The Constant Star

Spoiler

Ten years after.

Jong Kook rubbed Ji Hyo's back when the latter got emotional. She looked at him, and so he smiled. It has been years since they got free from the controversies, and now they are actually present at their child's birthday party. The reason why his wife got emotional is their child's video message to them. Their child is actually the birthday celebrator, however, he managed to organize a scene like that for them. Truthfully, he wanted to cry, too. "You can let it out." said Ji Hyo, who was just waiting for him to show his emotions.

He smiled at her and said, "You know that my tears won't just flow in front of the public." Ji Hyo smiled at him as she said, "Tough men do cry." Jong Kook remembered something about crying, and her face turned red when he asked, "Should I made you cry like how I did it ten years ago?" She hit her husband in an embarrassed manner as she remembered that ten years ago, they made love, and had their only child named Seung Jong. Speaking of Seung Jong, he was looking at them with a very bright smile on his face.

"Ji Hyo-ya!" called Suk Jin. "Oppa!" she answered the old man's call cheerfully. "Long time, no see." said Jae Suk, who still goes where Suk Jin goes. "Congratulations on your son's birthday." greeted Suk Jin as they handed them their gift for Seung Jong. "Thank you." replied Jong Kook. "Uncle, thank you!" shouted Seung Jong who is looking at them from afar. "What is he doing there?" asked Jae Suk. "That kid is so capable." Jong Kook commented proudly. "So whom does he take after, you or you?" asked Jae Suk who pointed him and Ji Hyo, respectively.

"Oppa!!!" called a familiar voice. Jong Kook knew who exactly the caller is, so Ji Hyo smiled at him when she saw him shook his head. "So Eun-ah..." he then said as he walked towards her way. "Ya! Don't run." warned Jae Rim when his pregnant wife approaches her older brother. "Did you shout at my sister?" asked Jong Kook. So Eun and Ji Hyo smiled at each other because they know that their husbands are very similar to each other. Both women shook their heads when the two men exchanged bows.

When Jong Kook and Ji Hyo saw how Jae Rim looked after So Eun earlier, they were reminded of the multiple events that had happened ten years ago. That year, the Kims and the Songs have agreed to let So Eun marry Jae Rim, to let Jin Hyuk go with Hye Kyo to the United States for her treatment, and for the two of them to be together peacefully. For the past ten years, they have been in a bliss. But this year is giving them more happiness because they can clearly see that time has healed all wounds. Scars may be present, but all of them are open to just forgive and forget everything. They all have chosen to move on, and be happy.

"Finally! My grandparents are here." exclaimed Seung Jong. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo smiled when they saw the two fathers and the two mothers happily talking while entering the venue of their child's 10th birthday party. Kang Ho patted Ji Hyo's head as he greeted her congratulations. Hee Ae and Yeon Su gave her a peck at the same time making Seung Joon giggle aloud. "Happy Birthday to Seung Jong. I hope he'll have a sibling soon." told Hee Ae which made Jong Kook and Ji Hyo shy. "You two look like university students when you are both embarrassed like that." kidded Yeon Su, which made the two older women laughed.

Sang Joong went to greet his grandson directly. He approached him with open arms, and Seong Jong was happy to greet him. "Harabeoji," called Seong Joong. "Thank you for coming." Sang Joong smiled at the young child as he said, "You're like your father when he was just a kid." Seong Jong smiled and said, "Too bad my mom didn't see him as cute as I am when they were young." Sang Joong shook his head as he replied, "There's nothing to feel sorry about. Although they were never able to see each other when they were young, at least they can see each other as they grow old."

Jong Kook looked at the nice view of his father and his child. The relationship that he had with his father was never that smooth, but since he became a father, he realized that a father's care is incomparable. He smiled as he walked towards where the two are, however, before he reaches the place, Seong Jong screamed again, "Uncle!" All of them looked at where the child is looking, and they were all surprised to see Jin Hyuk and Hye Kyo happily walking side by side.

"We aren't late, are we?" asked Jin Hyuk, who gave his older brother a handshake. Jin Hyuk held Hye Kyo's waist as they greeted the members of the Songs and Kims. There were no awkwardness among Ji Hyo, Jong Kook, Jin Hyuk, and Hye Kyo now. "Even if you two were, it's still better late than never." commented Jong Kook. Jin Hyuk and Hye Kyo smiled as they gave them a card. "What's this?" asked Jong Kook. "Open it." said Jin Hyuk. Everyone opened the card, and was happy to see the content.

"You two are getting married?" asked Jong Kook. Jin Hyuk smiled at his half-brother as he nodded as he joked, "Well, I was just forced." Ji Hyo looked at Hye Kyo, and when the woman looked at her, she told her, "Congratulations!" Hye Kyo, who seemed to be better now, smiled at her and said, "You, too." Everyone received the news well, so Kang Ho spoke lovingly when he said, "I know that you are such a good man. I hope you won't be tired of loving my precious daughter."

Hours have passed, so Ji Hyo felt a bit tired of entertaining the family members. She's not complaining with what's happening because she knows that things are going smoothly now. Jong Kook sat beside her and touched her calf. He massaged it as he said, "Thank you for giving me such a good son, and for giving me such a happy life." She asked, "Did you eat something? What's with you today?" Jong Kook kissed her on the lips as he replied, "Seeing you like this makes me fall in love with you more and more. My love for you just keeps growing."

Little do they know that their son is secretly recording a video of them. The rest of the family members were smiling at him upon seeing his mischievousness. "What's your wish, Seong Jong?" asked Sang Joong. "I want a sister or a brother. Will I get one soon?" he asked making everyone else surprised. So Eun just broke the silence by saying, "I'll give you a cousin soon. Your cousin will meet you first before your sibling, okay?" The young boy smiled upon hearing So Eun's message as he said, "Thank you."

The birthday celebration is about to end, so they all requested for the married couple to give Seong Jong a message. Jong Kook took the microphone as he said, "I'm just happy that I have such an adorable, charming, and loving son like you. You are very precious to me and your mother. The love that your mother and I have for each other is well-represented by you. Always remember that your mother and I love you. Happy Birthday, my son." Seong Jong gave him a flying kiss which everyone found so cute.

As the families bid goodbye, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo feel so happy and proud of what they have been through. They know that there was never a point in their lives that they were regretful. Seong Jong is now sleeping soundly, and the only ones awake are them. Jong Kook held Ji Hyo's hand and told her that they should now take a rest. Not long after, they are now hugging each other on the bed. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook when she said, "Thank you for the love and everything."

Ji Hyo is facing him but she's already asleep due to tiredness, so he smiled as he carresses her face when he said before giving her a kiss on the forehead, "Didn't I tell you about people are like stars? That there are millions of them out there, but only one makes your wishes come true? I feel like you are that star for me. You gave me the reason for my being. So always remember that my love for you is like the North Star. In a changing world," He turned the lights off as he finished his sentence with, "it is always constant."