The Talks

Spoiler

Ji Hyo can no longer control the words of Jong Kook, so she answered, "Aren't you the one being selfish? You know that Hye Kyo is dying, and that she only wants you to take her as your bride, not as your wife, is that really hard to do?" Jong Kook retorts, "And because she's dying, you'll let her have me that easy? You'll just give up, and give way to your former boss's daughter? Is it the real reason? Isn't it because you just wanted to go back to your former lover? So that you two can start things over?"

Jong Kook was left speechless when Ji Hyo's hand landed on his cheek. "I didn't know that you have such a low disregard of me. And yes, because my former boss's daughter is dying soon enough, I'm letting her have you easily. Not because I'm giving up on you, but because I trust you that much. That our love for each other will remain even if we have to keep ourselves refrained. But what did you just think of me? --" she stopped her words midway.

So Eun was seen crying when the news of her older brother being engaged to Hye Kyo has been continuously aired non-stop. Jae Rim was just looking at So Eun with a blank expression. He doesn't know know why he felt so sad now that his older sister will be married to the person that she truly loves. So Eun and Jae Rim were supposed to film for their "We Got Married" stint, however, the production crews have just decided to postpone it.

Suk Jin and Jae Suk were drinking soju at Jong Kook's pad. "I was so surprised." said Suk Jin. "She has given the reasons, Hyung. We should just trust her." said Jae Suk. Suk Jin shook his head as he uttered, "How about Kim Jong Kook? Do you think he won't give up on Ji Hyo?" Jae Suk shook his head as he said, "I doubt Jong Kook will ever have a change of heart." Suk Jin and Jae Suk both sighed heavily as they drink their alcoholic beverages again.

Ha Ha looked at Gary, who was very quiet. "Hyung, is there something wrong?" he asked. "Your friend's woman suddenly turned the tables around." answered Gary."What do you mean?" Ha Ha asked. "Didn't you see the news?" asked Gary. "If I did, I wouldn't be asking you." answered Ha Ha. "She lied to the public. She said that she's Choi Jin Hyuk's girlfriend, and that Kim Jong Kook is off to-be-married to that woman named Song Hye Kyo." said Gary to the ever-curious Ha Ha.

Ji Hyo was just looking at him with hurt in her eyes, and she knows that he's hurt, too. He couldn't understand a thing since Ji Hyo isn't saying what's on her mind. "With what you did, it will be impossible for us to be together peacefully anymore." he reminded her. "Even without doing that, our relationship won't be peaceful, either. That's why I did what I did, so both you and I can have a peaceful life." 

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo. This time, his fiery eyes have become more gentle. He's no longer that angry when Ji Hyo slapped him hard. Her slap made him get back to his senses. "You know that I have never been this hurt." he confessed to Ji Hyo making her eyes watery. "But even if I can't understand a thing, I know what this means." he added. "I know this means we might be over." murmured Jong Kook.

Ji Hyo shook her head when she heard him say those words. "We won't be over even if we are apart." she said. "We don't need to tell to the whole wild world that you and I are together. You have to save your company and your family. That's what matters." she added. Jong Kook came closer to Ji hyo, and pulled her closer to him, so he can give her a hug. Ji hyo returned the hug, and they both remained quiet in each other's arms.

Hye Kyo smiled at Jin Hyuk, who was looking at her. "Jin Hyuk-ssi, if a bird fell in love with a fish, do you think those two have a chance together?" she asked. "Do you think a fish can fly with fins?" he asked in return. "But a bird can remove its wings." told Hye Kyo. Jin Hyuk and Hye Kyo stared at each other for a long time before Hye Kyo broke the silence by asking, "Am I that pathetic?" Jin Hyuk smiled at her a little as he said in a sad tone, "You and I aren't pathetic ones. I think we just have to learn to accept that love can't change what's not meant to be."

Jong Kook tapped Ji Hyo's back while hugging her. He felt the warmth of Ji Hyo's tears on his shoulder when he told her, "This is just temporary." "Do remember that I'll take her as my bride, but not as my wife. If that is indeed what you want me to do." he added. He felt Ji Hyo giving him a nod as answer, and when it was her turn to speak, she removed herself from his hug, and said, "As you take care of my former boss's daughter, I'll make sure that I'll do my best to take care of... -" she stopped trying to control her tears from falling when she added, "your half-brother."