The Confrontations

Spoiler

"Are you perhaps going to remind me that Jin Hyuk and I are brothers?" he asked Ha Ha upon seeing his stare at him. Ha Ha nodded his head for him to know that he's right. His facial expression became serious again when he said, "We are not fully related though. We just happened to share the same father." Ha Ha looked at him when he opened up something about his family again. Ha Ha knows that even though Jong Kook's family is probably the wealthiest family in the entertainment industry as well as one of the most successful ones in different kinds of business, his relationship with his family is very much complicated.

Song Ji Hyo smiled at the paparazzo who was taking her pictures. She bowed at the man as she hurried herself out of Ha Ha's restaurant. "Who is that woman?" asked one of the VIP customers. The paparazzo shrugged his shoulders off when he realized that he didn't know the woman. He just took a picture of her since she was so pretty in her red dress. The paparazzo then saw Choi Jin Hyuk and he doubled time to get pictures of him. Jin Hyuk was very worried that Ji Hyo's pictures might have been captured on photos. If Ji Hyo's pictures surface online, it might bring complications to their relationship and his career.

"I bet Ji Hyo-ssi doesn't know that you two are siblings." Ha Ha then said to Kim Jong Kook. "Obviously." Jong Kook answered Ha Ha. His phone rings, so Ha Ha gave him a signal that he'll be back to where his customers are. He nodded as he answered his phone. "So Eun-ah, are you already home?" he asked. So Eun answered yes and she asked him where he is, so he answered, "I'll be on my way home now. I didn't realize that it's this late already." So Eun ended up the phone call upon telling him to take care on his way back to their house.

Lee Pil Mo stopped the car in front of Song Ji Hyo when she was waiting for a taxi. Ji Hyo easily recognizes the car so she opened up the car's back seat door and let herself in. She stills feel suffocated so she opened the car's window. A few minutes later, Jin Hyuk rode the same car. Upon seeing Jin Hyuk's signal, Pil Mo took out the headset of his mp4 player so he can listen to the music while the couple are talking. That way, he won't be able to listen to the private conversation that the couple are having. Jin Hyuk looked at the silent Ji Hyo as he apologized, "I'm sorry, Ji Hyo-yah." 

Little do those three know, Jong Kook witnessed it. He looked away as he started to reach where his black car, who is ironically the same like Jin Hyuk's, was parked. He's now on the driver's seat, and was reminded of Ji Hyo's image when he saw the passenger's seat. From his car, he can still see his half-brother's car. It is still not moving. If there's a certain person that he hates in the world so much, it is Choi Jin Hyuk. Whenever he sees Jin Hyuk, he's always reminded of the time that his mother suffered becaused of his father's secret affair with Jin Hyuk's mother. He hates that he is the fruit of their betrayal. He then started his car's engine as he let himself out of the place.

"Jong Kook-ssi will never be your husband. I know that it will definitely never happen." said Jin Hyuk in an affirmative voice. Ji Hyo looked at Jin Hyuk as she asked and said, "Can you tell me why there was such hatred in your eyes earlier? I didn't see that side of you. If I don't get married to Jong Kook-ssi, I'm afraid I have to think twice before I get married to you." Jin Hyuk couldn't say that Jong Kook and him are brothers. The reason why he can not say it to her is that he just never wants to say that they are blood-related, half-brothers to be exact.

Ji Hyo felt so hurt when Jin Hyuk let go of his stare at her. "Oppa..." she called trying to give Jin Hyuk a chance to redeem himself in her eyes. Jin Hyuk sighed as he uttered, "Jong Kook-ssi is my rival, and I hate seeing him. I hate seeing him with you more, and I hate seeing him existing in the world the most." Ji Hyo was very surprised at Jin Hyuk's message. "Oppa, are you just being jealous that's why you are like that? Or, is there even another more reason for that?" she asked curiosly. "I'm sorry but I just don't want to talk about it."

Jong Kook arrived home pretty late. All his family members must have been sleeping now. He went straight to where his room is but was surprised when he sees someone calling him. It's Ha Dong Hoon. "Why?" he asked. "Hyung, Ji Hyo-ssi's picture has surfaced online." informed Ha Ha. "What?" he was surprised upon the new. "What? Why? How?" he asked continuously. "What did you say?" he asked again upon hearing Ha Ha's reply. "What's the name of the publishing site?" he asked. He ended the call with a thanks as soon as Ha Ha answered his question.

