at her as he asked, "What the hell is going on with you?" His sudden outburst made Ji Hyo, Suk Jin, and Jae Suk stunned.


"Ya, Kim Jong Kook --" Jae Suk was about to scold him for shouting, but he was quick to say, "I'm sorry in advance, but please let me talk to her for a second. Please excuse us." Suk Jin and Jae Suk looked at each other, and looked at Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo gave them a sign that it's okay, so the two older men decided to go back inside the house. Kwang Soo was just standing at the gate, and was dragged by the men so the couple can talk about things over. "Hyung, I want to know what they will talk about." said Kwang Soo, who was trying to lighten up the mood, however, the seriousness of the situation is way too intense.


"Get in." commanded Jong Kook to Ji Hyo after he opened the passenger's seat for her. Ji Hyo, who was at the side where the driver's seat is, looked at him without saying anything. "I said get in." he repeated. Ji Hyo seemed to be deaf as she just remained glued to where she's standing. "Get in before I drag you in." warned Jong Kook. Ji Hyo didn't seem to be threatened, so he decided to hold her arm firmly, so she can get inside the car. He was able to make Ji Hyo sit on the passenger's seat, and he is now sitting on the driver's seat.


"Hyung!" called Kwang Soo when they heard him drove off the car real fast. "What's the matter between those two people? I just can't understand why they have to be fighting like that." commented Suk Jin to which Jae Suk and Kwang Soo agreed on. "I'm sure they'll kiss and make up soon." answered Jae Suk to which Kwang Soo's eyes sparkled. "Kiss and make up? How nice would it be!" he commented which resulted him getting hit on the head. "Come up to your senses! Don't be so green-minded." told Suk Jin.


Jong Kook parked the car in front of a coffee house. "Why are we here? There are tons of people around." asked Ji Hyo in a worried manner. "Why worry about those people?" he asked. "You know that we shouldn't be seen together." answered Ji Hyo. "And why is that?" he asked. "Because it will make things worse." she replied. "Worse? Our scandal has been in the news for way too long now. Does it even matter?" he asked in an annoyed tone. "Think of your family, Jong Kook-ssi." she then reminded him.


He grinnned at the thought of Ji Hyo calling him in a formal way. "Are you mad at me because I was late in the wedding?" he then asked directly. "You know I will never get mad at you because of that issue." she then answered. "Then why are you trying to move me out of your life?" he then asked which made Ji Hyo looked the other way. "I was right, right? I hit it well, right?" he asked continuously when he understood what's going on on Ji Hyo's mind. He held Ji Hyo's shoulders and made her look at him as he asked, "Tell me why?"  


Ji Hyo sighed as she agreed for them to go inside the coffee shop. She was right when she told Jong Kook that there are tons of people around the said place due to its popularity, but Jong Kook doesn't care. He doesn't disguise himself nor wants her to disguise herself. "This way it will be easier to admit our relationship." blurted Jong Kook. She looked at him and asked, "If you're very much willing, why don't we go back to Seoul then?" Jong Kook looked at her and said, "Ji Hyo-yah, something in your eyes tells me not to go back to Seoul."


Jong Kook saw Ji Hyo looked away when he told her what he's feeling. He knows that his intuitions are dangerous, and it's scaring him more now that he's been seeing the side of Ji Hyo's face most of the time for two consecutive weeks already. Suddenly, a song from Epik High was played all of a sudden. "You are like that song, Ji Hyo-yah." he then murmured. Ji Hyo was confused and so as they listened to the lyrics of the song, she asked, "Why are you trying to compare?" He was about to answer, however, she put her hand on the air to stop him from talking, so she can listen to the song's lyrics more. 

"Your distant stares and your words are spoilers.
I see the end in every little thing you do.
I try to ignore them, but I can feel these spoilers.
Should I sit through it all? Or should I leave now?
There might be a plot twist.


What are you thinking?
I ask twice, and you face me.
Again, you offer an answer that isn’t an answer.
Looks like it’ll rain tomorrow.
Then you look back out the window.


These days, I see the side of your face often.
You let out a sigh, and silence floods me.
Delusions I should not dive into.
I know.
My intuition is dangerous.


One step in and I’ll be caught in the undertow.
My sensitivity is deep waters.
I know why those seemingly
meaningless sighs are becoming frequent.
A departing heart empties its home one sigh at a time.


It seems
you’re busier than before.
Days pass without a call,
and our conversations are lifeless.
And those words you write and erase.
Foreshadowing.


Maybe it’s coincidence,
but every time I look at a clock,
its hands are facing in opposite directions.
They’re showing us what lies ahead.
It’s all cliche.


I’ve seen scenes like this hundreds of times,
but my heart stops.
Have we become too busy
to remember our many promises?
Or are we already busy forgetting them?

Your distant stares and your words are spoilers.
I see the end in every little thing you do.
I try to ignore them, but I can feel these spoilers.
Should I sit through it all? Or should I leave now?
There might be a plot twist.
I can’t let you go.

I can hear them loud and clear,
the things you don’t say.
You try to act normal but I know.
This damn hunch is choking me.
Maybe I’ve been holding you captive
in my stupid fantasies.


Maybe you’ve been playing a part
that doesn’t suit you.
Even when, out of habit, you say you love me,
your mind is elsewhere.
Words and expressions are out of sync.
Displaced subtitles.


Maybe this is my deserved punishment
for wanting to love like the movies.
I finally ask where your heart is at,
and all I get is an open ending.
Yes, our love was twist upon twist
a series of hair-raising scenes.


But even the flames of that hell was better than
this burnt out purgatory.
I see the end.
Can’t turn off the projector in my mind.
Only when I drink myself
out of frame can I breathe.
Just cut me out or kill me out.
Forget a happy ending.
Don’t let me fade… out.


Your distant stares and your words are spoilers.
I see the end in every little thing you do.
I try to ignore them, but I can feel these spoilers.
Should I sit through it all? Or should I leave now?
There might be a plot twist.
I can’t let you go.


Maybe you and I were living a charade
with a predetermined ending.
Maybe you and I, since our first scene,
were marching towards the end.
This is our last parade.


Your distant stares and your words are spoilers.
I see the end in every little thing you do.
I try to ignore them, but I can feel these spoilers.
Should I sit through it all? Or should I leave now?
There might be a plot twist.
I can’t let you go.


I see the end, but baby don’t let’s go.
Even if it’s one last scene, don’t wanna miss it,
so I can’t let go.
I can’t let you go.
I see the end, but baby don’t let’s go.
Even if it’s one last scene, don’t wanna miss it,
so I can’t let go.
The End?"