The Model

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo bowed at the Song Family when she realized that Kim Jong Kook has acted out in-a-not-so-good way towards them. She knows that he just did it for her, however, she still feels sorry for Hye Kyo’s embarrassment. She, along with Jae Suk, Suk Jin, and her man were about to go out of the Songs’ residence, but they all stopped when Kang Ho aired something aloud, “Kim Jong Kook-ssi, how dare you come to my house and crash just to treat my daughter like a trash?”

Jong Kook heard what the influential man said, so he turned around to give his reply, “I don’t mean to be rude, Mr. Song Kang Ho. But I’d rather be honest with my feelings towards your daughter than to lie with her and make her suffer.” He sincerely smiled at his father’s best pal before he gave him a respectful bow. He looked at Hye Kyo, and smiled at her as well. He gave her a bow, and pulled Ji Hyo away from the house after. They were near the gate when Kang Ho reminded him, “Make sure that you won’t regret this, Kim Jong Kook-ssi.”

Ji Hyo looked at Suk Jin and Jae Suk, who are looking so lonely, due to the current situation that they are in. “Oppa, I’m sorry.” she uttered. Suk Jin and Jae Suk looked at her and smiled. Jae Suk tapped her shoulder and said, “Why should you be sorry? We’re doing this because we don’t want you to be lonely.” Hearing the words makes her want to cry, so she said, “That’s why I feel guilty. Because I know for me to be happy, we all should be away from the Song family.” Suk Jin heartily smiled and reminded her something, “Didn’t you say that you’re guilty of not being guilty? So why are you feeling guilty now? Love isn't a crime, so don't be guilty.”

Jong Kook smiled seeing and hearing his girlfriend’s conversation with her father-and-brother-like relatives. He knows that there are things that he should know more about Song Ji Hyo, but he’s patient enough to let her come to him to open up about her personal life. What matters to him is the present time. He doesn’t care about the past, so he’s just living all his best in the present, so they can have a brighter future together. He was caught by Ji Hyo looking at her. She smiled at him, and he smiled at her back.

When their bags were put on the car’s trunk, Jong Kook stopped Joon Hyuk from opening the car’s backseat door. He signaled that he’ll do it by himself. He looked at the older men and politely asked, “Can one of you sit in front? I would like to sit with Ji Hyo at the back.” Suk Jin and Jae Suk looked at each other, but neither of them is answering, so he smiled and kindly said, “Please?” “I’ll sit in front.” the two older men answered at the same time. “Ya! Why did you just answer when I have decided to answer?” asked Suk Jin in a funny way.

After deciding, Jae Suk was chosen to sit in front of the car, so Suk Jin will be sitting along with the couple. “I hate feeling like a chaperone.” Suk Jin commented. The four of them, including Joon Hyuk, laughed at the oldest man’s whining. “Hyung, Joon Hyuk-ssi should talk with someone, so he won’t be tired and sleepy when he drives.” explained Jae Suk. If you stay there at the back, you can just close your eyes and sleep.” he added. Suk Jin suddenly realized what Jae Suk meant, so he said allowing them to laugh again, “Oh! That’s right. But where are we going?”

Upon hearing the question, Joon Hyuk looked at Jong Kook to know the answer. All eyes were set on him when he answered the question by saying, 'to that province', right away. “Are you serious?” Ji Hyo asked him. He nodded at her and sweetly said, “With the false scandals spreading like a virus at the city and in town, I’d rather be with the province. Having you away from them and close to me while protecting you by my side.” Suk Jin coughed with Jong Kook’s mushiness to Ji Hyo’s embarrassment. “Joon Hyuk-ah, does your boss always talk like that all the time?” I think my fingers were blown by the wind. They can’t move. I'm not so used to cringes.” kidded Jae Suk.

All of them exchanged hearty conversations that made their journey to the said province pretty interesting. They all didn’t get bored talking and getting to know each other better. Few hours after having such fun conversations, Jae Suk and Suk Jin have now fallen asleep. Few minutes after, Ji Hyo was also dozing off already. Jong Kook smiled seeing how comfortable Ji Hyo is. “I haven’t seen you smile like that.” commented Joon Hyuk as he eyed him through the rear-view mirror. “It’s because this is my first time to have her beside me with her considered real family. I’m happy that you acknowledged that I am happy.” he answered with a smile still seen on his face.

“Can you still drive? Do you want me to drive for a while?” he asked thinking that Joon Hyuk might be so tired driving already. Joon Hyuk shook his head and said, “I’m okay. Seeing my boss happy like this is enough for my energy to be boosted.” Jong Kook looked at him weirdly and asked with a laugh, “What’s wrong with you?” Joon Hyuk looked at him and replied, “It’s just that I have never thought that you would really love a woman from those fixed marriages that you have, and that you have had.” “Does she count? You know that she’s not my real bride-to-be, right? But I love her, and I think it is not wrong since it feels so right.” he then reminded Joong Hyuk as he added a comment.

Jong Kook excused himself from talking when Ji Hyo’s head almost bumped onto the seat. Since Ji Hyo was sitting in the middle, he carefully placed his arm around her for assistance. He had his other hand put her head on his shoulder, so she can lay her head much more comfortably. Ji Hyo’s hair fell onto her face making him unable to see her face while sleeping, so he brushed it off gently while keeping her look at her. After fixing her hair, her bare face could be seen by him again. He rubbed it gently, and his thumb moved to her lips. He was about to kiss her in her sleep, but was stopped when Joon Hyuk told him, “After long hours, we’re finally here.”

The excited Joon Hyuk looked at him, and belatedly realized that his timing was not so right. He smiled awkwardly at him and apologized. Jong Kook acted out being angry, but in reality, he was just cool about it. Jae Suk, Suk Jin, and Ji Hyo woke up when they heard the sound of the car’s horn. It was pressed by Jong Kook as a signal to the person inside that they have arrived. They are now out of the car, and they are just waiting for Kim Jong Kook’s so-called friend. His model friend finally came out of the place that they will be staying in. Jong Kook introduced the men first, and when he’s about to introduce Ji Hyo, his young friend just looked at her straight and comically introduced himself, “Welcome to Namyangju! My name is …”, he looked at him first before he winked at Ji Hyo and said, “Lee Kwang Soo.”