The Reply

Spoiler

"Hyung, are you okay?" Kwang Soo asked him when he suddenly stopped talking when he heard the song inside the same coffee shop where Ji Hyo and him heard it for the first time. "It is still Ji Hyo-noona, right?" asked Kwang Soo. He remained quiet when his close friend brought up her name again. "Hyung, I don't know what went wrong, but I think it's time for you to move on. It's been two months, hyung. Two months." reminded Kwang Soo. "Has it been two months since then?" he asked trying to confirm the date.


He smiled like a dog when he recalled how he thought he was able to fix things with Song Ji Hyo, however, he was such a fool to believe that it could be possible. That time when he heard the song "Spoiler" by Epik High, he knew that it will be over, but he was blinded by Ji Hyo's assuring smile, so he has forgotten his dangerous intuitions when they reached Seoul. He grinned once again as he remembers how she was able to convince him to move back to where his family is. He's making different facial expressions, and it now worries Kwang Soo.


Everything was still clear to him. That time, after listening to the song, Ji Hyo stood up from where she's sitting for she wanted to return to where her family is. "Did the lyrics hit you well?" he asked sarcastically. Ji Hyo smiled at him and asked, "Not as much as how you're hit." "Aren't you being rude to me now?" asked Jong Kook. "Didn't you start being rude just now?" returned Ji Hyo. "Look, I am not in the mood to argue with you. I just want to go back to where Jae Suk oppa and Suk Jin oppa are." she said. "I want to go back to Seoul." she added. He didn't say a thing after, and just opened the car's door for her.


Jae Suk and Suk Jin were surprised when Jong Kook helped them put their luggages in the car. Kwang Soo, who was with them, was also surprised with the sudden change. Jong Kook was not talking, and Ji Hyo was just looking. "Did you two fight?" asked Kwang Soo. Ji Hyo shook her head as a reply. Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo as he mentioned, "Ji Hyo and I will be going back to Seoul with Suk Jin hyung and Jae Suk hyung." Kwang Soo's eyes widened, but he understood that there's no chance that he can stop all of them.


The two older men felt so awkward when Jong Kook sat beside Joon Hyuk, who's driving the car. With Jong Kook sitting beside Joon Hyuk, Ji Hyo sat between Jae Suk and Suk Jin. There's silence in the car, so Jae Suk and Suk Jin looked at each other trying to convince each other to break the ice. Jae Suk nodded when Suk Jin was finally able to convince him, and so he asked, "Where will you drop us off?" Suk Jin looked at Jae Suk for his question sounded to be wrong. Jong Kook looked at them and replied, "At my pad."


It didn't take them a long ride to reach his said pad at Seoul. Jae Suk and Suk Jin were amazed on how beautiful and tidy Jong Kook's pad is. "You can take the guest room, and Ji Hyo can just use my room." told Jong Kook while lending a hand on their luggages. "How about you?" asked Suk Jin. "I can just use the sofa." he then answered. "Or I'll get back to my family's residence." he added. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook as she nodded at him with a forced smile. "That would make them very happy." she then commented.


Jong Kook's frustration over her reply was so evident that Jae Suk and Suk Jin didn't ask more when he stepped out of his pad. They just heard him drove the car again. Suk Jin and Jae Suk were about to unpack their things, however, Ji Hyo stopped them from doing it. "No need to unpack them. We'll be leaving soon enough." she said making the other two also frustrated. "Ya, Ji Hyo-yah! Don't you think things are just being wasted by you doing that?" asked Suk Jin. She then told them why things should be wasted, and both men were in shock.


"Oppa..." So Eun called Jong Kook when she saw him entering their house. He can see tears coming from So Eun's eyes, and he can't help but hug his younger sister. "So Eun-ah..." he called. "How have you been, Oppa?" worried So Eun asked. He just nodded his head slowly, and when So Eun asked about Ji Hyo, he tried to smile big time. "You two are on the rocks." said So Eun. "Your individual scandals might make it worse, Oppa. Do not let go of her if you really do love her." advised So Eun to his surprise. "You've grown mature while I was away." he then told his sister which made her cried her tears out.


Lots of media people have gathered to witness Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo's merged press conference. For months, scandals of Jong Kook getting married to a heiress from a well-known family and Ji Hyo dating the bankable actor Choi Jin Hyuk have been circulating. Media personnels have heard about them addressing those rumors in person, and it caused another scandal. Because of their said press conference, many believe that perhaps it has been Jong Kook and Ji Hyo all along, and that people have been getting the scandals all wrong.


Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are now seen sitting beside each other. The reporters were whispering about how weird it is to see two individuals with different scandals address issues, and with that, they are all getting convinced that it is indeed Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo who are dating. One of the members of the press, Kang Gary, was seen smiling and looking at the two of them. Jong Kook was able to convince Ji Hyo to reveal herself to the public when they were at the coffee shop. The cameras started to roll, and so questions are now being asked and answered one-by-one.


It's now Gary's turn to ask Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, and the three of them, who are familiar with one another, smiled. Jong Kook knows that Gary knows the real score between him and Ji Hyo, and he is anticipating what he'll ask. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi and Song Ji Hyo-ssi, is it true that the real ones, who are dating, are the two of you?" Jong Kook was so ready to answer, but Ji Hyo's quick hand had the microphone close to first. "It's true --" she said making Jong Kook looked at him and smiled, however, his smile disappeared fast when she continued with, "that Choi Jin Hyuk is dating me, Song Ji Hyo, and that Kim Jong Kook-ssi here is off to-be-married to an heiress named Song Hye Kyo."