The Favor

Spoiler

Everyone looked at Song Hye Kyo after he told Ji Hyo that he wished for her to be with him forever. They all looked at her, but not him. His eyes are still glued at Song Ji Hyo. He let go of a little grin when he realized that Song Ji Hyo isn't really Song Ji Hyo. The woman, whom he's looking at right now, isn't really the woman he thought he knew. But even though the situation is like that, he doesn't know why his heart says that it's okay, that's love. He knows that there must be a reason why Ji Hyo did what she did, and he'll make sure to know the said reason.

"Sung Im-ah..." she heard Hye Kyo calling her name. Hye Kyo looked at her with a very confused expression on her face. She knows that the woman, who just came from the United States, wants to hear her explanation about the things that are taking place now. She couldn't look back at the woman for a long time because she knows that she's guilty. She lowered her gaze, and she could feel another pair of eyes looking at her. Hye Kyo called her name just like how she called her name before, before she went to the so-called Unites States of America.

FLASHBACK.

"Sung Im-ah..." called Hye Kyo with a smile on her pretty face. She smiled at Hye Kyo when she saw her looking at her. "Have you thought about it?" she asked her. She shook her head as an honest reply, and the smile on Hye Kyo's pretty face disappeared. "How can I go to America if you aren't that certain?" she asked her again. She looked at her and asked, "What if he falls in love me for real?" Hye Kyo smiled and answered, "That's not a problem. As long as you keep reminding him that you are a daughter of Song Kang Ho."

She smiled at how Hye Kyo thought of things. "Hye Kyo-ssi, people's feelings aren't switches. You can't just turn it on and turn it off whenever you want to." she then told the woman. "But you have a good man, named Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi, with you. I'm pretty sure that your feelings won't waver." Hye Kyo then told her. "The way you speak, it feels like you know my man." she then honestly mentioned. She smiled at her and answered, "How will I not know? He went on an audition in my Dad's company. It was because of Dad's company that he became famous."

She gulped upon hearing what Hye Kyo just mentioned. It's true that the Song company made it big for Choi Jin Hyuk, her boyfriend of two years now. She knows how Jin Hyuk wants to do his best to be one of the most famous celebrities in South Korea, and she's so thankful for the Songs to have given Jin Hyuk a break. "Can't you do it as a way of showing appreciation for what the company has done for Jin Hyuk-ssi?" asked Hye Kyo to her surprise. She smiled at Hye Kyo once again as she answered, "Hye Kyo-ssi, I think you have mistaken something."

Hye Kyo looked at her curiosly as she asked, "What is it?" She smiled at the daughter of her boss as she directly answered, "It's not because of your company that he has been so popular now. It's because of his talent. But I am thankful for the company since it was able to see his potential as an actor." She noticed that Hye Kyo remained quiet after she shared her opinion. Hye Kyo smiled at her a little and uttered, "I guess I'll just have Dad talk with you." She smiled at Hye Kyo, who is just three-months-and-a-week younger than her.

After a little time, she is now in front of Song Kang Ho, one of the leading business tycoons of the entertainment industry. Song Kang Ho owns the SK company which handles a lot of celebrity agencies and record label - like Distributor, a company that assists in advertising, marketing, and promoting artists, but do not sign them under a contract. Main Unit, a leading conglomerate company. Sister Unit, a compant that grows out from another company, a Sub Unit, a company that was developed under another company, and a Unit, an individual company founder separately; a smaller version of a Main Unit. 

She bowed her head down upon meeting the very infuential man. He's the husband of the ever-loving Oh Yeon Su, an actress who had to stop acting after a short time, so she could marry him. He's also the father of the good looking siblings Hye Kyo and Jae Rim. And like Jae Suk and Suk Jin, who are very dear to her, she is also under his command. The three of them are working for the Song family for such a long time now. "Lift your head." Kang Ho then told her to which she quickly obliged. "I heard something from Hye Kyo." hinted Kang Ho.

She bowed again as she said, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do it." "I said lift your head." ordered Kang Ho. She lifted her head again, and met the powerful man's eyes. "Sung Im-ssi, Hye Kyo has to go to America as soon as possible, however, she said she can't go there if we won't agree to her request." said the man. "You know Hye Kyo is the only daughter that I and Yeon Su have, so I am asking you a favor now. Please comply with my daughter's request. In return, I'll have Suk Jin and Jae Suk's insurance safe until the end."

She looked at Kang Ho, who added, "You know that your two relative-like figures are getting older, right? It will be best to have them insured. I can guarantee of you that." She choked for she knows it's an offer that she can't resist. She sighed for she knows that when it comes to the benefits of Jae Suk and Suk Jin, she will never say no. She was about to say yes to Song Kang Ho, but she was more surprised when he told her, "I'll give you a bonus as well - a road for Choi Jin Hyuk's popularity." Her eyes grew wide for she feels like she just hit a jackpot.

Song Kang Ho smiled at her when she finally agreed to feed Hye Kyo's request. She requested for her to act as Kim Jong Kook's soon-to-be wife while she's in America. She asked how long Hye Kyo will be there, and the woman answered her, "Just a little while. I'll definitely be back, so I can be the bride of Kim Jong Kook." It has been a week since Hye Kyo left, and she just received an order that she'll now take a short course on how to be like his daughter. When she took the courage to ask why he agreed to let his daughter have her act as her, her eyes grew wide upon hearing his answer, "Because my daughter can no longer live... -", and looked at her again as he uttered, "longer."