The Disappointment

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo's peripheral vision saw Jong Kook's what-the-hell reaction. If she was in his shoes, she'll definitely be devastated to hear the person that she values, trusts, and loves a lot, announced what she just announced to the public. She looked at Gary, who was present during the conference when Jong Kook announced that she's actually his and not Jin Hyuk's. She saw the paparazzo's smile disappeared as well. Gary was about to say something more, however, the media men were surprised to see a familiar man.

Jong Kook was taken aback when he saw his half-brother walking towards where Ji Hyo and him are sitting. Jin Hyuk didn't bother to look at him since he was busy looking at Ji Hyo. He looked at Ji Hyo again, but the woman was trying her best not to catch his eyes. "Ya, Song Ji Hyo -- " he called. "Oppa..." she then called. But she didn't call him, it was Choi Jin Hyuk whom she called that way.

Camera flashes were non-stop when the three of them appeared at the same time on the stage. Gary, who knows the truth, shook his head in disbelief. He looked at Jong Kook, who was obviously flaring up inside. It feels like a fuel has been added to the fire when a beautiful woman walked in. This time, Gary looked at Ji Hyo, who was obviously hurt with the woman's presence. Everyone was in awe when they saw the woman's beauty and elegance. 

The woman bowed at everyone as she introduced herself, "Hi everyone! I'm Kim Jong Kook's soon-to-be wife, Song Hye Kyo." Different reactions were heard in the crowd, and both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were trying to keep their composure. Jin Hyuk put his arm around Ji Hyo's shoulders, and that's enough for Jong Kook to be so mad. He pulled Ji Hyo closer to him, and that gesture didn't pass the rolling cameras as well as the eyes of the audience.

Ji Hyo was quick on the uptake, so she decided to pull Jin Hyuk closer to her. She did that to just make the people believe that Jong Kook has pulled her closer to him for them to have pictures of the four of them. She put her hand on his waist, and her other hand is on Jin Hyuk. Hye Kyo and Jin Hyuk showed them a good smile while Jong Kook and her were just forcing themselves to give everyone a very nice smile.

When the press conference was over, all reporters, including Gary, were asked to leave the said place. The four of them were left all alone. Among them, Jong Kook's face couldn't be painted. "Could you two please excuse us?" asked Jong Kook in a serious tone. I'd like to talk with Ji Hyo alone if you two won't mind." he added. "I think there's nothing to ---" Ji Hyo wanted to say something, but Jong Kook stopped her midway when he said, "I'm not talking to you yet."

Ji Hyo gave Jin Hyuk a look that it's okay, so the actor left the two of them alone. Hye Kyo, on the other hand, was easily convinced by Jong Kook. She saw Jong Kook's fiery eyes, and she knows that he'll let his anger out any moment soon. She was not wrong about it because he confronted her right away. "I thought you were smart, but what was that foolish thing that you have done?" 

Jong Kook realized the harshness of his words towards his woman, but he just couldn't bring himself to apologize. when Ji Hyo looked his way, he commented in all honesty, "You know, if you were an actress, who's acting in a role, with what you've done, fans are sure calling what you did, a noble idiocy." She sighed as she told him, "I'm sorry." "If you are really sorry, you should take back the words you have said." he said as he angrily turned his back against her.

Ji Hyo made him stop walking out by saying, "Then, shouldn't I be sorry at all?" Jong Kook can no longer control his frustrations, so he let it all out by kicking all the chairs that are blocking his way. "Song Ji Hyo! Could you please stop talking nonsense?" Please. Just please." he yelled. She was shocked with how he was frustrated over things, so she just uttered, "This is the only best thing that I can do for you, for me, for us."

Jong Kook smiled at her sarcastically as he commented, "I didn't know that you are that selfish." Ji Hyo tried to convince him that she isn't selfish before she told him, "Don't misunderstand me." "What is there not to misunderstand? It is so clear that you are a selfish one. You just care about your feelings, and you don't even care about mine." he told her in a very disappointed manner.