The Necklace

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were both embarrassed when they saw different people watching them. They just exchanged a kiss, and were very happy about it. Ji Hyo doesn't know why her feelings feel so right even though she knows that she had done something wrong. She promised her love with Choi Jin Hyuk before, however, she seemed to have forgotten everything about it since she has started to feel like she was just nothing to the man. She was surprised when Jong Kook cheered her up by rubbing her shoulders.

She smiled at him, and Jong Kook smiled back at her. Meanwhile, Gary, who was present in the press conference with Choi Jin Hyuk and Kim Jong Kook before, felt something was strange. Last night, he almost hit Jong Kook with his car when he saw Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk at the park together. He was confused as to why the fiance has to leave his fiancee with their best man, so he decided to just chase Ji Hyo and fish for some information. He grinned upon realizing that he totally has a very nice scoop that everyone will be talking about.

Jong Kook took Ji Hyo inside his black car, and introduced him to his personal assistant, Lee Joon Hyuk. Ji Hyo seemed to remember his face so she asked, "Have we met before?" Jong Kook looked at Joon Hyuk, but the latter didn't see it. Luckily, he just mentioned that it was probably at the restaurant where the Kims and the Songs met each other. Ji Hyo seemed to buy it, so he sighed heavily. "Is there something wrong?" asked Ji Hyo when she heard him sigh. "It's a sigh of relief. I can't believe that you are mine now." he then answered.

"Actually, I feel very bad for Jin Hyuk-ssi. I told him that I understand him, but look where I am now. I left him because I want to be with you. How can something so wrong feels so right?" admitted Ji Hyo. Joon Hyuk and Jong Kook looked at each other. "I just did what I did because I just can't pretend that the love is still there if the feeling is gone already." she added. "It will be tough at first, but don't worry, you and I will fight this together. Just promise me that you and I will never every betray each other." told Jong Kook.

"I just did that, right?" asked Ji Hyo when she heard the word 'betray'. Jong Kook smiled at her and said, "That's not betrayal, Ji Hyo-yah." Ji Hyo looked at him and replied, "That's so easy for you to say." Jong Kook was calm when he explained the reason why he thinks that it is not a betrayal. "You were just true to yourself. I don't know if I am in the position to say this, but I really think that if there are no more feelings, there's no sense of staying in a relationship full of pity. Remember that love is compassion, not pity." he reminded.

Jin Hyuk was so disoriented that he was not even ready with his script. There were too many no good (NG) takes that were done, and his co-stars in "Pride and Prejudice" are already getting annoyed. His leading lady, Jin Hee, however, tried to save him by asking a few minutes of break time. Jin Hyuk was still at a loss when he went to a certain room. Jin Hee saw it, so she followed the man. "Jin Hyk-ssi, if you have a problem, you can always tell me. If you need someone, just look around. You'll find me." she then said to the sad man.

The Kim family was surprised when Jong Kook brought Ji Hyo in their house. All of the members of the Kims were looking straightly at her. "Oppa!" greeted the bubbly So Eun to her older brother. So Eun looked at her, and smiled. "I have heard a lot about you." she then told her. "Me, too." she then said for she knows what their common denominator is - Song Jae Rim. So Eun blushed when she heard her response. She can tell that she likes her younger brother. "I heard your show is doing well. Congratulations!" she then mentioned.

Song Jae Rim sneezed when he was at the dining room. His parents are busy doing something, so he just decided to eat alone. "Where's Ji Hyo noona?" he asked the Songs' loyal assistants. "She's with Kim Jong Kook-ssi." answered Suk Jin. Jae Rim looked at Suk Jin when he heard his answer. "She's with your virtual wife's older brother's house." added Jae Suk which made him more surprised. "Does Dad know about this?" he asked the two. "I bet they will be happy with the progress of your sister and your future brother-in-law.

Jin Hee was about to step out of the room when Jin Hyuk uttered, "I lost her, Jin Hee-ah." Jin Hee looked at Jin Hyuk and said, "Some good things never last." She noticed Jin Hyuk's brokenhearted face as he continued with, "Because of my pride and my prejudice, I lost the woman whom I'd like to be growing old with." Jin Hyuk then looked at her and asked, "Isn't it ironic how our drama has a title of "Pride and Prejudice"? Literally or not, I lost the one I truly love. Do you know how painful it is? Seeing someone you love fall for someone else?"

Sang Joong, Hee Ae, and So Eun were shocked when Jong Kook revealed the date of the wedding already. He has planned to get married to her next Christmas. She was also astonished with his revelation. He smiled at her when she looked at him. Jong Kook then stood up and went near his mom. Hee Ae smiled at his son, and happily removed her necklace with a ring as its pendant. She gave it to Jong Kook proudly. He then came back near to where she's sitting, and put the necklace, with the engagement ring of her mother, on her neck.

"Congratulations!" Hee Ae then told her with a smile. Sang Joong gave her a smile, too. So Eun was still blank with the official introduction of her to their family. By saying official, it means, it's due to Jong Kook's will, and not because of a company will. Since she was sitting on a chair, he gave him a half hug in front of his family. Her heart went thumping again when he mentioned the words that are so loving and true, "In front of my family, I do promise you, that I'll be loving you with all my attention, care, love, and time. I will never leave. And remember that, that promise, will officially start now on this - -", as he added, "Christmas eve."