The Reminder

Spoiler

 

Song Ji Hyo's eyes blinked as soon as she heard his reply. He can't tell what the woman is thinking for her face is unreadable. He has dated a lot of women before - thanks to the countless numbers of fixed marriages that he had, but there was never a time that he felt that good. It's really his first time to have a fluttering feeling. Ji Hyo then put her hand gently on his face as she moved his face away from her face. "Are you kidding me? There's no such thing as love at first sight." she then told him with a smile trying to get rid of the awkwardness that she's feeling.

Kim Jong Kook smiled back at the woman as he joked, "Then should I pass by again?" He stood up from sitting on the floor as he added, "From now on, there's nothing you can do about it." Ji Hyo can see the intensity of Jong Kook's stare so she said, "Look! I am not a toy, so don't play with me." Kim Jong Kook's smile is still on his face when he asked, "Are you always that distrustful?" Song Ji Hyo shook her head as she replied, "It's not that I am being distrustful. It is more of you, being forgetful." She stood up before she added, "I will never be your woman because I already have a man."

Song Ji Hyo was about to go out of Kim Jong Kook's pad but the man was quick enough to stop her. Her wrist is now being held by Jong Kook so she told him to release it. "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I think you are the one who is being forgetful." he told her. "If you're really against the marriage, talk to your parents to forget about the agreement, and just witness your father's company to be gone. I am saying this to remind you that no matter how much you hate it, you don't have any choice but to get married with me." 

Kim Jong Kook saw that her face suddenly became blank when he reminded her of her situation. He doesn't know why although he's feeling sorry for her, he still wants him and her to be together for real. He scolded himself for reminding Song Ji Hyo about it. He let go of her wrist, so Ji Hyo looked into his eyes as she answered, "I just wish that your family could stick to the agreement. From what I've heard, you already had millions of fixed marriages but none of them happened. And thank you for reminding me about how pitiful my situation is." 

Song Ji Hyo bowed at him before she went out of his pad. She still has a hard time walking, however, it didn't hinder her to walk out of the man's room. 'Whoa! Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I really can't understand you.' she thought to herself while looking at her knee. "Oh my!" she reacted when she got surprised at Kim Jong Kook's sudden appearance in front of her. Kim Jong Kook smiled at her and said, "I'll drop you off." She then felt something is wrong with her when she found herself smiling at his gesture. 'It's because your knee is hurt. You need assistance. Nothing more, nothing less.' she thought to herself while looking at the man, who is still in front of her.

Kim Jong Kook smiled when Song Ji Hyo pouted her lips and walked past him. Looking at the woman's back view, he can say that she's really blessed when it comes to physical appearance. He seems so happy that the woman has a lot of sense, too. Speaking of sense, he doesn't know why he seems to have lost all his senses. When the woman tripped at the restaurant earlier, it was like he was also tripped by her that he fell for her beauty and attitude in an instant. 'It's okay. They say, you can fall in love in an instant but it will be letting go that will take time.' he thought to himself.

Song Ji Hyo stared at him again and asked, "Where do you think are you looking?" He then got back to reality as he realized that his eyes were on Ji Hyo's behind. "Oh, I - I - I wasn't looking there. I was thinking of something." he then defended himself. Ji Hyo didn't mind his explanation since she just walked on. They reached the garage easily so they are now back sitting inside his car again. "Let's drink coffee first." he then said. Ji Hyo's face suddenly became livelier when she heard the word 'coffee'. "I'd love that." she then said excitedly.

Kim Jong Kook parked his car in front of a private restaurant. "It's okay to have coffee here. It's free, and it's safe from the fans." he told Ji Hyo. "It's free?" her excitement was very obvious so he nodded happily. "Whoa! I want some Iced Americano." she then said as she took note of the place. "But that's only possible if you're with me." he then added to Ji Hyo's dismay. "Do you think I didn't think of that?" she asked. She smiled at Jong Kook as she gladly pull his hand so the two of them can enter the restaurant right away. Ji Hyo's hand is on his hand, and he smiled to himself as he held her hand in return.

Song Ji Hyo was surprised to see one of the people inside the restaurant hugging Kim Jong Kook. "My hyung!" the short man said. "My younger brother!" then told the muscular man. She smiled at how childish the two men are. She stopped smiling when the men heard her smiling, but smiled again when the two looked at each other. "Ji Hyo-ssi, this is my younger brother-like friend, Ha Dong Hoon." introduced Jong Kook. "Hi!" she greeted. "You can just call me Ha Ha." told the short man as he offered his hand for a hand shake. 

Kim Jong Kook received Ha Ha's hand shake offer when Song Ji Hyo was about to accept it. "Ya, hyung! Why did you block it?" asked Ha Ha in a joking tone. "You can't touch her without my permission." Jong Kook then said to Ha Ha and Ji Hyo's surprise. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, don't you think you are overacting?" asked Ji Hyo. Kim Jong Kook looked at her as he asked, "Ji Hyo-ssi, don't forget that you and I will be the groom and the bride in the upcoming wedding." Ha Ha was more surprised with Kim Jong Kook, "Are you really getting married now, Hyung?"

Song Ji Hyo was about to answer for their sake but the man, who was looking at her, already said, "Definitely." "Whoa! Nice to meet you, my sister-in-law." greeted Ha Ha using his child-like voice. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook who smiled at Ha Ha's action. She didn't know that she smiled at the moment she saw Kim Jong Kook smiled. She looked at the man one more time, but her face turned red when Ha Ha took a picture of her looking at Jong Kook. "This picture is good. Hyung, your fiancee must be head-over-heels with you." Ha Ha then teased the two. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook, but Jong Kook just shrugged his shoulder joyfully.

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are now sitting in front of each other as they started to talk privately after Ha Ha excused himself since he needed to assist some VIP customers. "Why do you look so happy?" curious Ji Hyo asked as he noticed that Jong Kook's smile has never left his face. "Ji Hyo-ssi, they say the word happiness starts with 'H' but how come I feel like it starts with 'U'?" he then asked an answer. Ji Hyo was speechless at first but she was quick to react when she remembered that she shouldn't be feeling something else, "You can use that pick up line to another woman, so please stop toying with me. I can only be a friend, and we can just be friends."

Song Ji Hyo witnessed how Kim Jong Kook's smile disappeared. Kim Jong Kook leaned forward so he can get close to her. Song Ji Hyo looked at him in the eyes without saying anything. "Ji Hyo-ssi, I have lots of friend already so I don't need another friend. I think you really didn't research about me so let me tell you one thing. -" he stopped midway as he continued with, "The more you push me away, the more I'd be willing to stay." He smiled again as he saw how stunned Ji Hyo was when he said, "Be happy while you have Choi Jin Hyuk as your man now because sooner or later, you, being with him, is definitely the thing that I, being your soon-to-be husband, will never.. ever.. allow."