The Present

Spoiler

Jin Hyuk hurriedly ran towards the car park, and he’s now sitting on the driver’s seat of his car. He started the engine earlier, but he stopped after giving something a thought. He closed his eyes as he uttered to himself thinking of Ji Hyo, “I’ll give you three days to have fun. Three days.” He opened his eyes, and decided to just drive himself back to his home. His phone started ringing again, but he was so focused on driving that he didn’t see Pil Mo’s call. 

“Hurry, Hyung! You two are not the only ones who would like to sing.” snapped Kwang Soo in a joking manner. Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo as he advised him, “Are you an entertainer now? I thought you’re a model? Don’t overdo it, Kwang Soo-ya.” Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook and said, “Don’t be too mean to your friend.” Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo, who told him not to be mean to Kwang Soo. When Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo again, he stuck his tongue out. “Ya! Don’t be that naughty to your older-brother-like friend.” Ji Hyo told Kwang Soo to both men’s surprise. “Whoa! Ji Hyo-noona, you have such a fickle heart.” reacted by Kwang Soo with his mouth wide open.

Jong Kook, who already found a song to sing, threw the pillow on Kwang Soo’s face. The childish act of Jong Kook and Kwang Soo has been the cause of everyone’s laughter. “What will you sing, Hyung?” asked Kwang Soo. “Ed Sheeran’s song?” asked Kwang Soo again when Jong Kook pointed out the title of the song from the song book that he’s holding. “Noona, will you be able to understand if Jong Kook hyung sings in English?” worried Kwang Soo asked. “I can understand, but I can’t speak it well.” answered Ji Hyo, who felt shy when Kwang Soo asked her something in regard to her knowledge in English. Jae Suk and Suk Jin nodded as a way of agreeing to what she just said. 

When Jong Kook was able to find a song, Kwang Soo gave the song book to the two older men. Jae Suk thanked Kwang Soo, and hurriedly looked at the list. Kwang Soo stood up to get something near the karaoke. It’s a camera. “Hyung, let’s take a picture.” told Kwang Soo to Jong Kook. “Ya, Lee Kwang Soo, let’s not take pictures at times like this.” Jae Suk looked at Suk Jin as he reminded him, “Hyung, here you are again. People here might find you strange if you won’t stop that.” 

Long before Suk Jin can react, the song has started to be played. Jong Kook gently took the microphone as he told Ji Hyo, “This one is for you.” Ji Hyo smiled like how a fan girl will do when her idol will be up on stage. Jong Kook almost melted at the loving smile that Ji Hyo is giving him. He knows that he has to sing well in front of his woman, so she can know how much she means to him via song. He’ll be singing “Thinking Out Loud”, a foreign song that has melted lots of people’s hearts. He then started singing:

“When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

So, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh"

Ji Hyo gets teary listening to the lyrics of the song, and the way Jong Kook has sung the famous song. Sure, she doesn't know how to speak English well, but she understood all the words that were used in the song. When the song was over, Jong Kook rushed over to her side, and told her how he always thinks of them being officially together. "Me, too." she answered. "Happy Valentine's Day!" he then greeted to everyone's late realization of today's special day.

"Hyung, strike a pose with Ji Hyo-noona." said Kwang Soo, who was holding a camera. The couple smiled cozily as they looked at the camera. Kwang Soo took a picture of them two times. Kwang Soo handed out the camera to Joon Hyuk to which the latter accepted happily. The couple, as well as Suk Jin, Jae Suk, and Kwang Soo, made themselves comfortable as Joon Hyuk was capturing their happy smiles as they yelled "Happy Valentine's Day" in chorus.

It's now Jae Suk's turn to sing a song. He chose to sing "Gangnam Style" by PSY to lighten up the mood more. He was right when he thought that that song will definitely make all of them forget all the troubles that everyone has gone through. Not to mention the obstacles that Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are facing right now. Everyone stood up, and danced to the song as it reached the chorus part. "Let Jong Kook and Ji Hyo be happy as husband and wife forever soon." shouted Suk Jin, who was obviously very happy right now.

Meanwhile, the city is still as chaotic as ever. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo do not know that the rumors about their relationship with different persons have gone more viral. This time, evidences that Jong Kook will get married to Hye Kyo have been circulating online and offline, and Jin Hyuk's past pictures with Ji Hyo have been visible to the public. The people of South Korea, who are very much interested in the intruiging relationship of the two couples, are searching for more information about Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo, separately.

No one knows how intimate and serious Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are towards each other yet. The couple is still enjoying the company that they have with Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Kwang Soo, and Joon Hyuk. Gary, on the other hand, has just finished typing the article about the real relationship of the two individuals, who are being linked to different parties. He is contemplating on whether or not to click "Enter". Clicking the said key will make his article readable by the people. He suddenly felt thirsty, so he decided to stand up and look for Ha Ha to give him some drink, leaving his composed article open to the eye.

Few hours after, Suk Jin has decided to sleep. Jae Suk bids the group goodbye since he has to assist Suk Jin. Joon Hyuk and Kwang Soo decided to say goodbye as well for the couple to have more time together, so Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are now left alone. When the couple has been left behind, Jong Kook, who was sitting beside Ji Hyo, puts her head onto his shoulder as he asked, "Are you happy?" Ji Hyo nodded and said, "It feels so much nicer to have you around on Valentine's Day." Jong Kook then made Ji Hyo stunned when he asked, "I haven't given you my present yet, so is it okay if I just give it to you tomorrow -?" Ji Hyo removed her head onto Jong Kook's shoulder when he revealed the reason of her astonishment, "on our wedding day?"