The Chat

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook, who was totally unaware that she's aware of what happened to him. When he looked at her, she looked away. She recalled how that caller made her worried about her man's safety. She heard Jong Kook excused himself to talk with Suk Jin and Jae Suk, but she was bombarded with so many thoughts, so she was not able to reply. She just saw Jong Kook's back facing her, and long before she could say a word, his back is no longer visible. She sighed for the nth time and she sadly uttered, "I'm sorry for being silly, Jong Kook oppa."

She remembered how she excused herself from Choi Jin Hyuk when the woman called her using Jong Kook's phone. It was Song Hye Kyo who called her. "Why do you have his phone?" she asked curiosly. "I heard you two will be married at eight o' clock later." said Hye Kyo, who didn't answer her question. "I'm afraid that that thing might not happen later." added Hye Kyo. She then repeated her question on how she was able to get a hold of Jong Kook's phone, so Hye Kyo answered her, "I'm on his car right now, and we are actually together."

"Are you out of your mind?" she asked Hye Kyo. "I'm afraid not." Hye Kyo answered. "What's wrong with you?" she then asked in a calm voice. "I'm dying." responded Hye Kyo. "That's why you should learn how to live well." she told the daughter of her former boss. "That's what I am doing right now. I am just taking back what you owe me." Hye Kyo then said. "Jong Kook has never been yours from the start. You were just a substitute." reminded Hye Kyo. "Hye Kyo-ssi, I think you should be saying that in front of a mirror, but I'm afraid you have to exclude the last sentence." she said trying to control herself from getting upset.

"Have you checked your Kakao Talk message?" asked Hye Kyo all of a sudden. "I sent you a photo there. Please check if you do care." added Hye Kyo. She quickly checked her phone, and was very alarmed to see Jong Kook sitting on a different car in an unconscious state. She also saw that his hands were tied with a rope, and so she asked Hye Kyo on what she's up to. "Do not misunderstand me. I came all the way here to protect Kim Jong Kook. You know how powerful my family is, right? They can do anything that they want to." answered Hye Kyo.

"Are you okay?" asked Jin Hyuk, who was listening to her from the time that she started talking to Hye Kyo. She put her hand on the air as a signed for him to not come towards her. "Are you with  Choi Jin Hyuk?" asked Hye Kyo. "Wow! Song Ji Hyo-ssi, your beauty is really fatal." commented Hye Kyo in a sarcastic tone. "Hye Kyo-ssi, you know that I'll totally lose against you when it comes to beauty." she then said. "Well, that's reality." said Hye Kyo. "And Kim Jong Kook is not the man for you. That's the reality." she then replied to Hye Kyo's annoyance.

Hye Kyo was speechless when she knocked her out with her reply. She was facepalming upon realizing that she's stooping low, but she can't just keep quiet when it comes to Kim Jong Kook. She loves him so much that she won't allow them to be apart. She knows Jong Kook will never give her up, and so she has decided not to give up on him as well. But this time, it was her, who became speechless when Hye Kyo mentioned that it's actually Kim Jong Kook's family, who needs her family. That Song's family being in need was just a way for her to agree on the agreement.

"You're lying." she said when she thought that it was ridiculous. "I am not a writer nor a storyteller." answered Hye Kyo. "Why don't you ask Choi Jin Hyuk beside you? He knows a lot about Kim Jong Kook's family. If you ask, I don't think he'll tell a lie." added Hye Kyo. She looked at Jin Hyuk, who was just looking at her. "If I give Jong Kook up, my father will definitely not care about your man's family. I think you know how much Jong Kook and his family love their company, right?" told Hye Kyo. "Talk to Jin Hyuk, and call me back in ten minutes."

Ji Hyo was in panic when Hye Kyo ended the call. She tried to call back, but Hye Kyo turned the phone off. What she didn't know is that Jong Kook was put in another car, and Hye Kyo was on Jong Kook's car. Hye Kyo stared at the men in black, and her stare was enough for them to understand that they shouldn't lay their fingers on Kim Jong Kook. Hye Kyo then whispered to herself, "Jong Kook-ssi, until when shall I wait for you to notice me? I'm afraid that this is the only way for us to be together. And with me dying, I know that you won't hate me forever."

Jin Hyuk was so stunned after hearing Ji Hyo's question. "How did you know Jong Kook's family?" she asked again when he didn't say a thing. He looked at Ji Hyo, who's waiting for an answer, so he coughed and touched his head a little before saying, "Kim Jong Kook is actually my ---" She was about to hear his answer, but the actor's phone started ringing. Ji Hyo nodded her head as a sign that it's okay for Jin Hyuk to answer the call. Jin Hyuk turned around when he answered the call. He looked around and saw a familiar person, watching him and Ji Hyo talking.

Kwang Soo, who was still outside with Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo, can feel that something is up. He looked at where Jin Hyuk is looking, and gave a sigh when Pil Mo was seen. Kwang Soo can tell that Pil Mo knew what's going on, so he called Jin Hyuk. When the call's over, Ji Hyo was reminded on what Hye Kyo has told her on how she should prepare her heart shattering when she heard Jin Hyuk's answer, "It's actually true that Kim Jong Kook's family needs Hye Kyo's family. If Hye Kyo's family won't be able to help, they will lose all the stocks, and their company might result to bankruptcy. And all of their assets will be gone and ruined, including their own –“ Jin Hyuk stopped at the very last moment. And when he uttered the last word, she knows that he definitely knows that it is what she'd like to have and the thing that she will never wish for others to be broken - "family."