The Price

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook looked at Song Ji Hyo when the woman, whose name is Song Hye Kyo, introduced herself to him. "What is she talking about?" he asked in a confused manner. He remembered that Choi Jin Hyuk is still in the background, so he looked at his half-brother with questions in his eyes. "Actually, I - -" Ji Hyo started to speak, however, she was cut right away when his younger sister, who was already inside the restaurant, appeared in front of them. "Oppa, what's taking you all so long? They have been waiting for a long time." she said. 

Song Ji Hyo looked at Song Hye Kyo, who was still looking at Kim Jong Kook. She can see how mesmerized the woman is. She can't blame her though. To other people, Jong Kook may not be that handsome, but she knows that his charisma is overflowing. She has heard him sang songs before, and it's actually one of the reasons why Hye Kyo likes Jong Kook so much. He looked at her man, who doesn't know that after tonight, the blossoming relationship that they have might actually reach its doom.

"Jin Hyuk oppa..." Ji Hyo heard So Eun calling him. He looked at his ex-girlfriend and smiled. "So Eun and I had a brief interaction before." Jin Hyuk then said to cover the truth. As much as he wants Ji Hyo to know that he's related to the Kim family, he can't bear to see her in a surprised manner twice. He knows that Song Ji Hyo isn't really Song Ji Hyo. Along with the act that Ji Hyo was doing, he was acting on her behalf, too. He smiled sadly as he stared at Ji Hyo, who was unaware of how hard it was, and how hard it is for him. 

"Noona!" another voice from behind yelled. This time, it's Song Jae Rim. He quickly made his way to tightly hug his precious older sister. "I've missed you, Noona. I'm so glad that you're back." So Eun looked at Jae Rim, who was unaware of the glances that all the people, outside the restaurant, are giving him and Hye Kyo. "Noona?" So Eun asked in a very confused tone. Upon hearing So Eun's voice, Jae Rim let go of Hye Kyo from his very tight hug. He looked at Ji Hyo, who was still very surprised at the sudden turn of events.

Jong Kook stared at Ji Hyo again. "Did you just pretend to be Song Kang Ho-ssi's daughter?" he asked without blinking his eyes. Ji Hyo bit her lip as she nodded as a reply. The surprised reactions of the people near them were hard to describe. Their mouths literally opened. Jin Hyuk was surprised that Ji Hyo just answered it coolly even though Jong Kook's words were fiery, So Eun couldn't believe what she just heard for she thought that it's really Ji Hyo whom her brother will be marrying, and Jae Rim looked at So Eun right after the revelation.

"I-I'm sorry." she uttered as she looked at the betrayed reaction on Jong Kook's face. "I didn't mean to pretend." she added. "It's just that I - I - ..." she couldn't finish her words for she eyed Hye Kyo right away. The woman smiled at her, and walked near Jong Kook. "I requested for my dad to ask her to do it. I couldn't make it here yet on that said engagement so I asked my father to have Sung Im act as me instead." told Hye Kyo. Jong Kook smiled at Hye Kyo and asked, "Then, do you think all the feelings that I'll have will not be real? That my feelings can easily changed because she's not the real deal?"

"Kim Jong Kook-ssi, please watch your words." reminded Jae Rim when the first sarcastically talked with Hye Kyo. Jong Kook looked at Jae Rim and said, "Jae Rim-ssi, shouldn't you watch your family's manners first?" Jae Rim glared at Jong Kook to which the latter received with a smile. "So Eun-ah, I didn't know that your virtual husband is like this. Should we stop having you paired with him on that show?" told Jong Kook to So Eun, who is now confused on which side she'll be in. "Oppa, don't be so mean." she then uttered to Jong Kook's surprise.

"Let's just come inside." then told So Eun when he gave her an intense stare. He knows that his younger sister has something special towards Jae Rim now, however, he's not the type of brother who will just tolerate all wrongdoings. He grabbed Ji Hyo's hand as he warned her, "You must pay the price of what you have done." He is still holding her when they reached the table of their families. "Did something happen?" asked Hee Ae when she saw the serious faces of Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, Jae Rim, and So Eun. 

Jin Hyuk and Hye Kyo were left alone outside the restaurant. "Tae Ho-ssi, the world is so small, isn't it?" asked Hye Kyo to Jin Hyuk. "This world doesn't revolve around you anymore, Hye Kyo-ssi." he told her as he turned around. "Won't you be going inside?" asked Hye Kyo. He stopped walking as he uttered, "What's going to happen inside is definitely none of my business." Hye Kyo started to walk towards the restaurant as she spoke, "My heart feels for your pain. Losing someone you love the most to someone that you hate the most."

Ji Hyo was trying to let go of her hand from Jong Kook's grasp, however, the man is way too strong. Hye Kyo then came holding her chest as she searched for some glass of water on the table. "Who is this beautiful woman?" Jong Kook's mother, Hee Ae, asked. "She's the one who'll be marrying Jong Kook. She's the real daughter of Kang Ho, Song Hye Kyo." said Sang Joong, who's aware from the start that Ji Hyo is not Kang Ho's daughter. Sang Joong smiled at Kang Ho, who was smiling back at him. The smile on their faces disappeared when they heard Jong Kook's words.

"I don't know what the hell is going on right now, but I am not that stupid to be married to the real daughter of Song Kang Ho-ssi. I think I now understand why you haven't even called Ji Hyo's name at least once. It's because you know that she isn't the real one." he then said as he looked at his father as he added. "Just so you know, I am not going to give up Song Ji Hyo just because you all might say so." He looked at Ji Hyo and added, "May you or may you not be the real daughter, the price that you need to pay is... -", they all looked at Song Hye Kyo when she dropped the glass of water after he told Ji Hyo, "you have to be with me forever."