The Confirmation

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo was surprised with her sudden confession. She never meant to break Choi Jin Hyuk's heart, but she can't just fool herself anymore. She knows there's no such easy way to break someone's heart, but she's aware that honesty is the best policy. Jin Hyuk looked at her with such sadness in his eyes. She looked away for she can't bear to see the man that she used to love. "When you feel like coming back, please do remember that my arms are open wide. They will welcome you, and I promise when you do, I'll tell the whole world about you." Jin Hyuk, trying his best not to weep in front of her anymore, told her.

Kim Jong Kook happily ran towards Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk's direction when he got Jae Suk and Suk Jin's approval. However, he stopped his way towards them when he saw Jin Hyuk hugged Ji Hyo, and Ji Hyo returning back his half-brother's hug. He can actually see Ji Hyo's face full of tears. The two of them didn't know that he was around since they are very serious about their discussion. He saw Jin Hyuk kissed Ji Hyo on the forehead, then on her nose, and when he was about to kiss Ji Hyo on the lips, he quickly turned around and walked away to spare himself from pain.

Ji Hyo covered with the back of her hand, making Jin Hyuk kissed her palm. "I'm sorry, I don't think I can accept your kiss anymore." she then told Jin Hyuk. "Those two kisses that you have made will probably be the last ones that you'll give." she said to him again as she added, "because this will be the last time that they will be received." Jin Hyuk, who was trying his best not to cry, shed tears upon confirming the breakdown of his relationship with the only woman he has loved aside from her mother. He turned around after he said, "Remember that if things won't do well with you and that Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I'm always around, waiting."

Almost three days have passed, however, she has not heard of Kim Jong Kook. She doesn't know his phone number, and she doesn't know why the man has stopped appearing in front of her. She bitterly smiled when she realized that she has been fooled again. She thought that Jong Kook could be as persistent as he is, but it seems like it was just a lie after all. She wanted to throw her phone on the ground, but Jae Suk was able to snatch it away from her much to her surprise. "What's wrong with you, Ji Hyo-ssi?" asked Jae Suk in a concerned way. 

Ji Hyo answered that she has not received a message from someone yet. "Is it Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" asked Jae Suk. Her eyes grew big when he got it right. Jae Suk smiled at her and asked, "How can you receive a message from him if he doesn't even know your number?" Ji Hyo shook her head and asked, "Shouldn't he researched about my number if he's really interested with me? He's from a very powerful family so why don't he just ask someone to get to know my number? Won't it be that easy?" Jae Suk smiled at Ji Hyo, who was still whining. 

"Didn't you see each other at the park three days ago?" asked Jae Suk. "At the park?" she asked curiosly. Jae Suk nodded as he mentioned, "Ji Hyo-ssi, Jong Kook-ssi is very much interested with you that he wanted to pull you away from Jin Hyuk-ssi when we dared if he can really fight for you." "I didn't know that. I didn't see him that time. We never met at the park." she then said continuously. "Calm down, Ji Hyo-ssi. Maybe there was just a misunderstanding. I think he thought that you and Jin Hyuk-ssi were in good terms again." 

Ji Hyo didn't listen to the words of Jae Suk anymore for she decided to see Jong Kook. She rode a cab, and when she was at the taxi, she realized that her phone was with Jae Suk. Speaking of her phone, it started ringing when a call from an unknown number was being received. Jae Suk heard it, and was quick enough to answer Ji Hyo's phone call. Both Jae Suk and the other man were startled to hear their familiar voices. "Ji Hyo-ssi just ran out of the house." said Jae Suk. The man was about to put down the phone but then he informed him that perhaps Ji Hyo is looking for where she could possibly find him.

Jong Kook quickly prepared himself to meet the woman when he heard Jae Suk's message on the phone. He was supposed to call Ji Hyo that night but he suddenly dropped his phone when he was almost hit by a car while crossing the street. He wanted to call her on the second day, but he got a pretty busy schedule so he was not able to do it. And now, he wanted to talk with her but her phone was with Jae Suk, and he doesn't know how to contact her. He thought that it is impossible for her to look for him, so he didn't expect more. 

Ji Hyo doesn't know how to contact Jong Kook, so she decided to just go to the Kim Hotel. She wanted to see the man, and scold him for making her miserable for three days. She felt like God has answered her prayer when Jong Kook stepped out of the car in front of his family's hotel. Jong Kook met her eyes, and so she looked at him intently. He knew she'll be here since it's one of the three places that she knows when it comes to him. He came near her but she started saying things aloud, "What? Until a train sails in the sea? Whoa! How could you say that if you and I didn't even see each other for three days?" she then said reminding Jong Kook of his words three days ago.

"I should have known that you will be like any other men, who will promise this and that. I should have known earlier that you were insincere of your feelings before I have fallen for you - -" she stopped upon realizing that she just made a confession to Jong Kook, in front of many people, who have some businesses to do with the Kim Hotel. Jong Kook smiled brightly when he heard what she has spoken. "I didn't mean that I like you, okay? What I was trying to say was, you have been running on my mind for those three consecutive days yet you aren't even doing anything after you just confessed your sincere feelings. - -" 

The people, who were witnessing the scene, have a smile on their faces. Ji Hyo bit her lower lip when she realized how embarrassing it was for her to say all those things. She knows that she wasn't supposed to confess but her personality of getting carried away hit her again. "Do you like me?" asked Jong Kook all of a sudden. "Yes!" she blurted, but she changed it with a "no" after. She then started speaking, "It's not that I don't like you, but I like you, but I don't know if this is just a liking, but you - - -", she stopped her non-stop taling midway.

Jong Kook pulled her closer to him as he replied with her confession by admitting in front of the public, "Whether it is just a liking or a loving feeling that you have for me, it doesn't matter." He looked at her, and pulled her much closer to him as he added, "What matters is that I am in love with you -", he stopped again as he gave her a light kiss on her lips as he uttered, "I love you." His closed eyes released some tears of happiness when Ji Hyo returned his gentle kiss with a response saying, "I love you, too. -- " as she added, "I am now happy to be dating with you."