The Incident

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook closed his eyes upon hearing the sad result of what happened to him earlier. He wanted to let Ji Hyo know what exactly happened, but he can see the pain in Ji Hyo's eyes when she smiled at him as she told him that he was twenty one minutes late for their church wedding. He opened his eyes again, however, he doesn't know why he can't look her in the eyes anymore. He sure is feeling guilty of what happened to them right now, and he knows that he won't be able to take it if he sees Ji Hyo's sad eyes because of him again.

Ji Hyo looked away when she let go of a sigh. That sigh was audible that even Suk Jin and Jae Suk kept their mouths shut when they were about to say something to Jong Kook. She looked at the two older men and said, "I'm sorry that we can't walk the aisle tonight, Oppa." Jae Suk and Suk Jin nodded at her as a way of saying that they understood why. Ji Hyo helped herself by fixing her wedding gown. "Let's go." she then said to all of them. She looked at Jong Kook, who was looking at Suk Jin and Jae Suk in a very apologetic manner.

Silence ensued them. No one dares to talk as Joon Hyuk drove them back to Kwang Soo's place. They are inside a van, which was rented by Kwang Soo earlier. Ji Hyo is sitting beside Jong Kook, however, the couple has been very silent all throughout the ride. Jae Suk, who can no longer take it, looked at the couple and asked, "Ya! Kim Jong Kook, what the heck happened to you?" Jong Kook looked at Jae Suk and uttered, "I'll explain in details when we get home." "You make sure that your explanation is worth listening to, otherwise I'll have to spank you." warned by the oldest man in the car, Suk Jin. 

"Thank you." said Sang Joong, who smiled after hearing the call. So Eun looked at her father as she asked, "Are you happy now?" Sang Joong shook his head as he replied, "Because of your older brother, I have to be like this." So Eun smirked as she talked back, "I have never thought of having a father being like that." Sang Joong looked at her as he warned, "You should know how to respect your father." "And you should know how to respect your sons and daughter." answered So Eun that made Sang Joong slapped her face real hard.

"I didn't know that my watch has been showing me time that is three hours late than the real time." explained Jong Kook while looking at Ji Hyo's reaction. She isn't looking at him, and it pains him. "I never thought that I'd be late for the wedding." he added. "Ji Hyo-yah, I'm sorry. Can't you look at me, so you can feel and see how sorry I am?" he asked. Ji Hyo then looked at him and said, "It's no big deal, so no need for you to be that sorry." He can feel that something in the air has changed. It's as if the words of Ji Hyo came from her nose, not from her heart.

"So Eun-ah!" called Hee Ae as she saw Sang Joong slapped her daughter. "What do you think are you doing with my daughter?" asked Hee Ae. "She's my daughter, too!" reminded Sang Joong. "Remind your daughter to learn how to respect her father." he told his wife. "Mom, can you please remind him that he should at least care more about his family and not just his company?" requested So Eun to Hee Ae as she gave her parents a bow before leaving. "So Eun-ah!" called Hee Ae when she stepped out of the living room.

Suk Jin, Jae Suk were shaking their heads when they were asked by Jong Kook to leave him with Ji Hyo for a while. Kwang Soo and Joon Hyuk didn't hesitate to oblige when the man asked all of them to let him talk with Ji Hyo for a moment. Jong Kook looked at his woman, who was still not looking at him. "What are you thinking about?" he asked. He repeated his question when she didn't answer him. Ji Hyo looked up and said, "I think it is going to rain tomorrow." "Are you mad at me?" he asked. Ji Hyo just glanced at the window and answered, "No, why do you think I'll be mad at you when you didn't make it on time for the wedding?"

"I'm sorry." said Jae Rim to So Eun, who was so stressed about what's happening between their families. "I'm sorry, too." she then said. "What for?" Jae Rim asked. "My brother isn't in love with your sister, and I don't think he'll be able to love your sister." said So Eun. Jae Rim looked at her as he said, "It's not your sin to have your older brother be in love with someone else." So Eun looked at him and said, "But she's definitely not somebody else in my brother's life, and now I am also feeling sorry for him since his relationship with her might be ruined."

Jong Kook saw her sighed again. He can no longer count the times on how much Ji Hyo has sighed, however, he can definitely tell that the atmosphere between the two of them has definitely changed. She looked at him all of a sudden, and that made him surprised. "Is there something wrong?" she asked him. "I should be the one asking you that." he said. She smiled at him, but she stopped smiling when she asked, "Are you really sorry that we didn't get the chance to marry?" He was taken aback with her question, so he wasn't able to answer.

Ji Hyo gulped when she saw Jong Kook's surprised reaction. She definitely knew what's on his mind. She is very much aware of the reason on why Jong Kook was unable to attend their church wedding. Earlier in the morning, while she was talking with Jin Hyuk, she received a call from Jong Kook's phone. She answered the call with a smile, only to have her smile disappeared when the person, on the other line, said, "I'm afraid that you should be ready to have your heart shattered on the ground if you wish to see your man, Kim Jong Kook, safe and sound."