The Explanation

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook couldn’t believe his eyes and ears. Right in front of him is Ji Hyo, declaring to the public that they are already married - something which his mind cannot comprehend. He doesn’t mind the people who are getting their photos and videos. All he cares now are Ji Hyo’s words and actions. “Ya, Kim Jong Kook-ssi, since when have you been married?” asked Suk Jin, who is also in disbelief. He didn’t hear what the older men said, so Jae Suk poked his muscular arm. He didn’t feel the latter’s gesture as well, so the two older men looked at each other in confusion.

“Maybe you are all wondering when the two of us got married, so I will answer it right away. Actually, that day, after Valentine’s Day, we were in Namyangju. We were supposed to be married at night; however, our fluttering hearts can no longer wait for us to be one, so we decided to just get married in the morning. We were so happy to be married in secret. Thanks to Judge Kim Kwang Kyu, we were able to feel so much happiness that day. Jae Suk oppa, Suk Jin oppa, I’m sorry to have kept you both in the dark.” Ji Hyo then said in an apologetic manner.

“As you can see, even my husband, Kim Jong Kook, is surprised with this confession. All the while he has never thought that I have registered our marriage already. I didn’t tell him that I was able to register it since things have been very chaotic for the two of us. But I realized that if I had said it sooner, things like this should have been avoided. So I am really sorry to surprise all of you like this. I just wanted to have a perfect and quiet life with my family, and my husband.” Ji Hyo said while looking at the cameras.

Kang Ho and Yeon Su looked at Hye Kyo, who can see and hear Ji Hyo’s interview. “Did you just smile?” asked Kang Ho.  Hye Kyo looked at her father and said, “I have known it from the start.” “What?” asked by her parents at the same time. “That’s why I only wanted Kim Jong Kook to take me as his bride, not his wife.” she then added. “Are you lying? Are you doing that for the sake of Kim Jong Kook?” asked Kang Ho.  Hye Kyo shook her head and said, “It’s the truth. I just acted strong and selfish, so my inner desire won’t kill me, but Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are just so in love with each other, and there’s nothing that I can do about it. Nor we can do about it. So, let’s just stop it, Dad.”

So Eun and Jae Rim looked at each other with their watery eyes as Jae Rim offered his hand to So Eun for a handshake. “I guess it’s over now, So Eun-ah.” Jae Rim told his virtual wife. So Eun smiled a little and accepted his handshake as she said, “I feel sorry for your family.” Jae Rim stared at her and asked, “Are you stupid? It is your family who will be sorrier about this, so how can you be so worried about me?” So Eun smiled at him and said, “I guess you are more stupid than me if you don’t know why.” Jae Rim looked at her seriously as he asked, “If that's the case, why do I want to ask if you can be my wife for real?”

Jin Hyuk can’t stop his tears from falling as he looks at the TV screen. He’s so close to the TV that he can rub the face of Ji Hyo’s image on it. “Love and happiness are now confirmed to be gone.” he uttered as he touched the screen while talking to someone. “Maybe love and happiness are now confirmed to be gone to someone, but to someone else, chances and hopes are now reachable.” told Jin Hee, his co-star. He looked at Jin Hee, who has been so in love with him since then, with a sorry look.  “I didn’t know.” he said. Jin Hee smiled as she shyly answered, “That’s why I am telling you.”

The said testimony of Song Ji Hyo has taken South Korea by storm. It became the most-searched topic. Many people seem to be very interested with what she just declared. Most people have left the press conference area, and now it is only the four of them left – Ji Hyo, Jong Kook, Jae Suk, and Suk Jin. Jong Kook looked at the two older men, and asked them to excuse him and Ji Hyo for a while. Both men agreed, so they stepped out of the room right away. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook’s surprised reaction, and when she was about to say sorry, it was her turn to be surprised when he pulled her close to his chest.

“Ji Hyo-yah, I didn’t know. I’m sorry.” he said apologetically. Ji Hyo smiled while feeling the loving hug of Jong Kook as she said, “That’s why I told you that it’s no big deal even when you were not able to attend the church wedding.” Jong Kook tightened his hug as he said, “I was such a fool to ever think that our wedding has not been registered yet. I didn’t ask whether it was registered because I was so scared that you might be disappointed in me. I am really sorry, Ji Hyo-yah. If I have known, no, I should have known better. I feel so guilty right now. I am so sorry.” said Jong Kook.

“Hyung, did I get it right? That day when they were supposed to be married at 8:00 PM, they took the chance to get married in the morning? And that time when Jong Kook was not able to attend the wedding, the reason why Ji Hyo was just calm was due to their marriage already? Whoa! Those two never fail to confuse and surprise me.” commented Jae Suk. “You got right. And now the reason why Ji Hyo is revealing it is because she’s just too possessive of her man – her husband.” Suk Jin replied as he looked at the sky and whispered, “Isn’t your daughter too strong? I think she takes after you.”

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo held hands as they walked out of the room. They know that there will be more controversies that they must face, but they know that they will be able to overcome them. They know that after the said interview, they should be open to a lot of consequences. Ji Hyo stopped as she remembered something. Jong Kook looked at her as he asked, “What’s wrong?” Ji Hyo asked, “”Where are we going?” Jong Kook gave her a naughty smile as he responded with, “To the place where I can freely claim you as my wife.”