The Preference

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo smiled at the man, named Lee Kwang Soo, when Jong Kook hit him on his head in a joking way. Kwang Soo turned around to see Jong Kook, who was smiling at the tall young man’s mischievousness. “Hyung, why did you hit me in front of her? Don’t you know that first impressions last?” asked Kwang Soo, who was just naturally acting cute in front of them. “Do you want to be hit again?” asked Jong Kook. “First impressions count, but last impressions count more.” reminded Jong Kook that made her realize something. It must be because of that belief that Jong Kook is so consistent in their relationship. Looking at him, poking fun with the tall man, she just let herself smiled big time.

Lee Kwang Soo stared at Ji Hyo again. “My name is Kwang Soo. How about you?” he then said properly. She smiled at him, but when she was about to answer the question, she got confused on what to answer. She has two names, and she doesn’t know why she loves the name Song Ji Hyo more than Cheon Sung Im now. “Are you mute?” asked Kwang Soo, who showed impatience. Because of his naughty behavior, he was hit by Jong Kook again. She knows Jong Kook has realized why she was unable to answer his friend’s question right away. “Don’t scare Ji Hyo like that.” he then told Kwang Soo.

“Ji Hyo?” asked Kwang Soo when he heard Jong Kook spoke her name lovingly. “You’re Ji Hyo-noona?” he asked as he looked at Ji Hyo again. He nodded at her with a smile, and gently tapped her shoulder. “I am thankful of you for giving light in the life of my beloved hyung.” he then said. She smiled at Kwang Soo again as an answer. Kwang Soo then saw Suk Jin and Jae Suk looking at him intently. He then removed his hand on Ji Hyo’s shoulder, and offered himself to help them carry their belongings inside.

While Suk Jin, Jae Suk, Joon Hyuk, and Kwang Soo were busy putting all their things inside their designated rooms, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were busy talking in the kitchen. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo, who was checking the kitchen, so she can start cooking something for them. “What will you cook?” he asked. “Something that you can eat -” she answered and stopped midway. He looked at her knowing there’s more that she’ll say, so she said it with a smile, “healthily.” Upon hearing Ji Hyo’s concern for him over food, he knows that he didn’t make a mistake on giving up his celebrity life at the city. He knows that just as how he loves her, she loves him back the same.

Meanwhile, the Songs and Jong Kook’s family are now in the restaurant where Ji Hyo and Jong Kook met for the first time. The young ones, So Eun and Jae Rim, are so tensed that they can’t look at each other’s eyes as well. “The wedding is off.” told Kang Ho. Sang Joong and Hee Ae were both startled with the news. “Please give it a chance.” said Sang Joong. “What do you mean by giving a chance? How can I give your son a chance to be rude with my daughter again?” said Kang Ho, who is very furious about the situation.

Ji Hyo has memorized where all things in the kitchen are. She saw an apron, and put it on. She smiled at Jong Kook as she said while pouting her lips to point out where Jong Kook should be, “I’ll make you a very good dinner, so just sit there and relax.” Instead of following her instruction, Jong Kook moved quickly to where she’s standing to catch her pouting lips with his lips. Her face turned red when he did what he did, and her face became warmer when she saw the rest of the boys seeing them in the said situation.

“My son doesn’t know.” Hee Ae then admitted. “Ji Hyo doesn’t know that as well.” said Yeon Su. Sang Joong and Kang Ho looked at each other when their wives started talking. So Eun and Jae Rim then looked at each other when they heard the bitter laugh of their mothers. “Your family acting out like Ji Hyo’s the real daughter and our family acting out like we’re the ones who’s above your family wherein fact we were the ones who need help from your family are just like stupid premises in dramas.” commented Hee Ae to which Yeon Su retorts with, “That’s what real and reel stories for celebrities are. And unfortunately, like your family, I share the same history.”

“That’s enough.” Kang Ho then told his wife. “Hye Kyo will not be married to Jong Kook anymore, so forget about the agreement that we have talked about.” he then added. He was about to stand up, however, Sang Joong told him, “How about if we marry Hye Kyo-ssi with my other son?” Kang Ho looked at Sang Joong and asked stoically, “I know that you have another son. But where is he right now? He can’t even show up on a meeting like this. What more in a fixed marriage?” Sang Joong has heard enough, so he shot Kang Ho an unusual stare when he replied, “I’ll take note of that then, Kang Ho-ssi.”

Jong Kook faced the four men as if nothing happened. He smiled at them, and gladly sat on his seat. “Whoa!” reacted Kwang Soo. “How nice it would be to have someone like Ji Hyo-noona for me.” He then looked at Kwang Soo proudly and said, “There’ll never be another woman like her in this world, Kwang Soo-yah. You really should be envious of me since she’s just only meant for me.” He knows Suk Jin and Jae Suk were so pleased to hear the words coming from his mouth as they all looked at Ji Hyo, who was unaware of their conversations since she was so busy preparing food for them.

Kang Ho and the rest of the Song family were about to step out of the restaurant, but they stopped when they almost bumped into someone. The said person bowed at them to apologize, and when the person lifted up his head, Kang Ho was surprised to see his face. “Oh! Aren’t you…” Kang Ho looked at Sang Joong before he finished his question, “Song Ji Hyo’s boyfriend?” Kang Ho’s question made the Kims surprised. “Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi, is that true? Are you Ji Hyo-ssi’s boyfriend?” asked Hee Ae in disbelief.

Choi Jin Hyuk bowed at the Kims and at the Songs to give them his greetings. “I’m sorry I was late. There was a car accident on my way here.” he then told them. “I was Song Ji Hyo’s boyfriend, but thanks to Kim Jong Kook, she’s not mine anymore.” he then answered in a sarcastic tone. Both sides were surprised to know that the world has been revolving narrowly for Kim Jong Kook, Song Ji Hyo, and Choi Jin Hyuk. The two fathers, who were obviously not in good terms earlier, looked at each other and exchanged mysterious smiles.

Almost forty minutes after, the dinner is ready. The men, who were asked by Ji Hyo not to help, were in awe seeing how well she can make food. “Ji Hyo-yah, I think you really can marry now.” kidded Jae Suk to which Suk Jin found so awkward. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook, who was already looking at her before she gave him a signal that he can now sit and eat. When all of them were facing one another in the dining room, Jong Kook said, “I will be busy talking to the people who can help us for the preparations. I will marry Song Ji Hyo anytime soon-“, and made all of them gape when he strongly announced, “this week.”