The Proof

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo was quite nervous when she heard Jong Kook's words earlier when he said that they will be going to a place where he can fully claim her as his wife, and now she was so touched that the place he's referring to is where his family is. She bowed after Kim Jong Kook gave his family a bow. They are now bowing in front of his parents, Sang Joong and Hee Ae. Jong Kook assisted her when they finished the traditional greeting. She was so nervous to look at her husband's parents' eyes, but she still managed to do it.

"Don't you know the risk that this family has to take because of your confession?" asked Sang Joong. She lowered her head and said, "I'm sorry for being honest." Hee Ae looked at her and asked, "Will you stand by my son's side through thick and thin?" She looked at her mother-in-law and replied, "That's what I have promised him when we got married. A promise is a promise. It should never be broken." Hee Ae smiled at her and said, "Did you have a hard time? We should get to know each other more as in-laws." 

Jong Kook smiled at the gesture of his mother. He didn't know that things could have been this easy. His father was on his way to go near him, but his phone rang. He saw the look on his father's eyes, and when his father looked at him, he was surprised with his question, "Are you really that in love with Song Ji Hyo?" He smiled at his father and happily responded, "There's no doubt that I am so in love with that woman, Dad. I have never imagined myself with anyone else, but her. Only Song Ji Hyo, Dad. I am so in love with her, my wife."

Sang Joong smiled at him as he nodded his head. His father answered the call and was shocked to know that it was Song Kang Ho on the other line. "Kang Ho-ssi..." called Sang Joong, who is now very formal. Jong Kook's smile fade away upon hearing the sudden change of his father when he heard him said the words, "My son, Kim Jong Kook, can no longer marry your daughter, Song Hye Kyo. He's a married man already, and Ji Hyo is now a member of our family. I guess I just really have to give up the company, so I'm sorry."

After the call, Sang Joong looked at him and said, "Even if there's no company, I wish we all could still be very happy." When Jong Kook was about to comfort his father, Sang Joong stopped him. "I'll just go outside. I'll get back to you later." told Sang Joong. He smiled a little at his dad and said, "I don't know if this is the right time to say this, but I have never thought of you giving up the company, so hearing it makes me feel like we are indeed a family." Sang Joong nodded at him and turned around, but stopped walking out when he said, "Thank you, Dad. I love you."

Ji Hyo was still shy when Hee Ae looked at her. She prepared some coffee for her, and she doesn't know why she's still feeling so nervous. "Here you are." told Hee Ae as she offered her a cup of coffee. "Thank you." she said in a polite manner. Hee Ae sat in front of her and said, "You're a tough cookie." Her face blushed upon hearing the said compliment. "A strong person like Kim Jong Kook should really be with a kind and strong person like you. I have no doubt that you are such a good woman."

"That's too much to say, -- " she stopped midway because she doesn't know how to address Jong Kook's mother. "You can just call me mom." said Hee Ae, who noticed her sudden hesitation. Ji Hyo's eyes got watery upon hearing what the older woman has said. "Thank you for accepting me in your family." she then said. Hee Ae smiled at her as she said, "Those who are very dear to my children are also dear to me. So, don't worry about everything, and just live happily with my son. I am so sure that the two of you are pretty much in love."

Kim Jong Kook leaned closer to the door when he heard his mother’s question to Ji Hyo. He has been standing for a couple of minutes listening to the heartwarming conversations that his mom and his wife are having. Hee Ae asked Ji Hyo how she was able to register their marriage by herself. He noticed Ji Hyo’s shy smile. When Ji Hyo answered his mother’s question, he was reminded of that special day. He hit his forehead with his palm upon realizing that he has overlooked that kind of thing. He smiled again, and the depth of the source of his smile is very evident on his face.

“We got married at a private wedding hall in the morning, and when we were on our way to Kwang Soo’s house, we talked about the registration of the said marriage. We were kind of arguing whether we should register it right away or wait for us to get married at night, but truthfully, part of me was so excited to be his wife legally, so when he received a call from Hye Kyo, and he excused himself, I asked Kwang Soo to be one of the witnesses for me to be able to register the marriage right away.” Ji Hyo said as she smiled remembering the surprised look on Kwang Soo’s face.

“It was just so good that that morning was so in favor of us. He stamped the wedding certification at the wedding hall, your family’s registration can be seen online, and Kwang Soo’s dad was also free that time, so I asked him to be one of the witnesses, too. I don’t know how I was able to complete those things, but it was just so good to be true. I didn’t mean to keep it from him and to our family, but I didn’t want to complicate things further, so I decided to just keep it. I even asked those who knew to keep it as a secret first. If I have known that saying it will make things less complicated, I should have said it then.”

“Oppa, are you crying?” So Eun asked to everyone’s surprise. Jong Kook didn’t know that he shed tears because of his vast happiness. Hee Ae and Ji Hyo were startled to see Jong Kook’s eavesdropping on them. So Eun looked at the three of them, but got worried when she remembered something. “O-oppa, actually, when Jae Rim gave me a ride, I saw someone contemplating whether he’ll enter the house or not.” told So Eun. “Who’s that someone?” Jong Kook asked, and when So Eun was about to answer, Jong Kook gave Ji Hyo a look when the person bravely decided to come in, “It’s me, Choi Jin Hyuk.”