The Appreciation

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook gulped when he heard Ji Hyo's condition. For her to consider him in her life, he has to know why Choi Jin Hyuk wants it that bad to become a very famous celebrity. He definitely knows the answer, but he has never been this quiet about the truth. He doesn't know why looking at the woman can make him feel so worried that she might find out his relationship with her estranged boyfriend. "The world is pretty small." he uttered. "What did you say?" asked Ji Hyo trying to confirm what she has heard. 

Song Ji Hyo nodded her head as he said, "I said the world is so small." She looked at Jong Kook's face and asked, "Won't you do it?" He didn't answer so Ji Hyo let go of his hand on her waist. "Then forget it." she said as she smiled at him. "It's so late, I have to go." she then told the man before turning around. Jong Kook looked at the woman as he thought of her condition. The woman was about to be unseen in his eyes, however, he was quick to answer, "Challenge accepted." That made Ji Hyo turned around to take a look at him again.

He slapped his face for him to check whether everything is really happening. Several days ago, he and Ji Hyo were like a cat and a dog. But now, he can see Ji Hyo happily singing inside his pad when he the karaoke for her. He smiled as he sees Ji Hyo tries her best to reach the high note of the song that she's singing. Ji Hyo looked at him as she said, "This is so fun. I think I'll be staying a lot here." He was left in awe when Ji Hyo smiled sweetly at him. "Kim Jong Kook, what the hell happened to you?" he asked himself as he can't get enough of looking and admiring the woman whom he's soon to marry.

She  didn't know that she's having lots of fun inside Jong Kook's pad. She didn't even realize that his place can actually make her forget about the pain that she has been experiencing because of her complicated relationship with Jin Hyuk. The thought of Jin Hyuk is enough for her to be gloomy again, however, she was very pleased when Jong Kook stood in front of her as he said, "I'll be singing a for you. The words here are the words that I really want to tell you." Her face blushed when the music started playing. She might not know what's he is singing in English, but she can feel his emotions via his singing.

He finished singing the latest song of Michael Learns To Rock called "Eternal Love". He saw her looking at her in a different way, and he isn't numb to know that somehow the cool side of him has been unveiled to the woman. She clapped her hands as she complimented him, "You did well! I like your singing voice. It's so warm and loving." He asked curiosly, "Which part do you like best?" Ji Hyo tried to remember the English lines, and he smiled seeing how she had a hard time enunciating words in English, "I can't remember all the lines."

She then started to sing the line that she liked best while looking at his eyes, "Oh my love, I'm all yours, and there'll never be another one 'coz I'm eternally yours." She stopped singing the song as their eyes locked. Her eyes are asking why she's now seeing the man in a different light. Jong Kook tried to break the ice by asking, "Is singing your hobby?" She shook her head as a reply to his question. She then thought of something fun, so she asked, "Do you want to know what it is?" Jong Kook didn't hesitate when he nodded as an answer.

He regretted why he didn't ask Ji Hyo about the hobby that she likes. Right now, they are inside a very noisy club. The DJ has been mixing different songs in one,in a very loud way, so he feels like his ears are about to be torn from hearing them. He then noticed that Ji Hyo is no longer beside him. Luckily, the people couldn't recognize him because he has some clothes on his car so he used them for his current disguise. Earlier, when Ji Hyo told him that she'll just drive his car, he willingly agreed. To his surprise, she parked his car in front of a very rowdy place.

She smiled at Jong Kook, who was busy looking for her. She tried to squat as she tried to hide more from him, but her mischievousness caused her to bump into a man, which resulted his drink falling all over his face and chest. His clothes were visually ruined, too. She quickly stood up, and bowed at the man as an apology. She bowed three times but the man was not buying it. "Don't you know how much these clothes cost?" shouted the man, who was very annoyed at the situation. "I have no idea." she honestly answered.

The man, who was troubled by her, was about to curse at her, but Jong Kook was quick enough to defend her. He's still in disguise when he did it. "And who are you?" asked the man. "No need for you to know." he then told the guy. The man was pissed so he tried to grab his shoulder but Ji Hyo tried to stop it. The man pushed Ji Hyo, and she was so shocked that she lost her balance. Since Ji Hyo has bumped into the table with food and drinks, the chaotic situation became visible to the pretty large numbers of customers inside the bar.

He was about to run and help Ji Hyo but the man stopped him. "Ya! Is she your girlfriend? You better tell that cheap girlfriend of yours to pay for the troubles that she made." Hearing the man's description of Ji Hyo, he lost control and punched the man. The man's mouth started to bleed. Ji Hyo rushed to his side and grabbed his arm, so they can just go and not create a ruckus but he let go of her hand when she told him, "Your career might be ruined because of me, just forget it. Your career is much more important." 

Ji Hyo's didn't know why, but heart started to beat indifferently when she saw Kim Jong Kook taking off the clothings that he used for his disguise. People, as well as the man, were shocked to see a very popular celebrity came into the said little club. Seeing his presence is enough for the man to shut his mouth up. Jong Kook looked at her when he let her know something. He looked at her and said, "You are much more important than my career. Remember that." She was so overwhelmed that she has murmured, "This is the first time that I have been protected, so I am very thankful." They looked at each other's eyes again. He wanted her to know that it's okay, that's love. However, before he could speak up, the people, inside the club, took pictures of them when she kissed him lightly under his lips after she said her words of appreciation, "Thank you."