The Family Members

Spoiler

“It’s me, Jin Hyuk.” said Jong Kook’s half-brother and Ji Hyo’s ex-boyfriend. Jong Kook, who saw his estranged half-brother, looked at his wife. He then looked at Jin Hyuk when he saw Ji Hyo’s reaction. Jin Hyuk looked at him and asked, “Did I surprise you?” He doesn’t know why he didn’t answer his half-brother’s question, but more to his surprise, Jin Hyuk offered his hand for a shake as he said, “You win the game. Congratulations!” He stared at Jin Hyuk to make sure he heard him right, and he was embarrassed to admit to himself that Jin Hyuk was so sincere when he said those words.

“Thank you.” Jong Kook told her former man, Jin Hyuk. She was so touched seeing the two men slowly fixing things. Jin Hyuk smiled at Jong Kook when the latter accepted the handshake. “If I have known it earlier, I should have stood up to where I should have.” told Jin Hyuk in all honesty. “It’s okay. If I was in your shoes, I probably would have done the same.” said Jong Kook. Both men tried to smile at each other, trying to get rid of awkwardness that they are feeling deep inside. Jong Kook lovingly looked at her as he said, “Ji Hyo-ya, this happened because of you.”

“Are you now picking on my sister-in-law?” So Eun then joined the unusual conversation. Ji Hyo was so overwhelmed that her tears streamed down her face without her knowing. “Are you okay?” asked Jong Kook who rushed towards her side. Hee Ae then coughed at Jong Kook’s mushiness. The Kim siblings smiled at one another upon hearing and seeing their mother’s reaction. Their smiles were so bright that Ji Hyo has forgotten the tough times that she endured. She knows Jong Kook has experienced a much tougher period, but she’s glad that their problems are now coming near to end.

“Where’s Dad?” asked Jin Hyuk. Hee Ae was so happy that she couldn’t control her tears, so Jong Kook rushed over to her and asked, “Are you okay?” It feels like déjà vu when Ji Hyo’s witty personality made her do what her mother-in-law did with the same situation earlier – coughing. Hee Ae laughed all of a sudden as she expressed her thoughts, “Song Ji Hyo, I think you really belong with this family. I haven’t mentioned this to you, but I have both of my arms open to welcome you.” Ji Hyo’s face reddened as she said, “Thank you.” With the said happy moments, she was just so loaded with joy.

Jin Hyuk came closer to her. “Congratulations!” he then said. She smiled at him as she replied, “Thank you.” Jin Hyuk’s lingering affection couldn’t be hidden, but she’s happy that he managed to be discreet. She saw Jong Kook’s gesture that it’s okay, and so she smiled at Jin Hyuk again. “I hope I can meet someone like you in the long run.” he then added. “Jin Hyuk oppa, you don’t need to find someone like me. Someone out there is much better than me, someone who’s meant for you. Maybe the reason why our love story didn’t work out is that I’m not the right one for you.” she then said nicely.

“Don’t be burdened. I just want you to know that before I completely tell you goodbye.” Jin Hyuk then said. “Goodbye?” she asked. He nodded his head as he answered, “I have decided to enlist in the military service, so I can remember and forget everything about us.” Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook, who has asked his mother and sister to let her have her own time with Jin Hyuk. She smiled upon seeing her husband’s good manner. When she was left alone with Jin Hyuk, she uttered the words, Ï’m sorry.” Jin Hyuk shook his head as he coolly said, “Love is not a crime, Ji Hyo-ah. So you need not to apologize.”

Meanwhile, two men, who are dear to Ji Hyo, are now having a meeting with Kim Sang Joong and Song Kang Ho. Suk Jin and Jae Suk took courage to organize the said meeting. Now they are all facing one another, Suk Jin and Jae Suk didn’t run the bush. “Jae Suk and I didn’t know that Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are already married, however, it doesn’t mean that we are against it.” said Suk Jin. “We are here to tell you that we are hoping that you will let Jong Kook and Ji Hyo have their lives together – peacefully.”  he then added. Both fathers were just staring when he finished talking.

“How about my dying daughter?” asked Kang Ho. Suk Jin didn’t even pause for a second when he said, “You are not the only one who has a dying daughter.” Jae Suk looked at Suk Jin when he noticed him being serious. “I am not a father yet, but I won’t tolerate my ill daughter to have such ill wishes.” Suk Jin added. “I may sound mean, but Ji Hyo is like a daughter to me, and I will no longer just sit and watch if there’ll be strange things happening again.” Suk Jin then informed them. “Then should I just sit and watch my daughter die in despair just because of her so-called ill wish?” asked Kang Ho.

Jin Hyuk smiled at Ji Hyo after few minutes of talking. “Will it be weird to call me brother-in-law?’’ Jin Hyuk asked. “It’s not weird. It’s awkward.” Ji Hyo answered honestly. “You’re so honest. I should have been like that, too.” commented Jin Hyuk. “Ya! Why are you bringing that one up again?” called Ji Hyo with a much more comfortable reaction. “Ya?”Did you just call me ya?” asked Jin Hyuk again. Ji Hyo nodded as she reminded Jin Hyuk, “I am still older than you, remember?” They laughed, but stopped laughing when Jong Kook suddenly appeared from behind and cutely said, “But I’m the oldest among us three.”

Their blissful conversation seemed to be gone too soon when So Eun shouted worriedly after getting a call. The three people, who were in a love triangle before, came towards her direction to ask what happened. Hee Ae’s worried face didn’t come unnoticeable, so they were more curious about what exactly happened. So Eun, who was so confused on what to do, told them the reason. Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, and Jin Hyuk became stricken when they heard the news. They got back to their senses when Pil Mo and Joon Hyuk blew their cars’ horn. Jong Kook put his muscular arm around Ji Hyo’s shoulder when he noticed her being guilty upon hearing So Eun’s words, “Hye Kyo-ssi has been admitted to the hospital.”