The Time

Spoiler

Kim Jong Kook gently opened his eyes, but he was welcomed by darkness. He quickly stood up when he remembered what happened earlier. He couldn’t see anything, so he tried his best to find a way on how he can see things. He was surprised when he was able to turn the switch on. When the lights came out, he found out that he’s just inside his bedroom. “Was it just a dream?” he asked himself. He shook his head as he murmured, “No, no. I will marry Song Ji Hyo for real. This can’t be just a dream.” He looked at the clock, and noticed that it is just nine thirty in the morning.

Jin Hyuk looked at Ji Hyo when he heard her uttered Jong Kook’s name. “Even your subconscious mind knows who it wants.” he commented. Ji Hyo looked at him, but she didn’t react to what he just said. She looks so worried that he started to worry for her. “Are you okay?” he asked. Ji Hyo shook her head as she answered when she placed her hand on her chest, “Jin Hyuk-ssi, I don’t know why my heart beats differently.” Jin Hyuk sighed as he told her, “Jong Kook-ssi will be back, right? Cheer up!”

Jong Kook tried to open the door of his room, however, it didn’t open. He looked for many ways on how he can open the door, but an hour has passed without him knowing how to. He looked for his phone in his pocket, but it isn’t there. He slammed the door hard, so someone can hear it. Fortunately, So Eun was around, and she opened it for him. “Oppa!” called So Eun upong seeing him. “So Eun-ah, have you been well?” he asked forgetting that he was in a hurry to go out earlier, so he can run back to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo smiled at Jin Hyuk and said, “Thank you.” She saw his face turned red, and she didn’t know why she opened up about her wedding. Jin Hyuk was very surprised when he heard her wedding announcement. “We will be married soon. I hope you can find someone who will love you more than you love her. I wish that you could be happy… -“she stopped midway, but she continued with, “like me.” Jin Hyuk gave her a bitter smile as he asked trying to control his tears, “Aren’t I going to be the best man?”

“I’m sorry, Oppa.” told So Eun. “I should be the one feeling sorry for you.” he told his younger sister. “Are you hurt somewhere?” he asked. So Eun nodded her head when she admitted, “I read all their comments. Although I am happy to still see positive comments, it saddens me a lot whenever I see their rages.” Jong Kook pulled his sister closer to him, and gave her an embrace. “Things will be okay, So Eun-ah. Don’t be so down. Just get up, and stand for what you think is right. I’m just here for you.” he advised.

“Noona!” called Kwang Soo when he saw how intent Jin Hyuk was when he looked at his friend’s soon-to-be wife. He knows who the man is, and like him, Jin Hyuk was surprised to see him. “What are you doing here?” both men asked to Ji Hyo’s surprise. “Do you two know each other?” she asked. “Yes.” answered Jin Hyuk, but Kwang Soo said, “No.” Ji Hyo looked at the men, and was more confused when the two men changed their answers at the same time. “Are you two playing around?” she asked again.

“Oppa, you have to leave now.” So Eun told him. He looked at his watch, and saw that it is now almost two o’ clock in the afternoon. The two of them have been discussing about a lot of things. “But I have to know who those men are.” he then told So Eun. “Oppa, look at the time.” said So Eun. He looked at his watch again, and saw that it’s five minutes after two in the afternoon, so he asked So Eun something. So Eun nodded, and she quickly tapped his back to get going. “Don’t worry about me.” she said as she added, “I’m sorry.” He smiled at So Eun, and gave her a hug again to bid her goodbye.

Jong Kook needs more than two hours to get to Namyangju. It’s funny how he doesn’t care much about anything when Ji Hyo and So Eun are involved. It’s weird on how he feels strange that nothing bad has happened to Ji Hyo. On the train, he is thinking why he isn’t nervous at all. So Eun was so nice to remind him about the time for so many times. He looked at the sky, and noticed that it is already dark. He looked at his watch, and saw that it has been three hours since he has been traveling. He smiled at the thought of seeing Ji Hyo at Kwang Soo’s house in less than half an hour.

He called Ji Hyo’s name happily when he returned to Kwang Soo’s home. He was a bit worried when no one answered him. He wandered around the house, and saw no one. He sat on the sofa, and just decided to wait for them. He was starting to feel sleepy while waiting, so he tried to stretch his hands. Upon stretching his hands, the wall clock made him frozen. The clock says something that he hasn’t thought of from the time that he was in Seoul, and from the time So Eun kept on reminding him about the said time.

All the while, he thought that it is just almost six o’ clock at night. “No wonder the sky is so dark already.” he uttered as he made his way to his room quickly. He put on his wedding clothes, and made his way running to where Ji Hyo is, so he can fully explain everything. This is just the first time that he has cursed for so many times. “Ji Hyo-yah, wait for me. Wait for me. I’ll definitely marry you, so wait for me.” He was able to stop a taxi, and he now has the driver drives his way fast to where the church is.

Ji Hyo was talking with the men, who looked so worried and upset about the situation. Ji Hyo was trying to let them know that she’s okay, and that there’s no problem. “Oppa, Jong Kook oppa will be here. Just wait for a while.” she told Suk Jin and Jae Suk. “See? He’s here.” she then added upon seeing the sight of her man. Jong Kook was sweating all over his body as he smiled and said, “I’m sorry, Ji Hyo-yah. Let’s go inside now. Let's meet the officiating priest.” Ji Hyo looked at the men, who were so worried and upset, and looked at Jong Kook as she forced a smile when she started saying, “But Jong Kook-oppa --“, and then finished it with, “you’re twenty one minutes too late.”