The Recall

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook was stunned when Ji Hyo mentioned something about his relationship with Choi Jin Hyuk. He looked at her, and he can clearly see how she felt betrayed. "Since when did you know?" he asked. "It has not been that long since I have learned that you two are brothers." she answered honestly. "How did you know?" he asked again. "You don't need to know." she replied.

Ji Hyo can still remember how she found out that her ex-lover is actually her man's half-brother. It was by accident that she learned their relationship. When she asked Jin Hyuk about Jong Kook, Jin Hyuk told her that he's leaving after he has mentioned that Jong Kook's family might be ruined if Jong Kook won't be married to Hye Kyo. She nodded as an answer, and turned her back against Jin Hyuk.

Jin Hyuk turned around after she turned her back against him, however, when she heard Jin Hyuk's phone ringing, she turned around to see him. He answered the call without him knowing that she's just there listening. She listened for almost three minutes when she decided to go back inside the house, but she stopped when she heard him asked, "Do you just expect me to tell her that Jong Kook is my brother?"

"What did you say?" she asked when Jin Hyuk ended the call. Jin Hyuk was so startled to hear her asking a question from the back that he almost dropped his phone. Jin Hyuk turned around to face her and said, "I thought you were already inside." Ji Hyo remained silent as she awaits his answer. Jin Hyuk sighed because he knows that he has to tell her the truth now. "What you heard is true. I am his brother. But not a full-blooded brother, we're just half-brothers."

"It's a long story." Jin Hyuk added. "Make it short - " she said as she added the words, "please". "Can we talk about this things over coffee?" he then asked. She nodded, and the two of them went to a coffee shop. They are now facing each other, and so Jin Hyuk started to share what's the real deal between him and his brother. "We have the same father, but different mothers." he started.

"Truthfully, the reason, why I tried my best to be known in the entertainment industry, is that I want to be welcomed in their family. The Kims are famous celebrities, right? So I assumed that if I have become as popular as them, there might be a chance for me to be welcomed as a member of the family. It's weird how I wanted to be a member of it even though my heart is not in it." confessed Jin Hyuk.

"My heart has always been with you, Ji Hyo-yah. Even before I have trained myself to call you Ji Hyo instead of Sung Im. However, I was blinded by my revenge to get back to their family for causing such pain to my mother - my only family. I didn't know that I have lost a pebble just because I wanted to get stones that I can throw to their family. Jong Kook-ssi and I have been rivals since I was born, and it became worse when you entered the picture."

"But why didn't you tell me that when you had the chance?" she asked Jin Hyuk, who was opening his heart a lot today. He shook his head as he replied, "Even if I do, I know that it's already late for me to do that. You have given your heart to someone else, and I have to pay the price of losing you because I was so focused at something else." he answered sadly. With his answer, her tears fell down.

"I didn't tell you these things for you to feel sorry. At first, I really wanted us to have one more chance, but what's the use of trying if I'll just see you crying with me, right? I now believe the saying that it's not true that you don't know what you have until you lose it. I realized that this one is true: You always knew what you had, you just never thought you'd lose it." Her tears were streaming down her face non-stop, so he told her not to cry as he handed her the tissue. 

Jong Kook got worried when Ji Hyo remained expressionless. She was blank for a couple of minutes, and her eyes are just looking into his eyes. He was about to get near her when she caught him by surprise when she said, "I think you and I barely know each other." Jong Kook smiled sadly at her and he said, "Although it's strange that I barely know you, I hope that even if I accept my fate to be with her, you won't just end up as a - " He stopped to give her a tght hug as he said, "beautiful stranger."