The Foretoken

Spoiler

Today is the day that Kim Jong Kook has been waiting for. He woke up with a smile when he remembered the smile that was painted on Ji Hyo's face when he told her that they will be wed today. Originally, he wanted to be married to her on Valentine's Day, however, there's a mass wedding that will take place on the said event, so he just chose the day after the said holiday. They told each other good night with a kiss last night, and that's the reason why he's having such a great morning now. He quickly stood up to get himself ready. 

Gary, who was relieved that his article about Jong Kook and Ji Hyo was not published yet, received a call from someone. He answered the early call, and was surprised when he heard what the person, on the line, said. "Namyangjyu?" he asked. "Thank you." he then added. He was about to call someone, however, he stopped as he recalled what Ha Dong Hoon told him, "Hyung, can't you just give Jong Kook hyung a break first? For him, loving like that is his first, so please, as your friend, I beg of you not to ruin what happiness and love he has now." 

Ji Hyo woke up with a big smile on her face. The morning has broken, yet thoughts of her wedding to Jong Kook today still makes her giggle. When she opened her bedroom door, she heard a cough that made her realize that Jae Suk has been waiting for her outside. "You look so radiant, Ji Hyo-ya. Did something special happen last night?" asked Jae Suk. She nodded quickly as an answer. "Did you give up your pearly - - -?" asked Jae Suk in an awkward manner. Long before he could finish it, Suk Jin has hit his head already.

Joon Hyuk, who slept with Kwang Soo in the same room, was surprised to see a text message from Pil Mo. Kwang Soo, who was already awake, saw the surprised reaction on his face, so he asked, "Is there something wrong, hyung?" Joon Hyuk looked at Kwang Soo and told him the reason, "Jong Kook's sister is dealing with a scandal as well." Kwang Soo asked, "What about So Eun-ah? What scandal?" "It was reported that she's dating the actor named Son Ho Joon." answered Joon Hyuk. "Just what on earth is happening to Jong Kook hyung and his family. So weird." commented Kwang Soo.

"What?" both Jae Suk and Suk Jin asked in surprise. "Today?" asked Suk Jin as he tries to confirm what he just heard from Ji Hyo. "Oppa, it's true. I will be married today. At 8:00 PM." she said as she gave the details. "It's just 6:40 AM now, so that means you two still have the chance to prepare for my special day later." she added with a smile. Suk Jin's tears fell due to happiness. "Ah, oppa, don't cry. You'll make me cry, too." told Ji Hyo as she tried to stop her tears from falling. She hugged Suk Jin which make Jae Suk's tears fell as well.

Few minutes after, Ji Hyo is now with the men. They are all gathered at the living room as Jong Kook took the floor to announce their wedding at night later. Kwang Soo and Joon Hyuk were as surprised as Jae Suk and Suk Jin. "Hyung, congratulations!" told Kwang Soo to which Jong Kook accepted it with a smile. Kwang Soo's smile disappeared when he remembered So Eun's situation right now. The disappearance of his smile didn't pass Suk Jin and Jae Suk's eyes. "Ji Hyo and I have to go somewhere for a while. We'll just buy things that we might need later." then told Jong Kook.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were about to leave, but Kwang Soo stood up to stop the man. "Kwang Soo-yah..." called Suk Jin. Kwang Soo saw the look Suk Jin is giving him, and he understood what it meant. "Why?" asked Jong Kook, who noticed that Kwang Soo would like to tell him something. "Ah! I just want to give you these." he then said as he took pictures of him and Ji Hyo from the back pocket of his pants. "You slept with these pictures in your pocket?" Jong Kook asked in a joking manner. He tapped Kwang Soo and said, "Thank you."

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are now outside Kwang Soo's residence. Jong Kook stopped for a moment to take a look at the two pictures that Kwang Soo gave him. "Those pictures are just the same." commented Ji Hyo when she saw the picture. "Kwang Soo is just so funny, isn't he?" asked Jong Kook. "At least he makes you smile. I'm worried that if I might be gone, you just need to have Kwang Soo to make you smile." she whined cutely. Jong Kook wrapped her with his muscular arms as he joked back, "Probably. So make sure that you won't be gone, or else I'll forget you easily." Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook and smiled. She took the other picture, and put it inside her pocket. "You better keep that picture with you all the time, so you won't forget me." she said smiling while looking at him lovingly.

Jin Hyuk, who was just outside Kwang Soo's residence, saw how sweet Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are. Seeing the interaction between the two made him miss Ji Hyo more. He wanted to follow them, but he's too hurt to move his step forward. He just chose to stay inside the car that he rented. He has been inside for a couple of hours now, and was inside for almost an hour and a half more. He can now see Ji Hyo and Jong Kook coming back to the house after the long wait. He was curious to know why the atmosphere suddenly changed between the two.

"What's your plan now, oppa?" asked Ji Hyo upon their return. Jong Kook sighed as he answered, "I have to go back there quickly. So Eun needs someone to be there for her. I don't know if Jae Rim will be enough, but I'd like to be with my sister even just for a couple of hours. I'll be here before 8:00 PM, so please do not worry." Ji Hyo smiled at him and answered, "I know. I'll be waiting for you, so do what you have to do as what an older brother should do." Jong Kook pulled her closer to him, and gave her a kiss on the lips. "Just please explain the situation to them, and let them know that I will certainly be back here in a while."

Jin Hyuk has to close his eyes when he saw how his half-brother pulled the woman, who used to be his. He can see how beautiful Ji Hyo's understanding smile at Jong Kook, and he doesn't know why he feels like he has never seen Ji Hyo smiled at him like that. Jong Kook then waved Ji Hyo goodbye, and as Ji Hyo waved back, he knows that she saw him looking at them. Jong Kook has left the place, and Ji Hyo was still standing at the same ground. He then decided to step out of his rented car, and walked towards where Ji Hyo is standing. 

Ji Hyo's heart stopped beating for a moment when she has confirmed that the man, who was keeping an eye, is indeed Choi Jin Hyuk. Her ex-boyfriend is now stading in front of her. "Long time, no see." he greeted. She gave him a slight bow as a greeting as she asked, "What are you doing here?" Jin Hyuk smiled a little and asked, "Am I not welcome here?" She shook her head as a response. "I was just surprised that you're here even though you're busy with your career." she said making her words etched deeply in Jin Hyuk's heart. 

Jong Kook was surprised when a car suddenly blocked his way back to Seoul. He stepped out of his car, and tried to confront the driver of the said car. While he was walking towards the driver, someone from behind tried to touch him, but his quick reflexes enabled him to defend himself. His surprise was doubled when lots of men tried to come to his way. He kept on fighting back, but someone has hit his injured knee that made him lost his balance and control. 

Due to this, two men were able to get a hold of him as they put a handkerchief with ammonia on his nose which made him feel suffocated. He lost consciousness after a few minutes, so he was not aware that his phone from his pocket has been left on the road while he and his car were taken somewhere else. Ji Hyo, on the other hand, was polite enough to bid Jin Hyuk goodbye. She turned her back against Jin Hyuk, but was surprised when she tripped. Jin Hyuk was quick enough to assist her, but she got nervous when she subconsciously uttered, "Jong Kook-oppa..."