The Star

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook was left speechless when Song Ji Hyo told him that she has to go. The woman told him that she knows that he isn't interested so there's no sense for them to get to know each other more. After all, they should just mind their own business. His eyes chased the running woman, and he suddenly stood up when Ji Hyo stumbled on the floor. He noticed that the woman is having a hard time to stand, so he decided to help. He lifted Ji Hyo as if she weighed nothing to the woman's surprise. 

Song Ji Hyo was shocked when someone from behind carried her. She hurt her knee terribly so she couldn't really stand up. To her surprise, it was Kim Jong Kook who carried her back to the chair where she was sitting earlier. "You shouldn't run on those heels if you can't even walk wearing those." the man, whose muscles are vividly seen, told her. Her face turned red for she knows that she got caught. She's not really into heels, however, her mom told her to dress up well so their family's reputation will remain good as usual. She bit her lower lip when she realized that the kind of situation she's in now is so embarrassing. 

Kim Jong Kook looked at her as he asked, "Can you still walk?" Song Ji Hyo looked at him and nodded as an answer. Her mobile phone rings one more time so she quickly picked it up. "What did you say? We can't meet each other again today? But why?" she asked three questions at once. Her facial expression changed when she heard the reasons of the person whom she was talking with on the other line. "I understand, Oppa." she then said as she hung up the phone. She saw Jong Kook looking at her so she said, "I guess we can talk more now." 

Song Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Do you think this wedding will happen?" Kim Jong Kook shrugged his shoulders as a reply. "I see." said Ji Hyo as she nodded her head thrice. "Why did you agree with the fixed marriage if you already have a man?" he then asked. "Didn't I answer you earlier already? I didn't have a choice so I am going to marry you." she answered honestly. "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, don't you think it's a bit rude to tell that to the man whom you'll be marrying?" asked Kim Jong Kook. She looked at him and replied, "Your heart isn't in this wedding, too. So don't act like it's a big deal to you."

Kim Jong Kook shook his head in disbelief. "Then don't you think it's rude to act like that to the man whom you'll be marrying just because your family's company is suffering?" he then asked sarcastically. Song Ji Hyo looked at him and smiled, "What you're doing now is bragging. Don't you think it's rude as well?" Kim Jong Kook's mouth opened as soon as he heard the woman's reply. "Whoa! Song Ji Hyo-ssi, you should be thankful that I am kind enough to tolerate your rudeness. I will let this one pass, but if this happens again, the wedding will definitely be off." 

Song Ji Hyo sighed as soon as Kim Jong Kook turned his back against her. She looked at her phone to check whether her man has sent her any messages, however, there were no messages. She tapped the screen of her phone, and it automatically showed its wallpaper. She tried to force a smile upon seeing her boyfriend's picture. Lately, her man has been very busy due to his hectic schedule so they have been sharing less quality time. She has mentioned to him about her fixed marriage to Kim Jong Kook but she didn't get any reaction from her guy.

"Jong Kook-ssi, the car is ready." said his personal driver, Lee Joon Hyuk. He was standing in front of the restaurant which is mostly made of glass when his driver called him. He turned around as soon as he heard his voice. "Let's go." he then said as he headed towards his car. He is now sitting at the backseat, but his mind was floating. "Are you thinking of Ms. Song Ji Hyo?" asked Joon Hyuk. He looked at him at the rear view mirror of the car and asked, "How did you know?" Joon Hyuk smiled at him and answered, "It's written all over your face, Jong Kook-ssi."

"I think Ms. Song Ji Hyo can't walk yet. I saw how hard she fell on the ground, and I'm pretty sure the impact of it is really bad." added Joon Hyuk. "As much as I wanted to help, that woman's mouth is like a dagger." he then confessed. "So you really wanted to help her." confirmed Joon Hyuk. "Ya! That doesn't mean anything." he then said. "I didn't say anything Kim Jong Kook-ssi." Joon Hyuk, who he considers as a friend, teased. "Make a turn then. Let's drop her off to her house. She needs help, okay? I am just trying to help." he then added.

Lee Joon Hyuk smiled upon seeing a sudden change on Kim Jong Kook's aura. It has been a while since he has been driving for him yet this is the first time that he has seen him like that. They are now back to the restaurant, however, Song Ji Hyo is no longer around. Kim Jong Kook went back to the car and tapped his head hardly while asking himself, "Are you crazy?" After a while, the effect of his action earlier resulted to pain. "Ouch! It hurts." he then reacted. "Hurry, go. Let's go home. I don't know what's wrong with me today, so let's be home quick." Joon Hyuk just looked at him at the mirror and shook his head smiling as he answered, "All right."

Song Ji Hyo returned to where she was sitting earlier. She went to the bathroom with the help of one of the staffs of the said restaurant. Few minutes ago, she received a call from her boyfriend that he will pick her up. Her boyfriend revealed that he just kidded around when he mentioned that they couldn't meet today again. She told her where she is, and he told her to wait for him. It didn't take her boyfriend a long time for she can now see her man standing behind the glass door. Her man saw her so she waved her hand. However, before he can get to where she is, the customers and staffs of the restaurant started to take pictures of him as they called his name, "Choi Jin Hyuk!"