The Condition

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo's eyes opened when she heard some loud chopping sound. Her eyes grew wide as she saw Jong Kook, wearing an apron and chopping vegetables. He caught her looking at him so he smiled as he joked, "You sure know how to sleep well." She looked at the wall clock, and was in agape when she was reminded of the time. She went out to go to the Kim Hotel around seven in the morning earlier, but it is now past ten o' clock at night. She wanted to stand up so she can go home, however, the effect of drinking too much soju, is still kicking in on her.

She just sat down again, and leaned her head on the sofa. Jong Kook glimpsed at her and smiled. "Just wait for a while, I'm making dinner." he then said. She looked at him and said, "Just make sure there won't be any love potion or poison there." Jong Kook smiled back at her and asked, "Do I look that desperate to you?" Ji Hyo then looked at the man as she nodded as an answer. "Ya!" blurted out Jong Kook due to his surprise of the woman's honesty. "Finish that one fast, I'm already hungry." she then told him as she closed her eyes.

Jong Kook looked at her when she closed her eyes. She could feel his stare, and she doesn't know if it's because he likes her or he pities her. Right now, her relationship with Choi Jin Hyuk is on the verge of breaking up, and she's scared that she might open up to the muscular man if he keeps on being good to her. "Ji Hyo-ssi, love when you're ready, not when you're lonely." murmured Jong Kook much to her amazement. "Did he read my mind?" she thought to herself as she remembered what Jong Kook has told her.

Almost half an hour passed, so she now feels better. She sat on one of the chairs in Jong Kook's dining room. Jong Kook has prepared a lot of food for her. Seeing the food, she was so touched. Jin Hyuk has never done this for her. When they were starting their relationship, Jin Hyuk had always been joining auditions that can help him become a star thus making it impossible for them to spend time together. She didn't know that Jin Hyuk, becoming a superstar, will lead to the breakdown of their relationship. "Are you okay?" asked Jong Kook when she didn't answer his question.

He looked at her when her mind was floating again. He asked her if she would like him to cook her dinner everyday when they become a married couple, but silence was the only answer that he received. "What did you say?" she asked. He lied as he said, "It's not that important." Ji Hyo nodded as she said, "Okay then." She looked at the food that he made, and was so happy when she complimented him, "I bet you can be a good house husband." He smiled more when she added, "You can be the best if you'll put more meat than these leafy vegetables." He looked at the samgyeopsal (pork belly) that Ji Hyo is preparing to eat.

Ji Hyo got herself some meat and put it in a lettuce. She rolled the lettuce with a meat, and asked Jong Kook to open his mouth. "Ah --- " she ordered as she opened in front of the man trying to feed him the samgyeopsal that she had prepared. Jong Kook's face turned red, and it didn't pass Ji Hyo. "Aren't you eating this?" she asked to get rid of their awkwardness. "My hand is aching now, hurry, open your mouth." she then reminded Jong Kook. He opened his mouth as ordered, but Ji Hyo smiled as she put the lettuce with meat on .

He was totally in a mental breakdown when Ji Hyo kidded around him. "Why?" she asked cutely. "Your reaction was so funny." she added as she laughed. Jong Kook noticed Ji Hyo's watery eyes as she was laughing. They were both surprised when tears started streaming down her face. "See? Because of your funny reaction, I am having tears of joy." told Ji Hyo, who was obviously lying. He knows Ji Hyo is trying to cover up the pain by smiling. He stood up from sitting in front of Ji Hyo. He sat beside her as he told her, "You can cry, you can cry."

Ji Hyo's head was placed by Jong Kook onto his broad shoulder. She then took it positively, so she cried and cried out loud. He isn't saying a word but was just looking up, listening to her every cry. An hour has passed, and she has stopped crying. He looked at the woman and saw her dozing off again. He was about to take her to the sofa but he couldn't help but be amazed of her natural beauty. She was so pretty when he saw her at the restaurant for the first time, but seeing her more again now, his heart and his mind are going crazy once again.

"I-I'm sorry." he heard her say as she opened her eyes. Her head is still lying on his shoulder but she didn't move a bit. "I know I was mean to you when I got so drunk earlier." she told him as she removed her head on his shoulder. She looked at him and confessed, "I don't know why but I am actually hating and liking you at the same time." She looked at him, and he looked back. "I hate you because you're the reason why Jin Hyuk-ssi and I have become like this, but I like you because you are always by my side whenever I experience a high tide." she explained as both of them realized that she has called her estranged boyfriend in a formal way.

"Do you think you'll be happy if the wedding will be canceled?" he asked all of a sudden. She looked at him and asked, "Why are you asking?" Jong Kook gave a smile and said, "Because you don't have any idea on how much I hate seeing you crying." Ji Hyo smiled at him and said, "Even if I want it to be canceled, my family needs your family. I don't have a choice." Both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo remained quiet for a long time until the latter decided to leave the pad. Jong Kook then smiled as he saw Ji Hyo smiled when she waved her hand at him. 

Ji Hyo was about to go, but he called her name so she looked back. Jong Kook looked at her and admitted, "I actually belived I had a chance with you." She was about to tell something but he added as he pulled her closer to him, "I may not be your first boyfriend, your first kiss, and your first love. That's okay. Because to be honest with you, I want to be the last person that you ever like, ever kiss, ever love." Ji Hyo stared at him intently when he grabbed her close to him. He was surprised when she agreed to consider him in her life in one condition. He asked what it is for he'll definitely do it, but his cute little eyes doubled their size when she replied, "For me not to be guilty giving us a chance and letting you be a part of my life forever, find the reason why Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi is very much too eager to be a famous celebrity."