"Joon Hyuk-ah, can you please call your brother for me? Tell him that I need to know Jin Hyuk's number." he ordered Joon Hyuk, the brother of Jin Hyuk's driver, Pil Mo. Pil Mo, on the other hand, is still driving for Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk so he is not aware that his younger brother is calling him. He still has his headset on but he now removed it since they have reached the woman's house already. Jin Hyuk got out of the car first so Ji Hyo can go out. He held Ji Hyo's hand as he told her, "Please do not misunderstand me. I am just doing this... - " 

"Jin Hyuk-ssi, I don't know if it's just me but I right now I am feeling so empty. Don't tell me things that you don't want to say in the first place. You have left me hanging for so many times already. I think I am not myself today, so let's just talk when we are both okay, okay?" she then said as she let her disappointment show. Jin Hyuk knew something was off since she called him by his name. She turned around at Jin Hyuk and quickly made her way into the house of the Songs. She heard Jin Hyuk's car left, and so she sat down at one of the stoned stairs to breathe in more air. She then remembered what Jin Hyuk told her in the car as she closed her eyes when she inhales air again.

Pil Mo then saw Joon Hyuk's call so he quickly returned the call. Joon Hyuk told him what he needs so he asked Jin Hyuk if he can give his number to Jong Kook. Jin Hyuk then told Pil Mo to just give Jong Kook's number. He'll be the one to call. A minute later, Jin Hyuk was able to get the number of Jong Kook. He called the man in a not-so-good mood as he asked, "Why?" His eyes grew wide upon hearing that Ji Hyo's picture has surfaced online. "Guess what the captured picture is... should I send it to you?" Jong Kook, on the other line, asked.

Jong Kook's face was so serious even when he just sent a picture of Ji Hyo showing that she's sitting on Jin Hyuk's car. The window was down, so he thinks that one paparazzo, from the group of the VIP paparazzi, was able to get her image. Jin Hyuk asked him how could such thing happened but then he was cold as he answered, "It's because of your carelessness. If you didn't jump into conclusions earlier, things could have gone smoother." Jin Hyuk told him to clean up the mess since he's so great at clearing up issues. "Did you just say that Ji Hyo-ssi's trending captured image is a mess?" he asked.

Jin Hyuk is calming himself since he doesn't have a choice but to have Jong Kook help him clean everything. He just doesn't care about his career, but she's more worried of Ji Hyo. However, although he likes Ji Hyo better, in his mind, there is this goal that he needs to achieve. And that is to let the legal family of his father knows that he and his mother aren't trashes. That in this world, he didn't choose to be his illegitimate son, so he will make sure that those members of the family, who criticized him and his mother, will see how the world is no fun.

"Jin Hyuk-ssi, I think I want to have another job." Jong Kook then said as he heard how Jin Hyuk wanted to get rid of the situation instead of fighting for it. He remembers how Ji Hyo fights so hard for her relationship with her man, but seeing his half-brother does things like this, makes him want her more as his woman. "I think I would suit Ji Hyo better as her man, don't you think?" he asked his half-brother. He smiled sarcastically when Jin Hyuk reminded him that they can never be together as long as Jin Hyuk and her are together since Ji Hyo will not easily give up on them, and even if Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo broke up, he knows that Ji Hyo will never have feelings for him.

Jong Kook then offered Jin Hyuk some advice, "Ji Hyo-ssi shouldn't be treated as a woman that needs a man, Jin Hyuk-ssi. She should be treated as a woman, that a man like me, needs." Because of his advice, Jin Hyuk's voice has gotten deeper and more serious as he replied, "No matter how much to try to break us apart, remember that you and her will never be together." He heard more of Jin Hyuk's thoughts as he mentioned that this is just a prologue, and that the real story, among Ji Hyo and the two of them, will just start tomorrow.

Jin Hyuk sounded so differently now, and he is assuming that the man has now come to his senses. He doesn't seem to be the Choi Jin Hyuk, who sounded like he'll give up Ji Hyo, for his career. He smiled to himself as he can now have a fair match with his half-brother. Jong Kook then openly accepted as he said, "Don't worry, I'll do my very best to get her. Let's see who'll be the best man to win then. Let's find out who will hold on and who let go - - ", he was about to call him Choi Jin Hyuk but he stopped midway so he can call him on his real name, "Kim Tae Ho."