The Scandal

Spoiler

Jong Kook put the palm of his hand on his forehead when his upcoming wedding was revealed on national television. He was warned beforehand that this could happen, and he was still trying to contact people who can help him get rid of the said scandal, however, he failed to do so. Right now, the news that he will be wed to an heiress has been circulating round the town. He quickly pressed the off button of the remote control to spare himself from hearing the said rumor about him.

Ji Hyo, on the other hand, was surprised when the news of Jong Kook’s wedding to Hye Kyo was announced online. She has expected that the said scandal would be released anytime soon, but she didn’t know that it could be this soon. Luckily, her conversation with Yeon Su has been over for a couple of hours already, so she can now freely sigh heavily. She smiled while looking on the television screen. She was surprised when someone from behind asked her, “It is very hard to date a celebrity, isn’t it?”

Gary and Ha Ha were both surprised with what they saw on TV. Gary was just about to release the article that he has just finished writing, but another scandal has already been out. “Dong Hoon-ah, am I hearing it right? Kim Jong Kook will be married to an heiress?” Ha Ha looked at Gary and answered, “You obviously know something, so why do you have to ask me?” Gary looked at Ha Ha and smiled joyfully when he uttered, “I think my article would be a double hit now that that said scandal has been released.”

“Oppa…” called So Eun. He looked at his younger sister and asked, “Why?” So Eun hugged him as she apologized again. “It’s my fault that you’re under the spotlight now.” So Eun said softly. “How many times do you have to apologize? Once is enough for a wise man.” reminded Jong Kook. She then told him, “I feel guilty because your relationship with Ji Hyo-eonni might be affected because of my carelessness.” Jong Kook smiled at the kindness and sweetness of his younger sister, so he patted her head and said, “Did you just call her eonni (older sister)? Hearing that from your mouth is enough for me not to get mad.”  

Ji Hyo was about to answer the question, however, her phone started ringing. She smiled thinking that Jong Kook has called her already, but was surprised when she was greeted by Jin Hyuk on the other line. “Have you heard about it?” he asked her. “About him getting married to another woman?” she asked. “That’s not a rumor. That’s a fact.” she then added. “The people will not take it lightly, so it will be hard for you to be close to him now.” Jin Hyuk reminded her. She smiled at how thoughtful her ex-boyfriend is, so she kindly told him, “I actually don’t give a damn about haters as long as Jong Kook and I have each other.”

“Can you at least be more sensitive?” Jin Hyuk asked. She bit her lower lip when she realized how mean she was to her ex-boyfriend. She has forgotten that Jin Hyuk is still not over her, so she felt so shy about her not-so-good behavior. “I’m sorry.” she uttered. Jin Hyuk was about to say something else, but she knows that he ended up the call due to embarrassment. She sighed and hit her head with her hand when she remembered how mean she was with him. “Jae Rim-ssi, I hope you won’t experience hardships when dating a celebrity.” she then answered the younger man, who asked her the question earlier.

“Not answering?” asked Joon Hyuk to Jong Kook, who is now sitting inside the car. “The line’s busy.” he answered. “Just please drive me to her place.” he then ordered nicely. Joon Hyuk smiled at him as he quickly followed his instruction. He closed his eyes as he thinks of the possible remedy to the scandal that was spread out online and offline. Someone is calling him, but he didn’t check who the caller is. He just answered the call with his eyes closed. “Hyung, there’s another problem.” he heard Ha Ha’s worried voice.

Ji Hyo smiled at Jae Rim when he told her, “Noona, even if it you were just a fake noona to me, I consider you as one.” Her smile disappeared when he added, “But you know how much I love my real older sister, right? I’d do all that you want me to do, so please just let my noona be next to the man who’s been loyally loving you.” Jae Rim’s tears fell down his cheeks, so she hugged him as she said, “I am not a teacher, Jae Rim-ssi. I cannot teach my heart to just surrender, and I just can’t teach his heart to just let go.”

Ha Ha left Gary for less than ten minutes to attend some customer concerns. However, he felt that something is weird about the atmosphere. Gary looked at him with a strange smile on his face. “Hyung, did you do something?” he asked the man, who is just a year older than him. Gary shook his head and said, “Dong Hoon-ah, I’ve changed the foreword of the story.” “Huh?” he asked when he got confused. “Ji Hyo-ssi is the spoiler, but she’s just a spoiler, not the entire story.” Gary then stood up and gave him a jokely salute with a smile on his face before he stepped out of his restaurant.

“All has been packed.” Jae Suk told her in front of Jae Rim. She looked at Jae Suk and Suk Jin, who gave her a smile as an assurance that they’ll be okay. The three of them have decided to just leave the house, so the issue about Ji Hyo’s relationship with Jong Kook won’t be put in question anymore. All eyes are on her, so Suk Jin told her that they should leave now. She gave them a bow just as Jae Suk and Suk Jin put out their big bags. They were about to step closer to the gate when the loud breaking news on TV was heard. She noticed that Kang Ho, Yeon Su, and Hye Kyo ran towards her direction with a stare that could actually break her into million pieces.

“Ji Hyo-yah, why is your picture being shown on TV?” curious Jae Suk asked. “I-I don’t know.” she answered in a nervous manner. “That’s like ages ago.” she added. Hye Kyo smiled at her upon hearing her name being linked to Choi Jin Hyuk. She unconsciously smirked not knowing whether she should be angry at her or she should pity her, so Hye Kyo slapped her face without her knowing it. “What do you think are you doing?” Jong Kook suddenly yelled from behind to the surprise of all the people inside the Songs’ residence. He quickly grabbed Ji Hyo’s hand, and pulled her close to him. When Hye Kyo held his arm gently, he faced the woman and said, “Let go of my hand-”, and added the words in a pressed tone with a glare, “-before I lose myself to remind you where you exactly stand.”