The Resolution

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo sighed as a relief when Hye Kyo smiled at her when she hurriedly ran towards where the latter is staying. Her bright smile made her teary, but Hye Kyo shook her slowly as she said, "Don't feel bad. It's not your fault." She stayed blank when she heard her talk, so Hye Kyo made a gesture for her to smile. She forced herself to give her a smile because she can't deny the fact that she's really feeling guilty inside. Upon realizing what Hye Kyo's smile and gesture mean, she quickly embraced her and said, "I'm really sorry."

Jin Hyuk stared at the three individuals. He knows that all of them have a point, and when Hye Kyo looked at her, he hoped that she was able to read the words that his eyes were saying, "Hye Kyo-ah, love is like the sun and the star. We can't touch both of them. Like those two." Hye Kyo perhaps read his words by just looking in his eyes since she said that she's like a falling star. Ji Hyo wanted to be released by Hye Kyo's hug, but the latter tightened her hug to her as she said her apology again. "Ji Hyo-ya, I'm sorry."

Jong Kook saw the sincerity of Hye Kyo's smile when his wife hugged her. Hye Kyo noticed him looking at her, so she gave her a smile as she tapped Ji Hyo's back. "It feels so warm." commented Hye Kyo as she gazed at him. He smiled at her, and nodded his head. "I feel like a falling star who has finally found her place." Hye Kyo then said. His smile disappeared with the words she said. The words felt like something bad will happen, so he shook his head as he told her, "Everyone is a star, and everyone deserves the right to twinkle."

Unknown to the three, Kang Ho heard all the words. And when he heard those words, he was on the line with Jong Kook’s father. He told the man’s father that he will now agree to what Sang Joong is asking. He moved an inch forward to see her daughter, and he saw her hugging Ji Hyo while Jong Kook and Jin Hyuk were looking at them. A smile was formed on his face seeing the said view. He decided to just turn around to give the four of them some moments. Joon Hyuk and Pil Mo gave him a bow when they saw him.

Few hours after, Hye Kyo bid the three of them goodbye. She smiled as she saw the happy faces of Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, and Jin Hyuk. “Hye Kyo-ah,” called someone. She was surprised to see Jin Hyuk looking at her. “Fighting!” told the man. She smiled sweetly as she said, “Don’t look at me like that. I might divert my feelings to you.” Jin Hyuk returned the sweet smile as he said, “Then I will be waiting.” He waved goodbye before he turned around when she said, “So please wait for me.” Jin Hyuk stopped upon hearing, so he turned around as he replied, “So make sure you’ll continue living.”

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were blinded by the flashes of the camera. They were shocked to see the sea of people outside the hospital. A lot of media men were trying to take a photo of them together as a married couple. Their surprised reaction didn’t last long when they smiled at each other as a sign that they are now open to the public. Jong Kook held Ji Hyo’s hand as they moved to where their car is. They smiled at the people who are looking at them as they waved their hands. Jong Kook assisted Ji Hyo to ride on the car first, and he gave them a bow before riding the car.

“How are you?” asked Jong Kook to his wife when the car started moving. “I’m happy.” she answered. “I feel so glad that Hye Kyo and I are now okay, and that everything is going to be fine, that you and I can express what we feel towards each other in front of the people openly now.” Jong Kook held Ji Hyo’s hand and rubbed it. He then said, “Finally.” Jong Kook saw Ji Hyo’s smile, so he put her head on his shoulder as they get ready to go to where the other Kims are. It didn’t take an hour for them to get to the Kim’s residence, and upon arriving; they were surprised to see more faces.

“We’ve been waiting for your arrival.” told Sang Joong. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked at the Song family members, who are looking at them. They bowed at them, so the Songs bowed, too. “Kang Ho and I have agreed to keep the deal.” said Sang Joong. “But instead of you and Hye Kyo getting married, we’ll let your sister marry Jae Rim.” added Sang Joong. Jong Kook looked at his younger sister, who was so over the moon, when hearing the announcement. Ji Hyo looked at Jae Rim, who can’t stop smiling. She looked at her husband who was already looking at her, so they exchanged smiles.

“When is the wedding?” Jong Kook then asked. The parents of Jae Rim looked at him, so the young actor answered, “As soon as possible.” Jong Kook then smiled at him as he offered his hand, “Then please do take good care of my younger sister.” So Eun looked at Jong Kook and said, “Oppa, don’t be like that to Jae Rim.” Kang Ho and Yeon Su smiled at the loving daughter of Sang Joong and Hee Ae. “I regret that I didn’t allow our sons and daughters to be this happy sooner.” said Kang Ho that made all of them quiet. “It takes two to tango, Kang Ho-ya. This is not entirely your fault. Don’t feel so sorry about it.” Sang Joong then answered.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo can tell that the atmosphere between the two families has changed. Ji Hyo then gave Jong Kook a hug, so Jong Kook took a glance at his precious wife. Their faces are just inches away, so Ji Hyo tried to pucker up her lips. And because that gesture is a way of saying that a person is ready for kissing, Jong Kook didn’t let go of the chance to kiss her. Their sweet interaction didn’t pass the people around them. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook shared a kiss for moment, and when they realized that the noisy crowd has turned into a quiet one, they were embarrassed to see that all eyes are on them.

Because of embarrassment, the two of them weren’t able to talk for a while. Good thing, Jae Suk and Suk Jin arrived at the Kims’ residence. The reaction of the two older men about them being quiet was so funny that they all laughed at the same time. Then they got a bit emotional when Jong Kook grabbed the opportunity to say, “It might have took us a lot of time to be this open and close to one another, but I am not feeling any regrets about what had happened. In this chapter of our lives, I hope that every one of us has learned the lessons well. With the two families of us becoming closer, and with the upcoming marriage of my younger sister to you,” he stopped as he addresses Jae Rim, “Ji Hyo and I wish you well.”