The Acknowledgement

Spoiler

Both Kim Jong Kook and Choi Jin Hyuk were startled when they saw Song Ji Hyo shaking her hips with a smile. Both men knew that she shook her hips so that the people won't put any malicious thinking about the intense exchange of stares and warning the two had earlier. Kim Jong Kook saw Ji Hyo's gentle way of shaking her head in front of Choi Jin Hyuk. He can see Ji Hyo,looking at the rising actor's eyes, clearly. He doesn't know why but he feels envious of the man behind him. He then noticed Ji Hyo's hand touching Jin Hyuk's hand gently as she gave the said actor a smile. A minute later, he heard the sound of Choi Jin Hyuk's deep sigh.

Song Ji Hyo bowed at Choi Jin Hyuk to the fans' surprise. She bowed at the fans, too. Kim Jong Kook was even more surprised when the woman clung her hands around his muscular arm. He looked at Ji Hyo, who is already looking at him. He saw Song Ji Hyo's bright smile at him for the first time, and he totally was smitten. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, can we get out of here now?" she asked in a gentle manner. He knew that there's something off but he didn't mind it. Ji Hyo, who's still in pain, leaned on him for help. The two of them started walking out of the restaurant to avoid further unexpected events.

Kim Jong Kook can see the couple's exchange of stares. He and Ji Hyo are now outside the restaurant while Jin Hyuk is still standing inside the restaurant. Ji Hyo's eyes seem watery, and he didn't know why his hands suddenly touched the woman's shoulder to assist her. He brought her into his black car, and they are now inside it. He's sitting on the driver's seat while she's sitting on the passenger's seat. The two of them are not talking, and he is now starting to get annoyed at himself for not having skills in making a conversation.

"Thank you." she said as she looked at the man whom she will be marrying pretty soon. Kim Jong Kook looked at her feeling satisfied of what he did but then his smile became invisible when he heard her additional message, "You saved my Jin Hyuk-oppa." He forced a smile and said, "It's not a big deal." Because of his reply, Ji Hyo smiled at him again as she said, "I'm glad that I was wrong to think that you're a very rude person." Upon hearing her compliment, he felt like butterflies were in his stomach. "Thank you." he then said while the two of them exchanged smiles. 

"My name is Kim Jong Kook, and I would like you to get to know me more as much as I want to get to know you more." Song Ji Hyo shook his hand when he offered it for a hand shake. He felt electrified as he felt the warmth of her hand. She smiled at him as she asked, "What's there for us to know?" Kim Jong Kook looked at her as he answered, "How our feelings would grow." Song Ji Hyo choked upon hearing his reply. She asked and replied, "What feelings are you talking about? There won't be any feelings involved between the two of us."

Kim Jong Kook smiled a little as he said and asked, "Don't deny things, Ji Hyo-ssi. Don't you know one of the famous quotations in the world?" Song Ji Hyo shook her head with a curious smile so he gave her the said quote, "What's strongly denied becomes strongly desired." His answer made Ji Hyo's smile disappeared. He knows that it's because of Jin Hyuk's denial of his relationship with her. She looked away and closed her eyes as she spoke the words, "Please drop me off at the nearest subway station." He looked at the woman who leaned her head on the seat as she closed her eyes, and so he started to drive his personal car.

Song Ji Hyo was shocked when she opened her eyes. She knew that she's inside Kim Jong Kook's car earlier but now all she can see is a very manly room. She looked at her left side, and saw a lampshade. Only then that she realized that she's on the bed. She quickly checked her body, and was relieved when her short red dress is still on and zipped. She hurriedly stood up to leave, but her troublesome knee is still in a not so good situation. "What's wrong with you? Why are you getting unwell?" she asked aloud while looking at her wounded knee. 

Kim Jong Kook heard her questions, and so he came near her as he said, "You're already awake. I didn't know that you sleep that well. I woke you up many times but you weren't waking up. I thought you must be sleepy and tired so I brought you here at my own pad." Song Ji Hyo glared at him as she asked, "Don't you know how disrespectful that act is?" He was surprised at her glare, and so he answered in an exasperated tone, "Then should I just have kicked you out of my car because you weren't waking up?" "That could have been better." she snapped as she tried to stand up, however, her knee seems to be against her today.  

Song Ji Hyo almost cursed when she couldn't get up. He smiled upon seeing how impatient the woman is. He then carried her and put her on the sofa. He left her sitting there much to her annoyance. However, he saw the look of appreciation on her face when he got back to her with a first-aid kit on his hand. He opened the kit, and looked for the things that he needs. He put out a cream, a bandage, and a tiny piece of cloth. He stood up to get a glass of water, and got back again to cure her wounded knee. "What do you think are you doing?" she asked as he touched her knee. He smiled bitterly upon remembering the same question that Jin Hyuk asked him earlier.

"Can you please use your eyes before you open your mouth? You aren't blind, are you?" said Jong Kook in a serious tone. Ji Hyo was surprised with the sudden change of Jong Kook's voice. He then hid his smile upon noticing Ji Hyo's sudden awkwardness. He dipped the cloth on the glass of the water, so the wet cloth is now on Ji Hyo's knee. He's holding it as he cleans her knee. When it was clean, he put some cream on it. When it's done, he puts on some bandage. "Next time, don't wear some footwear that you are not comfortable with. Looking at your legs up close, I can tell that you're fond of wearing running shoes." he then told her while still making sure that the bandage will not be off her knee.

Song Ji Hyo can actually see Kim Jong Kook's face up close. She's sitting on the sofa, and he's curing her wounded knee while sitting on the floor. She's looking at what Jong Kook is doing to her knee carefully. She's mentally unaware of how close the distance, of their faces, is. She admits that she doesn't know why she finds it odd to be mad and glad at the man at the same time. Seeing him close, she can say that the muscular man in front of her is not that hateful. "Say, Kim Jong Kook-ssi, why are you being kind to me?" she then asked. As soon as she finished asking, Kim Jong Kook also finished treating her wounded knee.

Kim Jong Kook heard Song Ji Hyo's question as soon as he ended treating her injured knee. His small eyes seemed to be unseen when he smiled at the woman cutely. He raised his head enough for Song Ji Hyo to be aware of the close distance between their faces now. His head is up, and her head is down. Their eyes suddenly became glued at each other when Jong Kook didn't fail to answer Song Ji Hyo's question as he replied, "Let's just say that I fell in love with you... - " he stopped as he continued his sentence inching his face much closer to her face as he spoke the words in addition, " - at first sight."