The Words

Spoiler

Suk Jin and Jae Suk’s happiness can’t be explained. The two of them looked at each other while trying to resist their tears from falling down. Ji Hyo is like a daughter and a younger sister to them. When they adopted her from the orphanage a long time ago, they were told that her name is Cheon Sung Im. They have been calling her that since then, however, when she needed to pretend as someone, named Song Ji Hyo, they also pretended until they got used to think that she has always been the said person. For them, she, being Song Ji Hyo, is much better than being the abandoned Cheon Sung Im.  

The Kims and the Songs are now facing each other again. Choi Jin Hyuk, who has just arrived at the given place, wasn’t seen nervous at all. He was very calm and relaxed. “I didn’t know that Choi Jin Hyuk-ssi is your son.” Kang Ho then said in disbelief. “He auditioned in the company, and he was around from time to time near our area before.” he added. Kang Ho looked at Hye Kyo and asked, “Do you just want to be married to this actor here instead?” Hye Kyo shook her head as she answered, “It’s not him that I like.”

Kwang Soo stared at the loving couple. He smiled and looked at Joon Hyuk. He gave Joon Hyuk two thumbs up, and Joon Hyuk smiled in return. “Who would have thought that among those numerous fixed marriages that you’ve had, you’ll end up marrying another woman.” he commented. “Hep! She’s not just another woman, she’s a special woman.” corrected Jong Kook. “Stop it!” said Ji Hyo, who was obviously blushing. “I just wish you two won’t stop feeling so in love like that.” told Jae Suk to the couple.

Sang Joong looked at Jin Hyuk and asked, “What do you think of marrying Song Hye Kyo?” Jin Hyuk smiled at his estranged father and answered, “Your eldest son said that if I married Song Hye Kyo-ssi, I’ll be welcome in this family.” Hee Ae, So Eun, and Sang Joong were all startled to hear what he just said. On the other hand, Kang Ho, Yeon Su, and Jae Rim felt the sudden awkwardness among the members of the Kim family. Jin Hyuk then added, “Why do influential families like what you two have need to deal with a life in a very much complicated way? Money can’t buy love and happiness anyway.”

Suk Jin tapped Jae Suk’s hand heavily as he said, “Don’t wish about things like that. Having a wish like that will trigger the goodness of their relationship.” Jae Suk looked at Suk Jin with a smile and said, “Hyung, you are on with your superstitious belief again.” Jong Kook and Ji Hyo didn’t care about the wish and the superstition since they are both aware that nothing in this world can stop their relationship. Ji Hyo then reminded them that the food is getting cold, so they should start eating now before she gets busy for her wedding. Jong Kook smiled at her, and it’s enough for her to know that he’s really the one that she’d like to be with forever, even after that what so-called forever.

Kang Ho and Sang Joong were both taken aback with Jin Hyuk’s response. Kang Ho looked at Sang Joong and commented, “Your sons are really straightforward.” Sang Joong smiled a bit and said, “I wonder if they do take after me.” Kang Ho looked at Jin Hyuk and asked, “Do you want to win Song Ji Hyo back?” So Eun and Jae Rim looked at each other knowing that things won’t be easy between the two of them anymore. Jin Hyuk smiled at Kang Ho’s question and asked, “Do you have the power for her to be back in my arms?” “Then is it a yes?” Kang Ho asked again to Jin Hyuk’s blankness.

After the six of them ate dinner, Kwang Soo readied the karaoke machine, so they can kill time by singing. Joon Hyuk is in the kitchen washing all the dishes that they used earlier. Jae Suk and Suk Jin are now feeling uncomfortable for not doing anything. For such long years, they have been used to running errands or doing chores for the Song family, and now that they have moved away from them, they just can’t believe that they aren’t doing as much as what they have been doing in the past.

When the meeting between the two families has ended, Jin Hyuk was left alone still sitting on the seat where he has been sitting. He took his phone out of his pocket, and clicked the power button gently. It automatically showed him the picture of Ji Hyo and him when they were still together. He rubbed the screen where her face is being shown as he uttered, “I’ll definitely come and get you back to me.” He clicked the power button again, and the lights of his phone have been turned off. He sighed as he closed his eyes when he uttered the words, “By hook or by crook.”

The karaoke has been set up, so everyone gathered at the living room. Joon Hyuk was asked to join even though he hasn’t finished washing the dishes yet. Suk Jin told him that they will just wash the remaining dishes altogether later. The couple can’t believe that they are just having a good time in Namyangju. They know for a fact that there are still controversial rumors about them circulating around, but they don’t care about it now since they will be getting married anytime soon even if there’ll be a lot of people who will oppose it. “Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!” yelled the four men while looking at them. Jong Kook put his arm around Ji Hyo’s shoulder as they gave them a smile.

Jin Hyuk’s closed eyes suddenly opened when his phone started ringing. He answered the call and asked, “How was it?” Jong Kook used his muscular arm on Ji Hyo’s shoulder to pull her closer to him. Jin Hyuk, who was so worried earlier, suddenly has a smile on his face upon hearing the news. Ji Hyo playfully hit Jong Kook’s arm when she was taken by surprise. Jin Hyuk ended the call happily and uttered the words, “Ji Hyo-yah, I’ll see you soon there in Namyangju.”, without knowing that there in Namyangju, Jong Kook has met the big round eyes of Ji Hyo, who didn’t move a bit when he inched his face near her face when he told her the three sweet loving words, “I love you.”