The Ignition

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Ji Hyo smiling big time with Jin Hyuk's words over a back hug. People were so pleased to see them in the said situation, and he's getting annoyed because of that. Hye Kyo puts her hand on his hand as she told him, "Let's go." He then let Hye Kyo's hand on his hand as they walked from the hall to the next room. Jong Kook saw So Eun looking at him, and he assured his younger sister that he's okay. So Eun smiled at him, and headed towards where her birthday celebration will be held.

Actually, So Eun's birthday celebration was prepared by the staff and crew of the show "We Got Married". All things that will be said and done there will be televised. Only Jae Rim and So Eun are aware of the situation, and they are both nervous right now. The young virtual couple doesn't know what might happen, but they just wish that everything will work out well. They think that if it's time for everything to be revealed, so then be it. Jae Rim moved towards where So Eun is, and assisted her to where she should sit.

There were lots of round tables and chairs inside. The ambiance looks so excellent that even the emcees, of the said show, showed their impressed remarks. "Both So Eun and Jae Rim are rich in real life. I wonder if they even experience dramas in regard to being rich or something." commented Mi Sun, who was unaware of the real situation between the two families. "Oh? Why is Choi Jin Hyuk there?" asked another emcee, Eric Nam. The emcees as well as the live viewers were curious on why Jin Hyuk was included in the said birthday celebration.

Both families remained civil from the time they arrived at the said hall, and both sides bid each other goodbye without causing too much trouble. When Jong Kook and Hye Kyo were about to leave, So Eun asked them to stay. Jae Rim, on the other hand, took the chance to invite Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk to spend more time with them. Both pairs were okay with it, so they headed to the karaoke machine. So Eun smiled when she asked who should sing first. Jae Rim suggested that maybe they should play rock-scissors-paper.

Jin Hyuk looked at Ji Hyo when he lost the game. The five individuals were so happy that they won. Ji Hyo smiled at him, and clapped her hands as a way of cheering the said actor. Because of that, Jin Hyuk smilingly went to the machine to press the number of the song that he'd like to sing. All of them, including the emcees, were surprised when he chose to sing his own song: "Don't Look Back". Ji Hyo knew the reason why he chose that, and she smiled at him nodding trying to tell Jin Hyuk that she understands.

"I was so happy,

I used to smile so much

Times spent with you

were so precious

I didn’t know I would

say the words I love you

So I’m just thankful for you

You must have been in a lot of

pain, you must have cried a lot

I’m just so sorry for

the times spent with me

I couldn’t even say the words

I’m sorry yet but I’m letting

you go like this, I’m sorry

Don’t look back at me, don’t look

back at me who is crying, My held

back tears might hold onto you,

who barely managed to turn around

Don’t look back even once,

please don’t look back at me in pain

Because I’m still in love,

because I love you, don’t look back

Never look back

Because I’m a fool, because

I’m a good-for-nothing

I couldn’t protect

your bright smile

I was too young back then so

I didn’t know about your tears

Don’t ever forgive me

Don’t look back at me, don’t look

back at me who is crying, My held

back tears might hold onto you,

who barely managed to turn around

Don’t look back even once,

please don’t look back at me in pain

Because I’m still in love,

because I love you, don’t look back

Don’t go, don’t go, my

heart tells me to call you

I love you, I love you, my

heart tells me to catch you

I say that I can’t, I cover

my mouth but I say your name

Will you come back to me? Will you

come back to me? Even if I say that

Pretend you didn’t hear, turn around,

quicken your steps and leave me

Don’t ever cry again, don’t

ever hurt again and be happy

You have to live a million

times better than me, you have to

Don’t ever forget"

Jin Hyuk almost cried when he finished singing the song. He looked at Ji Hyo, who was looking sad at him. He smiled at her, so she won't be guilty. He knows that his part in Ji Hyo's story is now over. He can no longer return the love that she has lost when he was busy finding himself. Ji Hyo smiled back at him, and it was enough for him to be satisfied. He might be letting go of Ji Hyo now, but the love that he has for her will never be gone. For him, Ji Hyo is like the distant star that he will always look up to, like, and love even from afar.

So Eun looked at Ji Hyo, and the latter looked at her. She smiled at her a little, so she looked at Jong Kook, who was looking at them. She smiled at her older brother before she looked at her virtual husband. "Until when will they hurt each other?" she asked Jae Rim. Jae Rim took her hand and said, "It's obvious that your half-brother and your brother are in love with Ji Hyo-noona." "So why don't you convince your sister to let go of Jong Kook oppa?" she asked. "Do you want your brothers to be in a much worse relationship?" asked Jae Rim.

The emcees of We Got Married were shocked with what they have heard. "Omo! Jin Hyuk and Jong Kook are brothers? Much worse, they are both in love with Song Ji Hyo-ssi?" asked Eric Nam, who looked at his co-emcees. Mi Sun's reaction says it all. They know that they are not the only ones who were surprised and will be surprised with what they have just found out. "I thought Jong Kook and Hye Kyo-ssi are an item, and that Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo-ssi are dating? Just what on earth is happening?" shocked about the revelations, Mi Sun, asked.

"Are you sure that you are just concern about my brothers having a fight? Isn't it because of your older sister's wish to marry my brother? Don't you think your older sister is just too selfish to just worry about herself?" asked So Eun which made Jae Rim a bit annoyed. "Ya! So Eun-ssi, don't call my sister selfish. You have no idea what she's going through." upset Jae Rim said. His tone didn't pass the older brothers of So Eun as well as the two estranged women. "So Eun-ah, is there something wrong?" asked Jong Kook, who noticed the situation.

"I just asked Song Jae Rim whether he's really concern about you and Jin Hyuk oppa, and if it is not because of his selfish noona." annoyed So Eun honestly answered. Hye Kyo heard what So Eun told her, and looked at Jae Rim, who looked so torn between her and So Eun. "So Eun-ah, you shouldn't be like that. You have to know that I'll be the husband of her sister." Jong Kook said without thinking. His words hurt Ji Hyo, and Jin Hyuk can no longer take it, so he stood up. His sudden reaction made the people inside the room looked at him.

Onlookers and viewers were all startled to see the ignition between Jin Hyuk and Jong Kook, especially when the actor grabbed the collar of the latter. "Shouldn't you be happy that I'm marrying Song Hye Kyo? You should at least be thankful that you're getting a chance to be back again with Song Ji Hyo." Jong Kook, who was grinning, told him. Screams were heard when Jin Hyuk punched Jong Kook on the face. "Weren't you the one who said that love is compassion and not pity? Then why are you repeating my mistake on not taking the limelight to announce to the whole world on who you really love?"

"Do you think it's just that easy? Do you think Hye Kyo's family will just let our family at peace if I go running to Song Ji Hyo? Don't you think I don't want the world to know that I am in love with Song Ji Hyo? Do you think I can just brag that I don't want to love somebody else when I have already announced that I'm gonna marry someone else?" Jong Kook asked the questions without even pausing, and what took them all by surprise was when Jong Kook added up another question, "Don't you know how hard it is for Hye Kyo and I to be together when I have already promised my love and dedication to Song Ji Hyo ---" he stopped as he looked at Ji Hyo's eyes when he said, "forever?"