The Aftereffect

Spoiler

A lot of people were surprised seeing Kim Jong Kook walking outside the Kim Hotel. The people, who were surprised to see him, were also curious why he's following a certain woman - it's Ji Hyo. He doesn't mind the people looking at him, and he doesn't care if he will be pictured or will have a video with his future wife. He knows that Ji Hyo is having a hard time accepting Jin Hyuk's answer in the press conference earlier. He didn't think that his sincere smile, as he sends of the couple earlier, would be taken against him by Jin Hyuk as well. 

Meanwhile, Jin Hyuk was the only one left in the said room. His eyes are on his phone's wallpaper. It's Ji Hyo, looking at him. He was the one who took that picture three years ago. He remembered how many times Ji Hyo have opened up with him, yet he remained secretive about his personal life. His finger slowly rubbed his phone's screen, and he smiled sadly when he remembered what she said before she went out of the room after the press con, "Jin Hyuk oppa, maybe you and I need to be apart for a while, so we can see each other smile again."

Ji Hyo didn't care even if she knows Jong Kook is following her. She didn't even mind when a lot of people run towards where Jong Kook is walking. Her mind is set on what she has told Jin Hyuk earlier, "I thought you would fight for me. I guess this is only the farthest that we could be. When your star shines the brightest, remember that even when you were just a mere dust, my love for you was the deepest." She didn't know why she has spoken those words. All she thought, at that time, was she meant nothing to the man. And it hurts her a lot.

Jong Kook involuntarily smiled when Ji Hyo went inside a small eatery. The customers of the said eatery, as well the people who were following him, stopped as he signaled them to. The fans are very much happy to oblige as they watch him, watch the unknown woman, in their eyes. "Who is she? asked one of the fans. "Is she Jong Kook-ssi's girlfriend?" asked another one. "How can that be? They are not even sitting together." told another one. "Maybe they are in a relationship but they fought so their situation is like that." commented another one.

Ji Hyo ordered six bottles of soju, and she was about to finish the sixth one. She feels so numb that the bitterness of the said alcoholic drink didn't affect her. It's like she feels so thirsty, and she needed to drink more soju to clench her thirst. Like how she drinks water when you feel very thirsty. She wanted to order another bottle of soju but doesn't seem to open. She then decided to stand up so she can order one again, however, the effect of the alcohol has started to sink in. She felt so dizzy that she almost lost her balance. Good thing, a man was able to catch her up.

"This is like watching a drama. Kim Jong Kook-ssi is so cool. He should have been an actor instead of a singer." said one of the fans, who is still looking at what the famous Jong Kook, is doing. The fans saw him paid the crew, and piggybacked the woman. Jong Kook then hurriedly stop a cab, and asked for the driver to drive to the Songs' house. Ji Hyo, whose head is now on Jong Kook's shoulder, heard it. "I don't want to go home." she said. "Don't drop me off at home, please." she requested. Jong Kook then nodded and decided to bring her to his own pad.

Jong Kook assisted Ji Hyo as she feels so dizzy. He knows that she's obviously drunk, so he didn't mind her, looking at him from his head to toe, when he placed her on the sofa. He noticed that Ji Hyo looked at his eyes as she asked, "Are you happy now?" He got confused at her question but didn't speak any word since he is aware that she is drunk. "Are you really happy now?" she asked again. "Are you really really really happy now?" she asked another one while her voice is raising a tone. She smiles weirdly as tears dropped on her face.

"Ji Hyo-ssi, I think you are mistaking me for someone. I am not Choi Jin Hyuk. I am Kim Jong Kook. Do you hear me? I am not Choi Jin Hyuk, I am Kim Jong Kook." he told her. Ji Hyo, looked at him and she smiled, showing her perfect set of white teeth. She tried to sit properly as she tapped the seat next to her many times as she said, "Oh! Kim Jong Kook-ssi! Please sit here. Sit here beside me. Hurry!" Jong Kook didn't hesitate to sit down when he was asked by the woman. He, as well as Ji Hyo, who became dizzier, are now sitting beside each other for the first time ever.

Jong Kook's face turned red when Ji Hyo puts her face near his face. She touched the sides of his eyes as she commented, "Your eyes are very small." Ji Hyo then touched his nose as she she said, "Your nose is pointed." She then touched his shoulders and chest to his surprise. "Ya!" he then called when he felt a sudden electricity again. Ji Hyo just stuck out her tongue before she said, "You are so masculine." She smiled at him, so his heart has started to have a fast beating. His heart thumped more when Ji Hyo suddenly hugged him as she listened to his heartbeat. 

He heard Ji Hyo's chuckle as she enjoys listening to his racing heart. "I knew that your feelings for me is like this." she said. She said as she tightened her hug to him. "It's a such a nice feeling that you are here with me now. Your hug is so warm, can you hug me tighter?" she asked. He smiled at Ji Hyo's request, and gave her a very tight hug. He saw that Ji Hyo's eyes are almost closing, but she still managed to uttered softly, "Why don't the two of us marry each other sooner? That way we can get to know each other better. With that, I won't even think that you're a stranger." 

Jong Kook looked at the drunk Ji Hyo. Just as how a quotation-minded person that he is, he remembered that a drunk person usually says what's really on his/her mind, so he smiled big time when he heard that the woman has the same thoughts with him. His unusual happiness is overflowing now. He looked at the woman, who mentioned two more words before she fell into a deep slumber while hugging him tight, when he was about to agree that they should get married sooner. His eyes closed to hide his reaction even though no one can actually see what he felt when the woman called him - "Jin Hyuk-oppa..."