The Rehearsal

Spoiler

Song Ji Hyo, who was taken aback with Jong Kook's action, didn't make it obvious that she was affected by it. She hurriedly moved her way to Kwang Soo, who was just standing behind Jong Kook. "Kwang Soo-ya!" she shouted. Jong Kook and her walked past each other without even looking. Before she was able to come to where Kwang Soo is standing, she tripped again. When she fell, she was reminded of the very first time that she experienced the said embarrassment. Because she was preoccupied with those thoughts, she didn't notice that all eyes are on her.

Jong Kook looked at where the people are looking, and was surprised to see Ji Hyo. She obviously tripped, and he was reminded of the feelings from that the moment that he saw her on the ground. Earlier, he noticed that she's wearing the same heels from that time, and he didn't realize that those heels could actually repeat history. He doesn't know why Ji Hyo isn't standing up yet, but he doesn't want her to be the topic of humiliation, so he turned around to help her get up. However, Jin Hyuk was quicker than him.

People's reaction made her come back to her senses. She saw Jin Hyuk pulling her up from her fall. She smiled at Jin Hyuk in a shy manner, and it was enough for her to feel okay. Her back is against Jong Kook, and she bowed at Kwang Soo to not let her embarrassment shown. Kwang Soo, who is very well-mannered, just came to her instead. "N-noona! It's been a while. How have you been?" the youngest man in the hall asked. She doesn't know why that question seemed to be the hardest question that she has heard, so she just smiled at him.

When they heard the cue that the wedding rehearsal will now start, the door of the hall was closed. Although it disappointed fans, they were heard screaming happily for the future of Jong Kook and Hye Kyo. Jin Hyuk looked at Ji Hyo, who was obviously just keeping an act to appear strong. He held Ji Hyo's hand, and it made her smile at him. Jong Kook turned away when he took the chance to look at Ji Hyo, but was just in pain when he saw her smiling at Jin Hyuk. Hye Kyo put her hand around his waist as she asked, "You know everyone's watching, right?"

When Hye Kyo mentioned the word 'everyone', he knows she meant all the members of their family. And he was right. He saw his father, mother, and younger sister positioning themselves just like how Hye Kyo's father, mother, and younger brother. He looked at how happy the fathers are, and how uncomfortable the mothers are. He also saw the lingering affections that So Eun and Jae Rim have for one another. "Say, Hye Kyo-ssi, don't you even feel sorry that you're wasting our time?" he asked all of a sudden.

Hye Kyo, who was surprised at the cold treatment, smiled at him as she answered, "I feel sorry not because of wasting your time, but because I have no more time." Jong Kook suddenly realized what she meant, and he doesn't know why he started to feel sorry for her. He looked at Hye Kyo's eyes and smiled as a way to show his regret. "Don't feel bad. I know you are subconsciously rude at times, but you're not that totally rude." she told him which made him confused. "So, am I rude or not?" he asked with a smile.

Ji Hyo can clearly see how Jong Kook looked so warm beside Hye Kyo. The smile he is giving her is making her happy and sad at the same time. She knows that if there's someone to be blame in the sudden distance between him and her, she's that someone. "You still show how you love that man even from this kind of distance." said Jin Hyuk. "I think he's like a distant star that you will always look up, like, and love, even from afar." the actor added.

"People are like stars. There are millions of them out there but only one makes your dream come true. But if you keep your eye so much on that distant star, you'd fail to see the shooting star falling for you." She remembered that Kim Jong Kook told her that as their eyes locked. That thought entered her mind upon hearing Jin Hyuk's words. "I guess the distance between that distant star and the person looking from afar isn't that far if both know how loved they are." she then heard Jin Hyuk adding the said words.

Ji Hyo looked at Jin Hyuk, who smiled at her. She was supposed to ask something, however, the rehearsal was announced over already. So Eun is now seen standing near the microphone stand, and she asked everyone inside the hall to come to her birthday party. The venue will just be beside the hall, so she hopes that everyone could join. "You should be at my younger sister's birthday party, too." told Jin Hyuk. She nodded her head as a reply although her mind is saying that there's something weird in the atmosphere.

The hotel's door was opened, and they were pretty amazed at the view of Jin Hyuk giving her a back hug. The squealing made everyone else looked at the source of them. "Ji Hyo-yah, I know you know how much you mean to me, but I don't want to burden you to stay with me knowing that our relationship isn't true. And though I love you so, I want you to know, that after So Eun's party ---" Jong Kook's jaw dropped upon seeing the big smile on Ji Hyo's face as Jin Hyuk told her, "I will be letting you go."