The First Meeting

Spoiler

The day has finally arrived for her to be introduced to her soon-to-be husband. She was asked to be the man's wife to save the company that the Song family has been running for such a long time. She sighed knowing that this isn't the way she would like it to be, but she didn't have any choice. She is in love with another man, and being linked to one of the country's popular celebrities, she knows that she is digging her own grave. She let go of another sigh when her soon-to-be husband looked into her direction. 

Kim Jong Kook looked at the woman from head to toe. The woman is nicely dressed in red. Her lips are red, and her hair is down. The dress seems to be short, but the black high heels, that she's wearing, complemented it. He can see how pretty and curvy the woman, in front of him, is. However, he is not after the physical appearance. He's more into a woman with sense. He has known millions of women who have a pretty face and a pretty body yet ain't no brainy - and he hates that. Especially if there's a motive that concerns money. 

The family's personal assistants, Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin, bowed at her when she reached the restaurant where the meeting of the two families was held. Jae Suk pulled out a chair for her to sit on, and she received it with a smile. "Thank you." she then said. Before she was able to sit, she looked at her family, and gave them a respectful bow. After that, she looked at the members of the Kim family, and took a bow to show them some respect. She sat on the chair as soon as her formal greeting was done. 

Kim Sang Joong, the father of the man whom she'll be married to, smiled at her father, Song Kang Ho, as he said, "I didn't know that your daughter is this pretty." Kang Ho smiled at Sang Joong as he answered, "Her beauty matches your son's good looks." Sang Joong's wife, Kim Hee Ae, smiled at Kang Ho's wife, Oh Yeon Su, as soon as she heard Kang Ho's compliment. Both women smiled at each other. "Your daughter is really beautiful." Hee Ae then repeated. Song Ji Hyo's face turned red when she heard the popular veteran actress' praise.

"Thank you." said Yeon Su as she looked at her. "It's not only her who is beautiful, her heart is also beautiful." added Yeon Su. Song Ji Hyo then looked at the other side of the table. She can see six chairs, but two of them are empty. The youngest member of the Kim family saw it so she said, "My two siblings can not make it today, but they will be present on your wedding." Kim So Eun then looked at her parents and older brother before she uttered, "If this will be pursued." Song Ji Hyo then looked at Kim Jong Kook, who has been looking at her from the time that she arrived.

Kim Jong Kook's smile was a bit confusing to her. She couldn't tell whether it was sincere or not, however, she knows that even if it was sincere or insincere, she doesn't care at all. Her heart is actually in pain right now. It was never her intention to marry another guy, however, due to some circumstances, she has to marry the man in front of him to save the company of their family. "Noona, are you okay?" her younger brother, Song Jae Rim, asked. She looked at her handsome younger brother before she gave him a nod as an answer.

The Kim family has six members. All the members of the family are famous celebrities. The Kim family is considered a royal family when it comes to the show business industry. Unlike the Kims' family, the Songs are very private. Kang Ho is a businessman, who is now experiencing a lot of stress due to the people who illegally sold some of their stocks. Yeon Su is a plain wife, and Jae Rim is a model. Although Jae Rim is a model, it was never mentioned in his working place that he's actually the son of one of the richest people in South Korea. 

The meeting between the two families has ended, and so the parents of both sides requested Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo to talk about things over so they could get to know each other more. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo both bowed to their parents as a sign that they will do what they requested. Suk Jin and Jae Suk bowed at them before they left the restaurant with the Songs. Jae Rim tapped Ji Hyo's shoulder before he told her, "See you later, Noona." Both of them waved their respective family goodbye as they left the said restaurant.

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are now alone. It was so awkward for the two of them, and the silence is already killing them. Thanks to Ji Hyo's phone, the silence has ended. Her mobile phone keeps on ringing, and she didn't hesitate to pick up the call even though Jong Kook is in front of her. "Oppa..." she called the other person on the line sweetly to Jong Kook's surprise. "Why did you just call now?" she asked in regret. Jong Kook looked at to read what she's saying, and he was very amazed at what he has found out after the call has ended. 

Song Ji Hyo answered Kim Jong Kook with a yes when he asked whether she has a man. "If you do, what the hell are you doing here?" he asked in a pressed tone. Ji Hyo smiled at him as she asked, "Do you speak rudely like that all the time?" Ji Hyo smiled again as she answered, "Like you, I didn't have a choice. It's your family who can save us, and I know that you know what I mean." Kim Jong Kook then smiled halfly as he said, "Out of the many fixed marriages I've had, I think this is the first time that it has been this... -" Ji Hyo put her hand on the air as a sign to wait for a while since she has to answer another call, but he now smiled fully as he finished his words by saying the word, " - - interesting."